The latest figures and weather consequences of global warming

Warming and Climate Change: causes, consequences, analysis ... Debate on CO2 and other greenhouse gas.
Christophe

Re: The latest figures from global warming

by Christophe » 25/08/18, 02:58

I'm not translating, it's too late: https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/godd ... ld-on-fire

worldfires-08232018.jpg
worldfires-08232018.jpg (156.07 KIO) Viewed 3354 times
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/08/18, 14:46

Help poor Africans to stop slash-and-burn agriculture and change their practices.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 26/08/18, 20:04

It would be too late to prevent it (already put the link but not the video)

A new clue not good for us
This month, a breakthrough Arctic region has cracked twice, for the first time in history, reports the British daily The Guardian.

Many experts were counting on this part, the oldest and most solid of this continent, to support the increase of temperatures to come. https://news.konbini.com/post/couche-ar ... n-fissurer
1 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 26/08/18, 20:43

Well yes, the climatic situation could well be much more serious than what the various scenarios published by the IPCC tell us; not in terms of described phenomena (which we have known for some time), but in terms of timing. The "rocking" of the climate could occur much sooner than it was foreseeable, from the 2 degrees which seemed to make consensus among scientists.

If these pessimistic predictions are not clearly denied by peers, vulgarly if the PNAS does not delve completely, there is an absolute urgency to take all measures to limit GHG emissions. It is no longer a question of procrastinating over various accessory disadvantages of this or that solution, it is about putting all the priorities on the reduction of GHG emissions and on the preservation of carbon sinks ...

It should be remembered that the methane contained in pergisol and in the methane hydrates of the oceans represents several times the totality of known natural gas resources, with a greenhouse effect 25 times greater than that of CO2. In concrete terms, we are sitting on a climatic bomb which no one knows the exact date of explosion of the detonator; the only thing we know is that she is close.
3 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 27/08/18, 09:48

Normal, the IPCC is a political organization that does not take the opinion of scientists https://jancovici.com/changement-climat ... e-le-giec/
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 27/08/18, 12:11

This is not at all what I suggest, Izentrop, but any body synthesizing the various studies of the various scientists working on a subject depends on the evolution of these studies; it is not unimaginable that what made consensus at a moment T does not do it at a given moment T + 1; that's how scientific knowledge evolves ...
You will notice that I have been cautious in thinking that it will be necessary to wait for peer validations to make the conclusions of this PNAS study probable. For the moment, we are at the stage of the scientific debate, which does not discredit anyone, and especially not the IPCC ...
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 29/08/18, 09:58

0 x
J-Pierre
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by J-Pierre » 29/08/18, 17:07

Warming, then after the floods following the rise of the oceans, when it is not the fires:
https://lejustenecessaire.wordpress.com/
In addition to global warming, we do not mention the sharing (theft) of raw materials in all poor countries,
-1 here is polluting,
-2 we save his.
They will lead to conflict and other wars.
0 x
yves35
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by yves35 » 29/08/18, 23:17

Good evening,

Warming, then after the floods following the rise of the oceans, when it is not the fires:
https://lejustenecessaire.wordpress.com/
In addition to global warming, we do not mention the sharing (theft) of raw materials in all poor countries,
-1 here is polluting,
-2 we save his.
They will lead to conflict and other wars.

It is not false...

yves
0 x
ignored: obamot, janic, guygadebois... air, air. We are not (yet) on Qanon Ben, if in fact
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 30/08/18, 09:04

NASA's tool for seeing fires also allows you to zoom in on the map. for example the 27 / 08 / in Central Africa

I chose an area where we can see the smoke that emerges, other area with many more fires, it is less obvious.
Attachments
fireAfricaCentral.jpg
fireAfricaCentrale.jpg (57.35 KIO) Viewed 3194 times
0 x