37 Lazy Vegetable Seed

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: 37 Lazy Vegetable Seeds

by Moindreffor » 23/08/18, 13:18

Did67 wrote:Here, a good observation.

The first thing I will try is to make them climb: 3 poles in "Indian tent"; a strong wire mesh such as those we put in concrete slabs ????

Maybe the climbing alters the hormone flows and this "unblocks" flowering / fruiting. Just an idea ...

I noticed this too, my potimarrons climb above the edge of boxwood and often it fructifies at this place, but I also noticed that without size at the beginning it is already necessary a beautiful length of stem to have a fruit especially on the pumpkin
for pumpkins it's shorter, but next year I'll do my own feet and I'll prune to multiply the stems
0 x
"Those with the biggest ears are not the ones who hear the best"
(of me)
Did67

by Did67 » 23/08/18, 14:45

Yes, you already need a nice surface of "sensors" before starting to fill "batteries" of this capacity!
0 x
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 23/08/18, 22:00

Maybe it's a problem of pollination in tall grass?
0 x
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 24/08/18, 14:21

to be chafoin wrote:Maybe it's a problem of pollination in tall grass?

Maybe the herbs prevent even flower formation and branching. I also found that the feet growing on the hay have multiple ramifications and multiple small fruits. This after the first harvest, the first reserve, I had means to very large fruits
So the plant growing through a grassy part had many leaves to feed only 2 fruits in my case.
I'll have to cut all the ramifications for a foot growing on the hay. I do not know if I'll be vigilant enough.
Today in any case I picked a good 20aine small pumpkins of 3 8cm diameter to make a ratatouille without removing the seeds. I will see if those who remain fat.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 24/08/18, 14:26

phil53 wrote:
to be chafoin wrote:Maybe it's a problem of pollination in tall grass?

Maybe the herbs prevent even flower formation and branching. I also found that the feet growing on the hay have multiple ramifications and multiple small fruits. This after the first harvest, the first reserve, I had means to very large fruits
So the plant growing through a grassy part had many leaves to feed only 2 fruits in my case.
I'll have to cut all the ramifications for a foot growing on the hay. I do not know if I'll be vigilant enough.
Today in any case I picked a good 20aine small pumpkins of 3 8cm diameter to make a ratatouille without removing the seeds. I will see if those who remain fat.

the fruits are formed after a certain number of nodes or I do not know which name, by ramifications you bring the fruits of the foot and you multiply their number which makes that you have more fruits on a smaller space, after as you can leave until the frosts fruits have time to grow
0 x
(of me)
phil53
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by phil53 » 24/08/18, 14:52

Moindreffor not quite agree, from a certain size the fruits do not grow bigger, the skin hardens and the seeds are filled.
As I am in open ground and I am pilfering, I pick them as soon as they are about 2 kg and more. Then only it grows ramifications and it is there that it forms full of small fruits. except for the foot that crossed 3 m grass that made me 2 big 20cm of each other.
0 x
Moindreffor
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Moindreffor » 24/08/18, 15:15

phil53 wrote:Moindreffor not quite agree, from a certain size the fruits do not grow bigger, the skin hardens and the seeds are filled.
As I am in open ground and I am pilfering, I pick them as soon as they are about 2 kg and more. Then only it grows ramifications and it is there that it forms full of small fruits. except for the foot that crossed 3 m grass that made me 2 big 20cm of each other.

the pumpkin give fruits of about 1,5-2 kg so actually after that does not grow more, so useless actually to leave them, it is necessary just to take care to pick them ripe all the same

paysan.bio, said that the first floral bouquet on a tomato foot came after 7 departures of leaf (of memory) and thus he cut his young tomato feet before transplanting them so that the first floral bouquet come after only 3 departure leaves from where a foot less high and which will give more floral bouquets if the mildew leaves him the occasion

So the size of the pumpkins, and pumpkins allows to have more fruits, the branches of forming naturally after a certain length of shoot, the size forces to start earlier this ramification
0 x
(of me)
to be chafoin
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by to be chafoin » 24/08/18, 19:13

phil53 wrote:I also found that the feet growing on the hay have multiple ramifications and multiple small fruits. This after the first harvest, the first reserve, I had means to very large fruits. So the plant growing through a grassy part had many leaves to feed only 2 fruits in my case. I'll have to cut all the ramifications for a foot growing on the hay. I do not know if I'll be vigilant enough. Today in any case I picked a good 20aine small pumpkins of 3 8cm diameter to make a ratatouille without removing the seeds. I will see if those who remain fat.
This is not what I observed at home: with hay cover, multiple small leaves, 2 pumpkin rather big!
2018-08-21 19.17.17.jpg
2018-08-21 19.19.22.jpg
it's 46 girl!
0 x