2019 resolution: (try to) do not buy anything new! Boycott of the new?

Consumption and sustainable and responsible diet tips daily to reduce energy and water consumption, waste ... Eat: preparations and recipes, find healthy food, seasonal and local conservation information food ...
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 2019 Resolution: (try to) do not buy anything new! Boycott of the new?

by Ahmed » 08/01/19, 18:31

Likewise, what goes to a recycling center is not legally recoverable. It was possible to override before, but the teams toured several depots and probably cameras encouraged them to refuse: it therefore became more difficult.
I had discussed with administrative officials the possibility of creating a resourcery *, they listened to me politely, but it was without echo ...

* I would prefer that the recovery is done on a clear basis and that it can benefit more people because of a storefront structure.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 08/01/19, 19:33

Christophe wrote:Give priority to the 2019 second-hand market in order to reduce (significantly) its environmental impact. Repair or buy used or, it became rather easy with the internet and the various signs in the big cities ...

When we see the unreliability of products today, even the planned obsolescence, I am not sure that this is the right solution, except basic products (furniture, dishes ... for example).
I repair my own objects, especially all that is electric, there I can say that I have saved in addition to my great work for the planet, but I will certainly not go to buy a fridge or even a microwave second hand, too risky unless you know the person who gives it away.
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Exnihiloest » 08/01/19, 19:36

Christophe wrote:...
Fortunately we are told: capitalism is the best of systems !!

: Cry: : Cry: : Cry:

Show us a better system that worked!
0 x
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 08/01/19, 19:37

I do not boycott the new but I have banned from my purchases for decades anything that uses chipboard.

Solid wood is not that expensive and it is almost wear-free. My kitchen is in painted solid oak, it is old and always impeccable. One of my relatives bought an IKEA kitchen (very expensive) less than 10 years ago, today it is completely screwed up! : Lol:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 08/01/19, 22:03

Exnihiloest wrote:
Christophe wrote:Give priority to the 2019 second-hand market in order to reduce (significantly) its environmental impact. Repair or buy used or, it became rather easy with the internet and the various signs in the big cities ...

When we see the unreliability of products today, even the planned obsolescence, I am not sure that this is the right solution, except basic products (furniture, dishes ... for example).
I repair my own objects, especially all that is electric, there I can say that I have saved in addition to my great work for the planet, but I will certainly not go to buy a fridge or even a microwave second hand, too risky unless you know the person who gives it away.

It's a lottery

Used dishwasher under brand 40 €.
That makes 5 years
But I share it could have broken down 1 month later.

The congelo that we were given: 2 years and no worries, until when? ... to follow.
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 09/01/19, 11:54

nico239 wrote:The congelo that we were given: 2 years and no worries, until when? ... to follow.
I still use the fridge that I inherited from my uncle who died over 20 years ago ...
He had used it fifteen years before.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/19, 11:55

Yes boy, but that ... It was before! : Cheesy:
0 x
stylo67
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by stylo67 » 09/01/19, 13:45

Hello I just read this new theme then I can testify that it is not yet won! Several times I put ads of old furniture and other objects such as jars but in good condition that I ceded free of charge well no answer or I had to move to deliver these space-saving objects because the interested parties did not want to move. On the well-known sales site moreover we find I search for free ... etc .... I thought it was going to be easy but my ads remained unanswered; I solved this problem by giving what I no longer wanted to EMMAUS they come by appointment and take everything you give them.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 09/01/19, 13:47

pen67 wrote:Hello I just read this new theme then I can testify that it is not yet won! Several times I put ads of old furniture and other objects such as jars but in good condition that I ceded free of charge well no answer or I had to move to deliver these space-saving objects because the interested parties did not want to move. On the well-known sales site moreover we find I search for free ... etc .... I thought it was going to be easy but my ads remained unanswered; I solved this problem by giving what I no longer wanted to EMMAUS they come by appointment and take everything you give them.

That's exactly what I said ... we find it hard to stuff our leather armchairs (for example)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/19, 14:16

pen67 wrote:Several times I put ads of old furniture and other objects such as jars but in good condition that I ceded free of charge well no answer or I had to move to deliver these space-saving objects because the interested parties did not want to move. On the well-known sales site moreover we find I search for free ... etc ...

This is the problem with donations: when you are generous, people try to abuse it more ... well yes in their heads if you can give, well you can also deliver and give your fuel and your time! A generous has become rare so let's go, take advantage! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
More seriously: have you never tried to negotiate paid deliveries (at least at cost price)?

Example of similar abuse: yesterday at the cafe, 3 girls came back to just go to the bathroom ... without ordering anything ... the boss kicked them out ... I would have been a little more diplomatic than him but it shows the mentality of some people who think that everything is due to them!

I thought it was going to be easy but my ads went unanswered; I solved this problem by giving what I no longer wanted to EMMAUS they come by appointment and take everything you give them.

Absolutely: EMMAÜS has already been mentioned above! It's very good and you have to go there regularly!
0 x

Back to "Sustainable consumption: responsible consumption, diet tips and tricks"