Pool Solar Panel

Solar thermal energy in all its forms: solar heating, hot water, choosing a solar collector, solar concentration, ovens and solar cookers, solar energy storage by heat buffer, solar pool, air conditioning and solar cold ..
Aid, counseling, fixtures and examples of achievements ...
Christobale33
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pool Solar Panel

by Christobale33 » 10/05/18, 20:24

Hello everybody
I decided to create my own solar panels to heat the pool water (4 85m panels) with D25 spiral black hoses.
I installed them instead of the pool robot system, so I have an independent pump.
I tested and it heats well, except that when I stop the panel circuit pump, the main pump that filters the system draws a little water from my panel circuit.
I also want to put a temperature controller that will trigger when the water is hot, but I'm afraid it does not work because there is no water to the probe.
Do you have a hint ???
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: SOLAR PANEL SWIMMING POOL

by Forhorse » 10/05/18, 22:30

It's not very clear, you could not make us a diagram of the installation?
0 x
Christobale33
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Christobale33 » 11/05/18, 08:06

Hello,
Yes sorry, with a diagram it will be more convenient.
schema-filtration-piscine.jpg
schema-filtration-piscine.jpg (70.76 KIO) Accessed 12238 times

Cdt
1 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 12/05/18, 10:49

the main pump that filters the system draws a little water from my panel circuit.

She sucks in what way? how did you realize it?
Because there, since obviously the pump for the panels sucks the water at the discharge of the filter pump (by the way it's weird like mounting) I do not see how the pump of the filter to suck the water from the panels ...
There is a clear step. Either your schema does not correspond to reality, or you did not tell us everything, or your findings are false.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/05/18, 11:33

So, my advice in seeing your diagram, here's what you should do:

a) You do not need an 2ieme motor, the main pump is sufficient.

b) You can adjust the flow that passes through the panels by 2 valves manually:
- one in place of your "engine 2"
- the other on the backflow to the pool

c) Ideally, between the red and blue circuit, place a controlled motorized 3 channel valve on the temperature of the swimming pool and the sunshine which will avoid overheating ... and the cooling in the panels when there is no sun and that the pump turns

d) As you are in relatively low temperature (towards 30 ° C), I advise you to put your solar panels in parallel rather than in series. It depends of course on the size of each panel (4 panels in series = 1 big panel) but the solar panels performance is better at low temperature!

So better the entrance of each panel is as cold as possible! As it is a home edit, you can try the 2 solutions and see which one will work best (I already know the answer ...).

In addition, in //, it will reduce the pressure losses, so more flow in the solar panels.

e) Your installation currently sends dirty water in the panels: it is not good, it is necessary that you send water after filtration, to see a)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/05/18, 11:42

Forhorse wrote:I do not see how the filter pump to suck the water from the panels ...
There is a clear step. Either your schema does not correspond to reality, or you did not tell us everything, or your findings are false.

If it is possible by venturi effect ... but as there is no venturi cone, the suction will be rather weak ...
0 x
Christobale33
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Pool Solar Panel

by Christobale33 » 12/05/18, 14:11

Hello Christopher,

Thank you for the info.
In fact, I just installed a check valve before the suction of the engine 2, suddenly filtering the engine 1 no longer sucks my water from the heating circuit.

Actually the circuit is in series because the pump is powerful enough.
But I keep under your elbow your info for the circuit in parallel.

On the other hand why do you tell me that I return dirty water, knowing that I connected it after filtration?

Next step: temperature probe that will trigger the 2 engine when the circuit is at proper temperature.

Ps: here is the picture of the panels: 2 x with plexiglass and 2 x without to test the difference ....
And the photo of my filtration system

20180512_135935 [1] .jpg

20180511_173610 [1] .jpg
0 x
lilian07
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by lilian07 » 13/05/18, 08:58

Hello,
Very nice work, the paralleling of the device is essential. In this concept where overheating can be fatal, I prefer the low inertia concrete sensor, more durable and less problematic.
The black coil is reduced in length (20 m only per m²), less loss of load, then we just pour a thin layer (3 4 cm) of concrete that is painted black and covered with a polycarbonate. It engages nevertheless an inertia of 1h but this inertia is never lost it will be discharged at the end of the day or during the cloudy periods.
This type of sensor can last 20 years but big weak point, it weighs around 150 kg / m², it must be put on the ground.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 13/05/18, 11:57

Christobale33 wrote:On the other hand why do you tell me that I return dirty water, knowing that I connected it after filtration?

This can be the case when the main filtration pump is not running and the 2 motor is running (suction through the discharge nozzles). I do not know if your scheduling settings allow this case but hydraulically it is possible ...

Christobale33 wrote:Next step: temperature probe that will trigger the 2 engine when the circuit is at proper temperature.

A swimming pool regulates the temperature of the water (for example put a probe at the exit of the sand filter) and, in your case, with a differential solar collector.

In fact you would need 2 regulation in series:
- tank temperature (priority) if tank temperature lower than setpoint then the differential control is active
- Differential regulation between pool temperature and solar panel output (to avoid running water at night or when it rains, which would cool the pool ...)

I still do not understand the utility of the 2 engine: it should have flow through the panels, even low, when the main pump turns no?

Finally, as your panels are covered and if you want to gain a little more power, do not put the contiguous turns, spread them a few cm (3 to 4cm ... 1 times the diameter of the pipes), obviously on a black ground ... with this method you could cover the 2 roof panels and almost double your solar power ... No industrial solar collector has joined pipes ... even those made for swimming pools:

EPDM..jpg
EPDM..jpg (137.84 Kio) Accessed 12145 times

Ok this is a big job for you ... but ...
0 x
Christobale33
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Christobale33 » 14/05/18, 11:02

I connected to the 2 engine, which allows me to independently manage the system and it made my installation easier.

The 2 engine will only work if the 1 filtration engine is running (there is a timer for the 2) and yes it is sending water under pressure.

On the other hand every time I start the engine 2, there is a little air coming out and I can not understand why?

And I will listen to your advice, I will add a filter to the circuit, just to ensure cleanliness.

On the other hand I hesitate for the circuit in parallel, because the installation in series allows to have a homogeneous heat not?
0 x