Toxic chimney ... asks for something

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
Lou Lou
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Toxic chimney ... asks for something

by Lou Lou » 16/10/06, 00:07

Hello,
I am polytoxycosensitive (environmental hypersensitive) and I have just rented a living space in the countryside, large and bright, but I noticed that the chimney which passed in the middle of it smelled (and harmful effects). After visual inspection, there is a liquid creosote slide and several blackened areas of soot which has passed through the cement joints (brick chimney). This chimney once had an interior clay liner which collapsed. It appears that there was an accumulation directly on the masonry.

Would there be someone who would know how I could repair it in a non-toxic way for me (healthy products) while keeping as much as possible the appearance of this beautiful brick fireplace. I am a tenant and not an owner ...

Thank you! Looking forward to reading your suggestions.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 16/10/06, 02:15

Hello,
The simple way to repair a wooden chimney in red terracotta which has a brickwork around, it sells (sleeves) shirt in stainless steel sheet which are exactly in wood format, they are simply pushed into the chimney and are invisible from the outside, no more leaks, no more creosote slides, guaranteed for life, easier to sweep soot does not stick well on stainless steel.
The problem you meet is due to chimneys that are not used long enough, so too cold, it condenses and the frost does the rest of the damage.

Andre
0 x

Go back to "Real estate and eco-construction: diagnostics, HQE, HPE, bioclimatism, natural habitat and climatic architecture"