Wind power: for or against the wind?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Wind: for or against the wind?

by izentrop » 20/07/18, 22:30

sen-no-sen wrote:Pierre Jovanovic develops a very relevant idea according to which the accession to power of Adolf Hitler would be a consequence of the implementation of the printing press.
Above all, he benefited from the global financial crisis which began in 1929 in the USA and except in Italy, they did not all switch to the extreme right. And then the rise to power of the Nazis did not happen in a day, nor for a single reason https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/fr/article.php?ModuleId=575
Last edited by izentrop the 20 / 07 / 18, 22: 43, 1 edited once.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/07/18, 22:32

Ahmed wrote:Guess the emoticon means "wishful thinking"? : Lol:
Note: when I write "the same countries", it means the target countries of extractivism ...

No, the emoticon does not mean "wishful thinking" but rather ... "very fortunately" (which has not always been the case throughout history)

As I said earlier, most countries have reappropriated extractivism so they are both their own "target" and the main beneficiaries.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 20/07/18, 22:49

izentrop wrote:Above all, he benefited from the global financial crisis which began in 1929 in the USA and except in Italy, they did not all switch to the extreme right. And then the rise to power of the Nazis did not happen in a day, nor for a single reason https://www.ushmm.org/wlc/fr/article.php?ModuleId=575

"Profited" is not the word (or rather the evil)!
There is not a single reason but a multitude of factors arising from a main process, nuance.
Hitler especially played the role of a nucleus of condensation by structuring from his character and his party the entropy linked to the various phenomena which agitated the beginning of centuries (economic crisis, printing press, popular catharsis etc.).
We see nowadays that the strategy of quantitative easing seems to lead us towards a rather similar outcome ...
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/07/18, 22:58

Sorry, Nico239, the incomprehension resulted from my overly evasive formulation ...
It is true that the extractivism that was exercised outside is also turning inward, for lack of other possibilities of extension. I would beware of peremptory generalizing judgments: the countries of the center undergo and benefit from extractivism; more precisely, within these countries (as in the countries of the periphery, but with important nuances in the respective proportions), some benefit from it and most of the others suffer from it ... However, geopolitics testifies to it, the periphery remains at the center of the challenges of large consumer countries and this will increasingly be the case.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 20/07/18, 23:07

Ahmed wrote:Sorry, Nico239, the incomprehension resulted from my overly evasive formulation ...
It is true that the extractivism that was exercised outside is also turning inward, for lack of other possibilities of extension. I would beware of peremptory generalizing judgments: the countries of the center undergo and benefit from extractivism; more precisely, within these countries (as in the countries of the periphery, but with important nuances in the respective proportions), some benefit from it and most of the others suffer from it ... However, geopolitics testifies to it, the periphery remains at the center of the challenges of large consumer countries and this will increasingly be the case.

Who are the countries of the “center” and those of the “periphery”?
From the center of what and from the periphery of what? Image
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/07/18, 23:55

Indeed, the "center" does not represent here a geometric notion, but the historical reality of the dominant countries, therefore the European countries in the broad sense (formerly colonizers). The "peripheral" countries are the others, which serve as areas for the supply of raw materials (including labor) and exports of high value-added goods, with the social and environmental damage that this implies. .
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 21/07/18, 00:04

You make you sweat. The subject is the wind turbines.
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 21/07/18, 00:10

nico239 wrote:
Ahmed wrote:Sorry, Nico239, the incomprehension resulted from my overly evasive formulation ...

Who are the countries of the “center” and those of the “periphery”?
From the center of what and from the periphery of what? Image

Ahmed wrote:Indeed, the "center" does not represent here a geometric notion, but the historical reality of the dominant countries, therefore the European countries in the broad sense (formerly colonizers). The "peripheral" countries are the others, which serve as areas for the supply of raw materials (including labor) and exports of high value-added goods, with the social and environmental damage that this implies. .

Well what a mess Image

We will try to decode ...
"It is true that the extractivism that was exercised outside is also turning inwards, for lack of other possibilities of extension"
Do we understand that
Is it true that the extractivism of the central countries which was exercised abroad is also turning inward, for lack of other possibilities of extension?
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 21/07/18, 00:12

moinsdewatt wrote:You make you sweat. The subject is the wind turbines.

Image you're right....
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 23/07/18, 20:01

I put in the correct subject, the message posted by mistake in the subject "thorium" can be deleted. :?

Drought in the United Kingdom drastically reduces the energy production of wind turbines https://www.earth.com/news/uk-wind-drou ... ne-energy/
This month, power generation dropped by 40% and was 30% lower than the amount of wind energy generated last year, even with new wind farms and advances in wind power technology in the United Kingdom. United.

Last year, wind power provided 15% of UK power, twice as much as coal, but this year, these numbers dropped to less than 2% on June 2.
0 x