Easypell boiler adjustment

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Easypell boiler adjustment

by Thomas80 » 04/12/18, 14:12

Hello everybody

I have a new Easypell pellet boiler (low-cost Okofen product) with an outside sensor and a room thermostat (Easytronic system, I believe it is the same as Okofen's: white, large knob and two "Esc" and "Enter" buttons) to replace a fuel boiler.
My house consists of 2 floors of 100 m² each with large cast iron radiators on the ground floor (with thermostatic valves all fully open) and radiators in steel R + 1.

I am trying to make adjustments to get the right temperature in the living room.
I have to ask 21,5 ° C to get 19,5 (temperature taken by an electronic thermometer).

So I read on the forum the different settings to make and I attack the settings: Fixed point 35 ° C and slope to 1,3.

The temperature being lower than that requested I increase my fixed point to 40 ° C and lower my slope to 1,1. I'm waiting for 24h. No changes in room temperature. The temperature at the boiler outlet has increased.
I increase again my fixed point and go to 42,5 ° C (the max is 45 ° C) and lower my slope to 1.0. Still no change.

I search a little and I realize that the set room temperature of 21,5 ° C corresponds quite to the measured ambient temperature 21,5 ° C by the TA. I am looking for another thermometer that confirms that it is only 19,5 ° C in the room.
There I am lost. The temperature measured by the thermostat is therefore wrong ????? I am therefore obliged to ask 21,5 ° C to have 19,5 ° C ????

Could someone please enlighten me?

Thank you in advance
Thomas
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Easypell boiler setting

by izentrop » 04/12/18, 14:21

Hello,
If it is as for the setting of the water law on the heat pump, the set temperature is the flow temperature of the hot water circuit.
In my house, it is set to 26 ° to have about 20 ° of temperature in the control room with tap fully open.

The boiler regulates according to the outside temperature and the return of water.
0 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 04/12/18, 15:38

Thank you for your reply.
But I do not think that this setpoint ambient temperature corresponds to the water flow temperature of the boiler which is around 49 ° C today.

Thomas
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/12/18, 17:30

If I understood correctly, you do have a "room thermostat", located in the main room. And an outdoor sensor.

The difference you find is set somewhere: a room sensor is a thermistor (variable resistance depending on the temperature). In addition, the resistance of the probe (variable), that of the cable used (fixed), depending on the distance and thickness of the cable.

It is therefore necessary to configure the internal thermal sensor (or else operate knowing that there is a "technical" deviation of 2 °).

I no longer have it in mind, but on the old Okofen regulation, this parameter existed somewhere. The easiest way to start is to ask your installer. This is his job. If he does not know, we can always look for a "notice fitter"(generally, these settings are" reserved "for installers and are not mentioned in the manual"user"- that's normal, he didn't touch it!).
1 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 04/12/18, 18:28

Hello,

If it's like on a SmartXS, the probe settings can be accessed in the technician menu.

EDIT: I confirm, visual of the Easypell manual
501BF3EC-D38A-4887-8485-266FB9248A32.jpeg
501BF3EC-D38A-4887-8485-266FB9248A32.jpeg (254.46 KIO) Accessed 24646 times

A clarification may be useful ... When looking for its water law, make sure that the room thermostat provides a correction of 0.
Last edited by Pilpoill the 04 / 12 / 18, 18: 52, 1 edited once.
1 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 04/12/18, 18:45

Ok thank you I will contact my installer and ignore this gap.
To finish my adjustment and in order to save my pellets, I must therefore lower my fixed point little by little as long as I have the required temperature (taking into account of course the difference of 2 degrees) in order to obtain the desired comfort with the water. less hot possible. I've just ?
0 x
Pilpoill
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Pilpoill » 04/12/18, 18:57

Without wishing to insist, are you sure you have set the compensation to "0"?

At constant outside temperature, I find it odd that your various changes over several days have not shown any change in indoor temperature.
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 04/12/18, 19:00

I confirm, it's very important.

Otherwise, the room sensor corrects "automatically". And whatever you put, you end up with the deposit! Because the system corrects.

So yes, the time to calibrate your curve, you have to set the probe factor to 0 (this factor determines with what "vigor" the probe must correct: 0 = no correction; 10 = very strong correction).
2 x
Thomas80
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Thomas80 » 04/12/18, 20:12

Thank you Pilpoill and Did67 for these precisions far from useless because I had not actually put compensation on 0. : roll:

For the temperature problem, I will ask the technician access code to my installer to try to change that.

Thank you Pilpoill for the image of the manual but unfortunately I have the old model of the probe (much less design for that matter) so it does not fit. I will seek when I have it.

Thomas
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/12/18, 20:40

The fixed point being the external T ° at which the boiler must start to heat, it should rather be towards 21 ° ...
0 x