The German auto industry has been breathing exhaust fumes at monkeys

General scientific debates. Presentations of new technologies (not directly related to renewable energies or biofuels or other themes developed in other sub-sectors) forums).
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: German auto industry made monkeys breathe exhaust

by Janic » 30/01/18, 19:59

Personally, I find it quite repulsive ...
it would be disgusting if it was done without the permission of the family. but some donate their bodies to science and whether it likes it or not, it is a science that is supposed to better understand the effects of accidents on "meat" to reduce the effects of accidents
It is no worse than taking samples from corpses, still hot, for transplants (which the law has made compulsory unless stated refusal.) And the rest will end up in the trash ... it's disgusting!
and that?
http://www.genethique.org/fr/content/7833#.WnC_yPnibIU
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 01/02/18, 18:10

the worst is that the result of these guinea pigs was that the new diesel was worse than the old

which confirms what my pifometre tells me: the big black smoke of old diesel is not the worst ... modern diesel cuts particles in 4, and instead of making big steps that are too dangerous make them smaller much more vicious

there are already millions of people subjected to pollution against their will, submitting a few animals to make tests more quickly significant does not shock me more than that ... any more than killing farm animals to eat them

what shocks me the most is to only publish the results if they are favorable! to hide the results when it shows that the new engines are bad and that we are going to sell them anyway by making them pass for better, just because the measurements are better measured according to eccentric standards
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 03/02/18, 08:36

what shocks me the most is to only publish the results if they are favorable! to hide the results when it shows that the new engines are bad and that we are going to sell them anyway by making them pass for better, just because the measurements are better measured according to eccentric standards
this phenomenon is universal! No industry highlights the faults of its products. What credit would a washing machine manufacturer have to indicate its planned obsolescence, the inferior quality of its constituents and its irreparability?
I fight to assert that this phenomenon is typical for the pharmaceutical industry which does the same thing, which shamelessly lies to preserve its turnover and its profits, but which few want to hear. This is our current model of society and unfortunately we have to deal with it until its inevitable rupture! :?
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Leo Maximus
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Leo Maximus » 05/02/18, 16:23

chatelot16 wrote:the worst is that the result of these guinea pigs was that the new diesel was worse than the old

which confirms what my pifometre tells me: the big black smoke of old diesel is not the worst ... modern diesel cuts particles in 4, and instead of making big steps that are too dangerous make them smaller much more vicious

there are already millions of people subjected to pollution against their will, submitting a few animals to make tests more quickly significant does not shock me more than that ... any more than killing farm animals to eat them ...

Old diesel or modern diesel = same filth. That's why I stopped cycling on the advice of my doctor.

In 2016, an article in L'Usine Nouvelle revealed that Diesel nanoparticles crossed the placental barrier in rabbits:

https://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/l ... re.N421862
Similar observations have been made in epidemiological studies in humans."

NOx also impair brain development in children.
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 05/02/18, 17:20

In 2016, an article in L'Usine Nouvelle revealed that Diesel nanoparticles crossed the placental barrier in rabbits:
https://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/l ...re.N421862
Similar observations have been made in epidemiological studies in humans. "
NOx also impair brain development in children.
rabbits, monkeys, humans and especially children in strollers breathing, near their noses, gasoline and diesel exhaust gases combined. But strangely, we are worried about the nanoparticles of exhaust gases, but also other nanoparticles like aluminum are found in vaccines injected into babies [*], not filtered by the usual immune systems, and which go up to the brain with effects similar to exhaust gases and this seems to move only a few people. (Gherardi's work on nono aluminum particles) when the English doctor Wakefield and his team had suspected him of being the cause of autism.
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exp%C3%A9 ... cale_nazie
we still believe it!
[*] even more need to cross a barrier since directly introduced into the blood. A genocide much greater than exhaust gas since legally no child can escape it.
0 x

Back to "Science and Technology"