THE FOUNDATIONS OF A GOOD CULTURE OF PLANTS

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Carl
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: THE FOUNDATIONS OF A GOOD CULTURE OF PLANTS

by Carl » 17/03/18, 22:17

The evolution of world production and consumption will depend mainly on the perception of Asian and African people.
We will be only a small part of the world population who gave the wrong example ....

We have made meat consumption an outward sign of evolution and wealth unfortunately. Even for cultures that were far apart, even because of their religion (India).
1 x
Adept of laziness and sensitive to the quality of what my family consumes, I wish to make a vegetable garden of the lazy!
Did67

Re: THE FOUNDATIONS OF A GOOD CULTURE OF PLANTS

by Did67 » 18/03/18, 11:03

Ahmed wrote: In the phenoculture, an important post is mechanized externally, it is the harvesting and the transport of the hay.

That's why I wrote "reduce" and not delete.

If you have plowed or milled and refueled your machinery, you have, like me, observed that the energy to "work the earth" is very clearly greater than that required to make the hay and transport it (if you stay on reasonable patterns of local hay production, of course). Added to this is the fact that tillage is repeated (plowing, hoeing, weeding, milling ...) while haymaking is once.

This is also why I am looking for schemes where increasing parts of biomass are produced on site, which would also allow me to reduce the consumption of hay per unit of "market garden bed".
2 x