Pollution of plastics in everyday life

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Daily plastic pollution

by chatelot16 » 11/06/18, 19:44

the main problem is the value of the recovery plastic!

the old plastic can serve as fuel, so should have a non-zero value ... and if it had a value easily salable tiout those who time would pick it up to earn a little

the problem is that no one buys the plastic ... so if it is worthless it is left hanging out

there is an absurd regulation stacking that plunges recycling ... all recycling activities are subject to heavy regulation on the establishment classified for the protection of the environment

to protect the environment we complicate and we tax those who do the useful work ??? result too much taxed useful work is not done and we let the plastic trail

it is imperative to give a slightly positive value to all plastic waste, so that all those who have time to pick it up and earn a little money

there is no 36 solution, you have to build thermal power plants that burn everything to make energy and buy plastic at a non-zero price! there is no need for this purchase price to be high, it is enough that it is not zero
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Pollution of plastics in everyday life

by Ahmed » 11/06/18, 20:44

Grelinette,you write:
There are 3 answers (solutions) to this observation:

- the first is the metaphor of the Colibri, dear to Pierre Rabhi. This little bird who tried in vain to put out a fire with the few drops carried in its beak: "Even if the task seems impossible, everyone must take their part, and if everyone takes their part, the task will be carried out" .

- the second is the theory of critical mass: when 2 blocks are opposed, it is the one who ends up having the largest mass that ends up imposing his will. In other words, the more we will react, the more our mass will (maybe) tip the scales on the right side!

- and the third, when everything will be destroyed, broken, polluted, if we are still alive, we will have to put ourselves in it to rebuild everything, and it will be a long and difficult work, as much to start now ...

Grelinette, the small hummingbird of econology : Cheesy:

- 1 The hummingbird metaphor, I understand it very differently: it is an ethical position that does not take efficiency into account, which is valid since the latter is evident on the side of destruction. This points to the only task likely to trigger a change: not "small gestures" which serve as a cover-up for the destruction in progress, but the expression of a positivity, of a manifesto for life.
- 2 The theory of critical mass is not relevant, because the extension of evil far exceeds the action of evil-doers, whether or not they are aware of their actions: it is a phenomenon that surpasses societies and is situated as outside of them and each of its members necessarily contributes to the common destruction, this although each can also make "small gestures" which do not change the essential, consisting of acts that he cannot control, since it comes under socio-economic determinism.
- 3 The logic implemented will go to its end, except triumph of ethics and radical change of the ends of our societies, of which we do not take the way and it is the systemic collapse which seems only to be able to reveal (this is the meaning of the word apocalypse) our blindness about the root causes of this impasse and, as you say, it will be a work of titanic reconstruction and hardly imaginable ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/06/18, 12:06

The risk of focusing on "collecting greasy papers" is to end up with a simple puritanism which takes offense at the detail, but hypocritically accommodates the deepest vice. This is not a simple clause of style or a modesty of frightened reason: countries like Germany or Switzerland coexist a trifle cleanliness with a considerable development of heavy industries, many of which are devoted to chemicals, all this with the lifestyle that goes with it ...
I think there are already enough useful idiots (it's also difficult to avoid, since it is from an objective point of view that I place myself) without adding.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/06/18, 13:21

hummingbird or idiot useful it is useless ...

for me the solution is to build biomass and plastic thermal power plants, to buy all the plastic waste we can pick up

currently we are criticizing incineration ... but if there is no efficient and productive incineration there will always be more pollution

there is a way to burn everything without polishing: you have to set up this way and give all the plastic a fuel value

the fashion of the garbage dump that wastes public money to work and that puts the value of all recovery products to zero is bad

to avoid dispersion we must give a positive value to the materials of recovery

oil is transported well from the other end of the earth ... hot countries do not need heating, so have nothing to do with the heat of burning waste ... we must transport these waste for burn them where it is useful ... there is as much energy in the plastic as in the oil so the transport should be as profitable
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/06/18, 13:29

... useful idiots are to the maintenance of a system to which they provide some kind of customs clearance.
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 12/06/18, 16:25

In Africa, we use plastic collected on the ground to put it back on the ground, instead of cement. Is it a better idea than incineration?

http://observers.france24.com/fr/201603 ... an-yaounde
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/06/18, 17:14

The manufacturing work must not be very healthy because of the vapors emitted during heating with this rudimentary equipment, otherwise the idea is not bad and more rewarding than energy use (in this context, especially). A disadvantage will be the production of micro particles of plastic with the wear of the pavement ...
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 12/06/18, 17:36

Are micro plastic particles more harmful than micro particles of cement (or tire)? I ask myself the question because the problem of plastic in the food chain is not chemical but physical, plastic does not break down and obstructs the digestive tract, from a certain size (bag in the stomach of a dromedary, micro particle in the stomach of a microorganism?).
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/06/18, 18:09

the problem is the same for plastics as for tires ... using them as building materials is a false good idea if you build a road that wears out and puts everything in dust

I find that the use of fuel is the best condition to burn in an efficient plant that uses a lot of energy without polluting ... the bad example is an incineration plant that burns no matter how without producing useful energy as there are unfortunately many

I saw not long ago a topic about the danger of sports ground pellet tire that cause health problems athletes ... it's scary, if the danger is visible with the sports field it must be even more serious for tire wear on the road ... but it is invisible because it is a danger that has increased gradually without any sudden transition to notice it
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 12/06/18, 19:30

The wear of tires on the road is a "necessary evil" for the operation of the system, it is not discussed but the tonnage of tires used annually probably exceeds the tonnage of plastics discarded in nature.
It is like for gasoline, according to the criteria of the law on toxic in Switzerland it should be issued on medical prescription, or only to professionals having attended specific courses (CT3 or 4, I had been taught that at school) but obviously it is not possible ...

At the same time, cement is an energy sink, how much plastic should you burn to make a kilo of cement?
0 x