WHAT TO CHOOSE? Calculator problem with the electric car

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Did67

Re: WHAT TO CHOOSE? Calculator problem with the electric car

by Did67 » 18/12/18, 11:02

sicetaitsimple wrote:
In short, there is still room to support the development of EV… ..

I think that honest people (I mean intellectually honest) will agree on that.

Still, from my point of view, at least two or three points:

a) for the moment, EV owners do not charge ONLY during off-peak hours; it is a little throughout the day, at random parking lots near an outlet; therefore this supposes adapted pricing, behavioral changes [NB: this is true for other "heavy uses" domestic - which differs its washing machine or dishwasher or freezer: they all have durations of 36 or 48 or 72 h - mine - so it would be easy to program the daily recharge at 3 am]

b) the question of the taxation of this "fuel", which hangs above our heads like a sword of Damocles; everyone (including some pubs) reasoning on the basis of the current tariff; it seems obvious to me that if the EV gains momentum, the State will seek to transfer tax losses to electricity (or mileage via tracking ???) ... This disturbs decision-making; the current rate base will probably not be tomorrow's ???

c) for those who for one reason or another are against a new nuclear development (I am, for ethical reasons mentioned elsewhere), it is likely that this increase in consumption will not be used as justifications for launching new installments; I think that if we are sincerely against a new nuclear development, we must be consistent and square and not encourage consumption [hence the only way, for me, to consider the acquisition of an EV is with a PV / even wind power plant to produce a substantial part - it will never be 100% - of the "fuel"; hence my remark above that the incoming "ticket" is heavy, even though calculations seem to show that it is not necessarily the loser; that in any case, he "freezes" the bill at a known level from which I will still benefit in 15 years - no need for me to go to roundabouts in a wheelchair and in a yellow vest]

PS: apparently nobody knows if you can "easily" replace the battery pack of an e-Up?
1 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/12/18, 11:07

Did67 wrote:hence the only way, for me, to consider the acquisition of an EV is with a PV / even wind turbine installation to produce a substantial part - it will never be 100% - of the "fuel"; hence my remark above that the incoming "ticket" is heavy

Minimum € 100 ... Image

And again saying that I think my estimate is "above ground" Image
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/12/18, 11:47

Are you dreaming Tesla or what? I was more modest: an e-Up at almost 30 euros [without ads: https://www.automobile-propre.com/voitu ... agen-e-up/] + a 3 kVp installation (carried out by a professional; this makes around € 12 today; this can be more powerful and less expensive by installing a kit: https://helloenergie.com/kit-solaire-60 ... yYQAvD_BwE)

I was expecting 40 to 45 € from Santa Claus - apparently he has a reindeer breakdown, not enough lichens to feed them well!

Well, I have to be less approximate and do some calculations in relation to the average PV / consumption productivity of the EV depending on our usage ... to see a little more clearly.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/12/18, 11:53

Did67 wrote:I was more modest: an e-Up at almost 30 euros + a 000 kVc installation (carried out by a professional; this is in the 3 € today)

I was waiting for 45 € from Santa Claus - apparently he has a reindeer breakdown, not enough lichens to feed them well!

You forget the essential ... Image

If I trust your calculation then and being less stingy than my initial 100, I would say 000 € minimum
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/12/18, 11:57

nico239 wrote:

If I trust your calculation then and being less stingy than my initial 100, I would say 000 € minimum

????? There, frankly, I do not see [I speak "entry ticket"= investment, to take cash out of pocket at once; therefore excluding consumption other than self-produced, excluding maintenance, excluding insurance ...]

Wind turbines ??? For the gray days when there would be wind ???
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 18/12/18, 12:01

Did67 wrote:
nico239 wrote:

????? There, frankly, I do not see [I speak "entry ticket"= investment, to take cash out of pocket at once; therefore excluding consumption other than self-produced, excluding maintenance, excluding insurance ...]

We are "privileged" and we forget it ... Image

So to do what you want you need:

A detached house
+
A terrrain to install a wind turbine
+
an e-Up for almost 30 euros
+
a 3 kVp installation carried out by a professional; it's in the € 12

It's starting to do ...Image
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 18/12/18, 12:26

Ok I see...

I admit having thought for me, in my case ... Just: "I buy or I do not buy" an EV?

Of course, if you count land, house (well, if you are in self-production mode, you do not need a house to carry your signs, it may be a car port fitted out; but I agree that you don't buy this if you don't have a house) ...

But let's not kid ourselves: it is not tomorrow that EVs will replace the old ZX or Clio that we still see! Nor fill the HLM car parks ...
0 x
RIAZ
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by RIAZ » 18/12/18, 12:27

nico239 wrote:Decrease the maximum potential vehicle speeds, decrease the engine displacement, decrease the weight, decrease the electronics or certain automations and their superfluous heavy electric motors ... etc

And after doing all that, when the time comes, these vehicles right because light could be electric if it's really the best way to run on renewable energy. And we must not forget that we will improve the score by sharing them ...

It is just common sense and minimum risk in case of error in this choice. If we have cars that have a low environmental impact and we find the magic formula to have renewable energy galore, not even bad : Lol:

Getting into a dead end hurts a lot, especially at the end ....

Michel
0 x
In terms of the future, it is not to foresee it, but to enable it (Antoine de Saint Exupery)
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/12/18, 12:39

Did67 wrote:
sicetaitsimple wrote:
In short, there is still room to support the development of EV… ..

I think that honest people (I mean intellectually honest) will agree on that.

Still, from my point of view, at least two or three points:

a) for the moment, EV owners do not charge ONLY during off-peak hours; it is a little throughout the day, at random parking lots near an outlet; therefore this supposes adapted pricing, behavioral changes [NB: this is true for other "heavy uses" domestic - which differs its washing machine or dishwasher or freezer: they all have durations of 36 or 48 or 72 h - mine - so it would be easy to program the daily recharge at 3 am]

b) the question of the taxation of this "fuel", which hangs above our heads like a sword of Damocles; everyone (including some pubs) reasoning on the basis of the current tariff; it seems obvious to me that if the EV gains momentum, the State will seek to transfer tax losses to electricity (or mileage via tracking ???) ... This disturbs decision-making; the current rate base will probably not be tomorrow's ???

c) for those who for one reason or another are against a new nuclear development (I am, for ethical reasons mentioned elsewhere), it is likely that this increase in consumption will not be used as justifications for launching new installments; I think that if we are sincerely against a new nuclear development, we must be consistent and square and not encourage consumption [hence the only way, for me, to consider the acquisition of an EV is with a PV / even wind power plant to produce a substantial part - it will never be 100% - of the "fuel"; hence my remark above that the incoming "ticket" is heavy, even though calculations seem to show that it is not necessarily the loser; that in any case, he "freezes" the bill at a known level from which I will still benefit in 15 years - no need for me to go to roundabouts in a wheelchair and in a yellow vest]

On point a) yes obviously we need changes of habits. But I think for example (maybe it's already like that, I don't know) that you should be able to say when you come home in the evening via your smartphone "I want my battery to be fully charged by 7:00 am" and that the bazaar will manage, depending on the residual state of charge and your electricity tariff that it knows, to do that to you on the small side by minimizing the cost and sparing the battery.

b): voluntarily I did not tackle the initial subject of the topic relating to the cost of use: EVs are largely subsidized, we have little perspective on the lifespan of batteries in real conditions, the problem of taxation that you bishops, ...... Having said that, concerning this last point, who can say how much a barrel of oil will be worth in 5,10, 20 or 100 years? 200, 300, 100 $, or less than XNUMX like now? At the risk of not being in the current wind, I would say that my preference would rather be to pay taxes in France on a product whose added value is mainly achieved in France than to fatten a certain number of sympathetic monarchies or democracies " ex-popular ".

c) we saw a little higher than in any case even if the EV takes off in terms of sales, its penetration in terms of% of the rolling stock will be very slow. From my point of view it leaves more time than it takes to develop a substantial renewable electric fleet. So I don't think that the development of EV necessarily implies a development of the nuclear fleet compared to the current level.
Of course if his personal goal is the fastest possible eradication of it, it is better to avoid switching to EV, it would be illogical.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 18/12/18, 13:48

sicetaitsimple wrote:
Of course if his personal goal is the fastest possible eradication of it, it is better to avoid switching to EV, it would be illogical.

… .Except under the conditions you mention (self-consumption of PV production for example), but as you yourself mentioned it seems to me, it is more suited to a retired status than in the general case of the person who takes his car in the morning to go to work and who does not return until evening.
0 x