Buy online: Cdiscount, Attention!

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Buy online: Cdiscount, Attention!

by Forhorse » 28/12/17, 14:55

Hello everybody

I don't know if I'm in the right section of the forum, or if you are not already aware, but I wanted to warn you so that you pay attention to certain online shopping sites, and not necessarily the small ones ...

This fall I decided to make a solarium for my horses. So I needed sockets for the lamps of this device.
After a little research, I find the article I need on the very famous Cd site ..... nt (I censor but you will have recognized it)
So I order the 15 porcelain sockets I need for an amount of € 25 including delivery.
Note that this is an article "Sold and shipped by Cd ..... nt" and not by one of its partners which would be more or less doubtful.
4 days later I go to my package relay to collect the items. Immediately the saleswoman of the shop who gives me the package points out to me a strange noise in the package.
As a first remark, the cardboard box of the package is enormous in view of the volume occupied by the 15 sockets. Seeing as the items wander inside, there is obviously no padding to wedge them.
The cardboard is externally in good condition, it does not bear any trace of shock or abnormal compression, the carrier has therefore been rather careful (despite the absence of any mention indicating the fragility of the content)
I open the package, and as I expected, I discover porcelain. Of the 15 sockets, 6 are completely broken, and the 9 others, although potentially still usable, are seriously damaged.

Finding # 1 The order pickers at Cd ..... nt are big assholes and / or the clown who developed the protocol / program / algorithm (strike out the unnecessary mention) for order preparation has no more IQ than 'an oyster.
An 8-year-old kid knows that porcelain is fragile, and that if you put it loose in a box, it will inevitably crumble.

Either, so it's time to test the customer service Cd ..... nt (no suspense, it doesn't exist, but I didn't know it yet)
On their site, it is very difficult to find how to contact them, and apart from calling a premium rate number which certainly ends up on a telephone platform in the Maghreb (no racism misplaced, these people are there for nothing, they do their work that's all) we can only do that directly from the history of the order in question.

So I choose the second method, so it seems simpler to me. And indeed, it is not complicated, just click on a button, choose the reason for the return (I received this damaged item) choose between refund OR exchange and print the return label as the 'we then receive.
Already first hitch, nowhere is someone asking me to specify how many items I have returned !?
I ordered 15 copies of the same item, but maybe I only want to return 1 or 2? In my case I return the 15 ...
In fact if, it is possible to specify it, but it is by another means a little more difficult of access that I discovered later. I specify because it is important for the future ...

A few days later I receive reimbursement for ONE item plus shipping costs: 5 euros and dust (this is where the accuracy of the number of items is important) when I haven't even returned the items yet (thing that I would do 2 days later) even if the amount is not correct, it is rather good sign, here is a company which trusts these customers I say to myself ...
Except that I had not asked for a refund, but an exchange!

So I return the package exactly as I received it (accompanied by a sarcastic note that they realize their stupidity) and I wait a little for it to happen.
48 hours later, I decide to open a request for additional reimbursement because I tell myself that they will soon receive my package and that I would like to know where it is.
Because yes, once the return request is made, it is the only option you have to contact customer service outside of the premium rate number ... They must be used to mistaking the amount of refunds in order offer that this one contact option to their customers : roll:

4 hours later, I receive an answer (automatic, I would find out later) which tells me that they have not received my package but that to speed up the procedure I can send them a scan of the proof of deposit of the parcel.
By specifying well that if I do nothing within 10 days, the file will be considered closed ... nice!
I note then that it is impossible to answer this message, the exchanges are done in one direction. You never know, in case you are not satisfied with the response ...

I therefore scan the proof of deposit duly dated and stamped by the parcel relay merchant. I send it to CD ..... nt on the space provided for this purpose.
A yes that too is well done, we fear sending them attachments directly from the customer area ... But it is only if we have made a request for reimbursement, and we can not hope to attach a message with the document, the comment space being ridiculously limited in number of comments. I nevertheless specify in comment that I had requested the exchange and not the refund.

The next day I then receive a mind-blowing response. The proof of deposit that I have provided is not in conformity!
So that is strong, it is THEIR dated and stamped document as they request but it is not in conformity.
They have no evidence that I returned the 15 sockets so there is nothing they can do for me. How do I prove that I sent the 15 sockets?
Basically they call me a liar!
At first they reimburse me without even sending anything, and there that they have proof of package delivery they don't trust me.

Finding # 2 CD ..... nt takes its customers for liars.

48 hours later they finally receive my package and ... well NOTHING! They received my package and that's it. No OK good we will reimburse you for 15 sockets instead of one or we will re-send you the items ordered correctly, no no ... NOTHING!

7 days later, seeing that nothing was happening, I made a new request for additional reimbursement.
The file number is the same (the order number) and yet I receive EXACTLY the same answer as at the beginning: They did not receive my package, I must provide them with proof that I have sent the package.

Finding # 3 CD ..... nt takes its customers for cons
Corollary of finding N ° 3: Customer service is actually only software (robot) and nobody really answers you and follow your request.

I am waiting and of course nothing is happening ...

7 days later (it's been 2 weeks since they received my package, but no action on their side eh ...) I again make a request for additional reimbursement. I then receive a third time the same response asking me to provide proof of deposit.
As proof of deposit, I then provide them with a screen capture of my customer area on their site where the message is displayed indicating that they have received my package.

The next day, I receive a message telling me that they will credit my account for 15 euros ...
So already the 5 euros at the start plus 15 euros after a month of dialogue with the deaf, it's not 25 euros for my order! (it's only 5 euros, but good in principle ... knowing that there was not even 4 € of shipping costs)
In addition, I had not requested a refund, but an EXCHANGE of the items received damaged.
Too tired of claiming in a vacuum so I'll settle for that ...

Finding # 4 CD ..... nt takes its customers for cons!

Note that this is not my first disappointment on this site, I should have been wary at the first sign.
To prove that I am not basing myself on the impressions of a single experience, here is the summary of other disappointments.

I needed a new cordless drill. On Cd .... nt I find an interesting offer: A blue Bosch (professional) for the price of a green Bosh (amateur)
In my professional life, I often had Bosch Blue in my hands, what I received was anything but blue Bosch (no charge indicator built into the batteries for example) When I talked about it in comment to the product on the site, I got a response from customer service (while I was not expecting it ...) that they swore to me heart on hand that they do not sell counterfeits. If it is not a counterfeit, it is still a well-crafted product that has nothing to do with the professional range sold by Bosch from its official dealers ... which however suggested the description of the product sold.

For my wife's PC, I needed a computer screen with built-in speakers. On Cd ..... nt always, I therefore order a monitor of the brand X reference UVW. It is a low-end monitor but it does the job, given the use that is made of it, it is even quite good.
A year later, I decide to change the monitor on my own PC. Since we are satisfied with the UVW model from X, I therefore decide to order the same. I return to the Cd .... nt site and I find it without difficulty. Same reference, same description, a little cheaper still.
So I receive the product, and surprisingly, more built-in speakers ... that's what explained the price drop, yet the description had remained the same. it was not essential to me so I let it flow, but it was one more sign as to the lack of seriousness of this site.

I would like to point out once again that these two products were also "sold and shipped by Cd .... nt" and that we cannot therefore blame one of their "partner".
I have 15 orders with them, and that already makes 3 disappointments or 20% of problematic orders. I've been buying online for almost 20 years, and on no other site have I had such a low satisfaction rate. Personally I will therefore stop ordering from them.
Take the risk of receiving stolen or broken products to sometimes gain barely 5% compared to other much more serious sites it's not worth it.

conclusions

1- Never buy on Cd ..... nt!
2 - Never never buy on Cd ..... nt ...
3 - If you still buy on Cd ..... nt, do not buy anything fragile or valuable.
4 - If you want to buy on Cd .... nt, try Ama-zone, Ali-rapid, etc ... it won't be worse.
0 x
Christophe

Re: Online purchase: Cdiscount, Attention!

by Christophe » 28/12/17, 15:35

Houlala, the Forhorse is upset there ... blood like a thoroughbred :)

No censorship needed here! So I put Cdiscount in the title, you can quote the brands in your message :) how there is no defamation, no worries!

a) Attention as you have noticed, Cdiscount has become a marketplace, market place, like Amazon and many others and even Fnac ...
In short, you can buy on these sites from independent sellers who have "nothing" to do with these sites, neither physically nor administratively ... for the large customers of these marketplaces, these can manage their stock and their shipments (all benefit for the sites since the stock is financed by the independent ...) apparently it was your case (except if there was "fraud" on the info, this is easily verified with the stub of the package)

In short, you can now buy directly in China on Cdiscount ... the first "French" e-commerce site mouhahaha : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

The problem is that it is not very clear the distinction between the 2 types of sale ... and many people still think of buying at "Cdiscount" ...

b) If the package is damaged it is the carrier that must make a claim, not the seller (but it is certainly the seller to do so since it is he the client of the carrier ... if bad faith of the seller, you are blocked ...) ...

c) I had customer service from Cdiscout online last year (I managed to find an uncharged number in the internet cellar :D) these are people with strong Slavic accents who understood nothing of my worries, completely picking it up ... I dropped the case after 30 minutes : Cheesy:

d) Given the relatively low value of your package of sockets, a nice seller should have been satisfied with photos and not bother to make a costly re-shipment for you and take 100% responsibility for the damage, this is called a commercial gesture - that's what I did at the time of the eco-store ... and what some sites, even Chinese, are currently doing -

e) In short on the sockets, your damage is still low, even if I understand your frustration ... Your only solution is to rot in the comments ... or on forums as you do ... Amazon defends the customer much more than the seller, Cdiscount I don't know. Besides, some take advantage of it in the other direction, human nature is like that ... I was a seller on Amazon for a few months so I know ...

f) Do not dream, cheaper price on the internet, it's more risk (product not 100% compliant, breakage, more painful after-sales service ...) ... we can not have everything ... if?

ps: put us some pictures of the damage and the parcel if you want?
0 x
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 28/12/17, 16:31

These are items sold directly by Cdiscount, the seller is always indicated in the description of the item.
There is even a filter to choose items sold only by them, or only by third-party sellers.
Besides, I also bought several times from Chinese sellers through the cdiscount site, and apart from a little long delay, I had no worries.
No photos, I closed the box as quickly as I opened it and it left as soon as I had the opportunity.
In any case, the transporter has nothing to do with it. Putting the responsibility on him would be dishonest. It is a blatant packaging defect.
it can happen ... we assume that the order preparers are under pressure and that an error or oversight quickly happened. As they say, there are only those who do nothing who do not make bullshit. If it is an oversight and not something deliberate (like no wedging product in packages to reduce costs ...) But since it is not the first time that I receive something thrown in bulk like that in a box (fortunately not fragile or already properly protected by the manufacturer's packaging) I would rather tend to believe that it is deliberate.
By cons amateurism and the foutage mouth of pseudo customer service that is not tolerable.

And given the number of responses that we find when your type "cdiscount scam" on google or youtube, I think this site should quickly review its customer policy otherwise they will not last long (and it would be well done)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/12/17, 20:26

Forhorse wrote:And given the number of responses that we find when your type "cdiscount scam" on google or youtube, I think this site should quickly review its customer policy otherwise they will not last long (and it would be well done)

Well, I think it is a waste of time to attack Cdiscount: the money is stronger than anything (I hear the buyers' money).

For the story, in 2004 I had already had a dispute with them ... (a little thing at 15-20 € never received ...) ... since they have not stopped growing ... and to win customers ...
0 x