Towards the end of hypermarkets? Amazon Go Scans

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Towards the end of hypermarkets? Analysis on Amazon Go

by chatelot16 » 24/01/18, 13:55

auto scan ... it's scan purchase at leclerc ... I used it to try ... you have to scan everything you put in the cart and go to a special checkout where the passage is over fast except the days when their system requires a "proofreading", so you have to empty your whole cart like a normal checkout ... and it's a mess ... with a normal checkout I put on the carpet in order or I want to load then, and it is not wasted time since it is done while waiting for the previous customer to come by ... when the purchase scan system requests proofreading, it is a waste of time

conclusion I no longer use the purchase scan, and I am not the only one because at the beginning there were 2 reserved scan purchase boxes, now there is only one and as it is often empty it also accepts ordinary customers!
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 24/01/18, 18:05

Carrefour confirms the elimination of 2400 positions.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/societes/2018/01/22/20005-20180122ARTFIG00371-carrefour-investit-28-milliards-dans-le-digital-et-supprime-2400-postes.php

In order to finance them, Carrefour will not escape severe savings measures, with their social consequences. "In Ile-de-France, the [twelve] headquarters sites will be rationalized, which implies the closure of the Boulogne corporate headquarters and the abandonment of the project to build a new 30 m² headquarters in Essonne," explains the sign. "A departure plan strictly based on voluntary work will be proposed". As we had announced, the group thus planned the abolition of 000 positions "at the headquarters in France, out of a total workforce of 2400 employees". "There will be no forced departure," insisted Alexandre Bompard, indicating that this plan will begin next summer.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/02/18, 22:06

Facial Recognition for customers and barcode for products is enough to automate and secure payment ...
Of course, the legal obstacle remains to be removed: we are not in China ...

PS: I'm no longer able to insert a video directly, where did this damn icon go? ... : Oops: A little help, please ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 15/02/18, 11:40

Ahmed wrote:Facial Recognition for customers and barcode for products is enough to automate and secure payment ...
Yes ... if all the customers are honest, of course (if we make sure that the bar code is not read ...).

And then we will have to learn to distinguish the real twins (Iphone X can't do it).
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 15/02/18, 21:59

Facial recognition is only a possibility that shows the diversity of technical solutions, probably not the one that will be chosen ...
The barcode can go from the visual sign, compatible with current usage, to the magnetic sign more suitable for automatic recognition.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/03/21, 13:29

Amazon and the Dark Stores (I discover the term and practice with you): https://www.lemonde.fr/economie/article ... _3234.html

In the heart of Paris, a few tens of meters underground, a Monoprix. But in this store, there are no customers… Or rather, only one: Amazon. Who comes here to meet the food shopping needs of its Internet users who want to be delivered as much as possible within two hours of their purchase.

(...)

This Monoprix opened in March 2019 in the 13th arrondissement of Paris. Like him, his neighbors - a bookseller, an oriental grocery store, an Italian wine merchant - receive regular visits from trucks and vans which make deliveries.

But it has no facade or window, and it is accessed by a long, narrow cement staircase. And for good reason. It is located a few tens of meters underground, under the Olympiades slab, the scene of many night traffic. A city under the city, installed in the old Gobelins station. There, out of sight, around thirty companies coexist, including this top-secret store, where even photos are prohibited.

0 x