New water / oil emulsion

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

New water / oil emulsion

by abyssin3 » 19/10/06, 17:54

Castor oil based:

"We knew from current knowledge in chemistry that adding water to diesel would allow more efficient combustion. But there was no technology to do this," says Professor Kazuo Tajima. Water and diesel are two substances that usually do not mix. Unless an emulsifier (an agent that combines the two substances), the surfactants, allows water and petroleum to come together. But since these agents can be harmful, the team based at the University of Kanagawa replaced them with castor oil, vegetable oil from a plant called Ricinus Comunis and cultivated mainly in India and Brazil ... "

The continuation here:
http://www.japanbar.net/index.php?rub=c ... &ficheN=46
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 19/10/06, 21:48

Very interesting ! Even more need of Pantone nor of catalytic converter! What do the oil companies think?
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 19/10/06, 22:08

:?: A doubt assails me.
This transformed castor tree could pollute seriously and in the long term!

Indeed, when there is pollution of hydrocarbons, the light product floats on the water, and the heavy one amalgamates and sinks. On polluted beaches, it collects with a shovel.
Whether a can of magic castor falls into the water or onto the ground, then the water table, the water reached will be inclined to mix intimately, with all the hydrocarbon crap that would pass through it ...
The poison would be diluted, slowly, gently, without evidence, but, after decades, the concentrations would worsen, and the water, source of life of the planet, would be irremediably unsuitable?
Last edited by gegyx the 19 / 10 / 06, 22: 50, 1 edited once.
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 19/10/06, 22:42

Castor oil has long been used in competition (before the arrival of synthetic oils?) When I was a kid, I mixed it with ether and a little nitromethane to make fuel for micro-engines. self-ignition (no longer used because it vibrates a lot) of model aircraft.
It is also used as a purgative.
I have never heard of pollution from this oil. Insofar as a derivative of this product makes hydrocarbons miscible with water, this obviously requires precautions. Are there not microorganisms that biograde hydrocarbons even when mixed with water?
0 x
bob_isat
Pantone engine Researcher

by bob_isat » 19/10/06, 23:50

Personally I was considering making a castor alcohol emulsion for my diesel because I found a patent on it.

25% ethanol could be incorporated into the castor oil without risk of phase shift.

however it seems to me that castor oil causes problems with the scrubbing of the segments if I have a good memory ...
0 x
Other

by Other » 20/10/06, 02:12

Hello,
For me you did not regret the price of castor oil, for an experience but to spend a 50 liters ...
Yes, castor oil erases the segments as do vegetable oils, if you use them as a lubricant, but if you use them as fuel in an engine, hot, injector in good condition, this does not pose a problem, (I I added (Klotz) in my vegetable peanut oil a very small amount that completely modifies the smell of the exhaust)

Andre
0 x
abyssin3
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by abyssin3 » 20/10/06, 10:10

What exactly is Klotz?
0 x
Other

by Other » 20/10/06, 15:26