How to connect several small wind turbines?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
dani38
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

How to connect several small wind turbines?

by dani38 » 28/11/18, 14:27

hello.how to connect several small wind turbines.see on the photo
s-l1600.jpg
0 x
Exnihiloest
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: How to connect several small wind turbines?

by Exnihiloest » 28/11/18, 22:20

dani38 wrote:hello.how to connect several small wind turbines.see on the photos-l1600.jpg

If it provides DC power, put them in series for more voltage and not more current, or in parallel for the same voltage and more current but then provided they are identical and run at the same speed, otherwise the one will be charged in the other and it will be necessary to add electronics to overcome the difficulty. Or a conbinaison of these groups.
This will never be optimal without adding electronics, but basically it has to work.

If they supply alternating current, it will be necessary to straighten the current and return to the previous box, or to synchronize them mechanically by gears so that the currents are in phase (but mechanical losses, I would not throw myself into this idea even if theoretically possible) .
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 28/11/18, 23:54

Hello,
Apparently it's just a toy to light leds
With the advertised characteristics (1.5 V to 6000 rpm), we should not be able to light a led whose minimum voltage for a red is 1.6 V.
Coupling such low voltages will pose the problem of the threshold voltage of the rectifying diodes, especially since in single-phase, a diode bridge is required, so 2 diodes in series, even Schottky, is a significant loss. and a minimum rotation speed before any current is produced :D
I remember that the inventor of the wind turbine tree went bankrupt.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/11/18, 18:50

izentrop wrote:BJe recalls that the inventor of the wind turbine tree went bankrupt.

It was written in advance ... : Cheesy:

This does not mean that this project has not enriched (grants, donations, neuneus who have signed pre-orders ... in short, the background of Startup businesses based on an FBI * but which have project holders convincing enough to pretend it's a good idea ...)

* False Good Idea
0 x