EP tender: range extender EV

Cars, buses, bicycles, electric airplanes: all electric transportation that exist. Conversion, engines and electric drives for transport ...
Remundo

by Remundo » 02/08/13, 17:05

indeed, at one time, I had considered a generator-trailer for CATHI ...

But when I leaned under the rear floor, I gave up ... There is no serious anchor to put a hitch, thin sheets, plastocs Nicad battery packs nearby ...

everything has been done to prevent these PSA vehicles from towing any scooter ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/08/13, 08:59

macro said:

I would say to you that even in extra urban it does it very well provided you are not in a hurry ...

It is a question of use: try a little to do a job as a repair technician / installer with the autonomy of an electric vehicle: it is far too low!
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 04/08/13, 14:12

elephant wrote:macro said:

I would say to you that even in extra urban it does it very well provided you are not in a hurry ...

It is a question of use: try a little to do a job as a repair technician / installer with the autonomy of an electric vehicle: it is far too low!

For the moment, no utility electric vehicle is suitable for driving more than 100km / day if it does not find a fast charging station on its route ... An acquaintance makes regular refueling of his C0 in 8mn at ikéa in Tours (well not quite it stops at 80% I think) it's done in the possible 180km daily ... Without being able to recharge at my workplace I manage to do 120km over 12 hours with my saxophone ... But let's hope it’s a story of short term lead times..A tesla roadster manages to do 300km with a full tank ... why not a berlingo or a scudo ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/08/13, 17:39

Encouraging examples, but impossible in the described situation, of someone going from town to town, always late, parked more than 100 meters from the client, etc.

In summer, I drive more than 950 km with 60 liters of diesel : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Remundo

by Remundo » 04/08/13, 21:15

Macro wrote:
elephant wrote:For the moment, no electric utility vehicle is suitable for driving more than 100km / day if it does not find a fast charging station on its route ...

Sorry to contradict you, Macro, but the Berlingomoreen CATHI has a range of 120 km

I wonder if the Kangoo ZE can not also do it ...

@+
0 x
Remundo

Re: EP tender: range extender for VE

by Remundo » 03/06/18, 12:20

For this beginning of June, the Sycamore news are interested in:

* latest development of the EP-Tender

* and to a hearing by Jean Marc JANCOVICI at the National Assembly

Image, on energy and climate issues in 2013, but very topical!

Good (re) discovery (s)!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 03/06/18, 19:29

should we put a trailer behind the electric car already too heavy which have too little autonomy?

I prefer a light thermal car and an electric trailer which carries the batteries on the short distance allowed by the battery ... when we exceed the electric range, we park the trailer and we continue with the engine without dragging the dead weight of drums

an electric powered trailer would allow all small light thermal cars to be used as an electric car

an ordinary thermal car is not strong enough to support the weight of the batteries ... it is not absurd to put the batteries and the electric motor in a trailer ... it remains only to develop the right driving means to control the power of the trailer from the car, properly supply the accessories of the car, especially brake and steering not so accessory as that
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 03/06/18, 21:11

REX in tow is a good solution for me because it meets the 20% of use cases that the VE can not solve.
so a REX trailer rental service would make 100% of the car's use cases, but with a VE + REX when needed.
1 x
Click my signature
Remundo

by Remundo » 03/06/18, 23:20

chatelot16 wrote:should we put a trailer behind the electric car already too heavy which have too little autonomy?

Currently, a 20 kWh pack makes it easy to cross 100 km for around 150 kg. Even a small car can easily carry this load. 100 km by organizing recharges gives a radius of action covering 95% of journeys.

The EV pb is the purchase (or minima the rental) of a second car for long journeys (2 km in 500 day for example); renting such a machine is relevant. it avoids the second car (no insurance, less garage, less gray energy immobilized), it consumes less EV because it is lighter on a daily basis. it pools the batteries (therefore less gray energy immobilized too).

Or you have to play the Teslaists with acute Lithiumite: they never have a trailer because they permanently carry 500 kg of batteries which only serve 5% of the time on a huge chassis ... all for 80 k €. : roll:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 03/06/18, 23:26

Remundo wrote:and a hearing by Jean Marc JANCOVICI at the National Assembly
Image, on energy and climate issues in 2013, but very topical!
Good (re) discovery (s)!
Yes, he always had a very lucid speech and not always well appreciated here.

The problem is that he talks about 0 growth to MPs who absolutely cannot understand that, since it is not in their genes.
The whole political system will have to change for change to take the right direction. It's such a huge turnaround that we can worry about the rest.
I'm not doing well and it's irrelevant, but I understand myself. :?
1 x

Back to "Electric transport: cars, bicycles, public transport, planes ..."