greenhouse backed, non-optimum exposure: is it relevant?

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
gregui
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

greenhouse backed, non-optimum exposure: is it relevant?

by gregui » 03/09/18, 15:30

Hello,

having little experience in classical gardening and even less in greenhouse gardening, I submit my project to you:
create an unheated back-to-back greenhouse (solid, wood frame + glass) to create a covered easement between my kitchen, my boiler room and a workshop.
ideally, I plan to garden in this space, but the exposure to direct sun will not be optimal: main facade exposed south-southwest (so the sun arrives there only around noon), opaque walls to the east and west, sun mask to the west (shortening the exposure time of the south facade at the end of the day)

in these conditions, is it really relevant to provide a space for culture or limit the volume and create only a glass passageway used only for circulation?
what would be the minimum duration of direct sunlight in summer and winter to have satisfactory harvests?
I plan to have tomato / cucumber / pepper ... in hot season and salad / spinach / celery ... in winter

@+
0 x