The muscular power (in Watts) of the man

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Did67

Re: The power (watt) of the man

by Did67 » 02/05/18, 14:08

Ben me, I need 3 Robert for 3 toast, 1 to churn the butter, 25 to deliver it from Normandy by taking turns, half a dozen I think to grind the flour, and probably 2 dozens to heat the oven to bake the bread ... I did not count the one who forges the knife, the one who extracted the iron ore, those who transported it, those who melted it ...
1 x
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 02/05/18, 14:34

Excellent demonstration by the sandwich! Image
it gives a better idea of ​​the energy needed for the most basic acts of our daily life.

However, it ignores the motivational aspect of the effort: we say that motivation is the main driver of our actions, and the fact that Robert pedals to roast a sandwich was probably more effective than if he had to pedal to do the cleaning!
In short, everything remains relative, as Albert said ...
1 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 02/05/18, 20:16

Everything around us works thanks to abundant and cheap energy. We'll see what happens * when oil prices rise (in two years) ... : roll:

* This will not call into question the abundance and price of oil, it will only profoundly affect an economy that is stagnant and even downright recessive if one takes into account the financing of activities by borrowing.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 21/05/18, 22:06

After the demonstration of Robert with his bike and his toaster, here is that of CM2 students and a bike equipped with a big dynamo. While the quadriceps of young students have nothing to do with those of Robert, but the experience is interesting to give an idea of ​​the energy needed in everyday life:

1 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"