Fight effectively against slugs!

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Fight effectively against slugs!

by Moindreffor » 04/08/18, 21:47

to rebalance and avoid traffic jams and deaths on the road we should share the year 12 periods of leave, well after all why everyone wants to leave July August, when we look for a bad argument we find
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
fl78960
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fl78960 » 23/08/18, 23:50

My anti-slug arsenal:

a pretty hedgehog hut (a crate turned upside down, a pile of wood + grass cut on it) built this spring and tonight ... right next to the pile, who is it?

More surprisingly, hunting a big slug (they are there, and very fat ...), a movement more alert me ... and carpet under the mulch between a tomato and a recently planted leek, I find

At work !
1 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 24/08/18, 00:16

This year I had a lot of toads ... but a phenomenal amount of slugs! Maybe they were unionized?
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 27/08/18, 16:04

They were charming princes who were waiting for a magic wand? And you may not be a charming princess ???

More seriously, I don't know if the drought hasn't made them curl up a bit and "slow down" ????
0 x
fl78960
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by fl78960 » 27/08/18, 17:09

Did67 wrote:They were charming princes who were waiting for a magic wand? And you may not be a charming princess ???

More seriously, I don't know if the drought hasn't made them curl up a bit and "slow down" ????

In fact, we went on vacation the 20 July and my mother-in-law watered conscientiously during our 3 weeks of absence and since our return I continue watering (the vegetable garden makes us good!) ... result: a (of?) toad (s), but also slugs ...
0 x
Eham
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eham » 26/05/19, 16:07

I was referred to this topic for slugs, so I read it and something really appealed to me. Sorry in advance to stop there because it's not new and off topic but it really questions me.

Moindreffor wrote:after there are bad killers in the slaughterhouses, then we must close all the slaughterhouses, a cold sheep without its wool so we must forbid to mow them and so we all become vegan, will nature be better off ? there will be nothing but fields, to produce all the necessary cereals, to feed us, to clothe us

This is an argument that I feel I hear often but that I find curious, that we have to produce more if everyone was vegan. Personally I am veggie but I support the vegan and I have nothing against (some) hunters.
I took the time to do the math imagining that we are food self-sufficiency in metropolitan France (as if everyone was working by AMAP instead of going to the supermarket), we are 65 million people and according to wiki there are 29 million hectares of useful agricultural area in France.

-For a vegetal diet it would be necessary to feed a person in the year 1000m² to 1500m² (source) which would require 9 750 000 hectares max to feed France only with a vegetarian diet. It would leave room for many other things!

-For a meat diet it would be 4700m² per person, since it is necessary to count the place for the animals and to cultivate their own food (according to this source, which is based on a calculation in the United States so it's approximate). Which would require 30 550 000 hectares to feed France.

-For a very meaty diet it would be 9350m² per person (same source as the previous one) so 60 775 000 hectares to feed all France .....

If my figure of 29 000 000 hectares of useful agricultural area in France is right, it means that we could be in total food autonomy with a slightly meaty diet. Knowing that we can add a reasoned hunting / gathering that will not fit in this area.
In any case it is clearly not the vegan that hurt the planet the most.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/05/19, 16:23

Eham wrote:If my figure of 29 000 000 hectares of useful agricultural area in France is right, it means that we could be in total food autonomy with a slightly meaty diet. Knowing that we can add a reasoned hunting / gathering that will not fit in this area.
In any case it is clearly not the vegan that hurt the planet the most.

I am not sure I fully understand where you want to come from there, but "the total food autonomy of France" is already very largely assured at least economically.
http://agreste.agriculture.gouv.fr/IMG/ ... 16-119.pdf

Everyone could avoid buying fruits or vegetables coming from the other side of the world out of season, that would only reinforce this state of fact.

PS: That said, it's actually completely off topic. Open a new thread if you want to discuss it.
0 x
Eham
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Eham » 26/05/19, 17:56

It was just to say that if everyone stopped eating meat we would not have to have fields as far as the eye can see, that it's more the opposite and that we consume more than we could only produce with our country.
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 26/05/19, 18:14

I did not understand what you're talking about .... Open another thread if you want to develop your theories.
1 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 26/05/19, 19:00

I did not understand what you're talking about .... Open another thread if you want to develop your theories.
it is not a question of theory but of facts.
1 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré

Back to "Agriculture: problems and pollution, new techniques and solutions"