Auxiliary cats of organic farming

Agriculture and soil. Pollution control, soil remediation, humus and new agricultural techniques.
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Auxiliary cats of organic farming

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 01/12/17, 10:48

Promised sworn juror it's not me who wrote the article Image

And to be honest, I did not think that our experiences described here in several subjects would find an "industrializing" echo ....

This market gardener saved his exploitation in organic farming thanks to ... cats!

https://dailygeekshow.com/chats-maraicher-nuisibles/

http://www.lefigaro.fr/conso/2017/11/27 ... er-bio.php

http://www.lunion.fr/57985/article/2017 ... ns-l-aisne

https://www.franceinter.fr/emissions/l- ... embre-2017

https://positivr.fr/maraicher-bio-chat-rongeur/

https://www.demotivateur.fr/article/pou ... hats-11929
0 x
Did67

Re: Auxiliary cats from organic farming

by Did67 » 01/12/17, 11:21

The "rodents", without precision, no problem, I want to believe ...

I have some stray cats in the area (I think they are abandoned cats in the neighborhood, a neighbor who had them and who is not there often, I think that has made the nests become wild again. ..), which I sometimes see furtively: no significant impact on my population of mole rats. Quite exactly, I should say that it does not prevent that I sometimes have considerable damage. Maybe without these cats, I'll have more?

Note, "organic" does not mean without tillage, on the contrary sometimes. The soils are sometimes worked much more than conventional. For mole rats, regular tillage is a deterrent; he regularly destroys their galleries, from which they rarely leave ...

[PS: Incredible buzz that it does immediately! What to wonder about the media system that is supposed to inform us ...]
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 01/12/17, 11:32

Did67 wrote:[PS: Incredible buzz that it does immediately! What to wonder about the media system that is supposed to inform us ...]
On the Internet, the word chat is magic, it guarantees a maximum audience regardless of the subject addressed : Mrgreen:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 01/12/17, 11:38

Did67 wrote:[PS: Incredible buzz that it does immediately! What to wonder about the media system that is supposed to inform us ...]

Image now it is no longer the info that counts but the number of clicks, the limit draws eye catching and 3 lines become the basis: the bottom line is that, out of curiosity, you clicked ....

To return to the bottom.

It's not enough to have wild cats hanging around in the corner.

The wild cat like any other savage is a slacker, he goes where he can eat while tiring as little as possible ...

In this case if he finds food easier a few miles he will go there and abandon your field full of rodents that he will have to hunt while having to worry about your presence in the area.

I worked for an asso for years taking care of wild cats.

He settles easily by living all in the same cabins ... in the middle of the woods provided that the bowl is filled more or less regularly.

The wild cat, although very shy, also loves comfort, which is why if you make him a cabin furnished with old blankets, hay, broken chairs ... perches, a little like a henhouse he will come willingly.

If in addition you supply it in moderation so that it needs to hunt to complete its diet then it will remain on your plot and will not go or more at the granny who supplies it from time to time a little further.

So do a cat house in a corner of your garden and in my opinion you will have cheap labor, which you will not be attached to especially and that will let you go on vacation at your leisure ...
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 01/12/17, 11:40

Gaston wrote:
On the Internet, the word chat is magic, it guarantees a maximum audience regardless of the subject addressed : Mrgreen:

Image which does not prevent the substance of the subject from being positive Image
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 01/12/17, 12:51

nico239 wrote:Image now it is no longer the info that counts but the number of clicks, the limit draws eye catching and 3 lines become the basis: the bottom line is that, out of curiosity, you clicked ....

To return to the bottom.

The wild cat like any other savage is a slacker, he goes where he can eat while tiring as little as possible ...

In this case if he finds food easier a few miles he will go there and abandon your field full of rodents that he will have to hunt while having to worry about your presence in the area.

He settles easily by living all in the same cabins ... in the middle of the woods provided that the bowl is filled more or less regularly.

The wild cat, although very shy, also loves comfort, which is why if you make him a cabin furnished with old blankets, hay, broken chairs ... perches, a little like a henhouse he will come willingly.

If in addition you supply it in moderation so that it needs to hunt to complete its diet then it will remain on your plot and will not go or more at the granny who supplies it from time to time a little further.

So do a cat house in a corner of your garden and in my opinion you will have cheap labor, which you will not be attached to especially and that will let you go on vacation at your leisure ...

I think those are going wild again! I do not feed them. And I do not think they're fed in the neighborhood. Even if indeed, when I see them furtively, they go around the house, sometimes!
0 x
Lolounette
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Lolounette » 01/12/17, 13:42

The Natural History Museum and The LPO are conducting research on the impact of the domestic cat on biodiversity, I invite interested cat owners to register for this participatory survey here : Wink:

this study follows another one which took place 25 years ago in England and whose results on the bird population were quite alarming (see here for those who speak English)

Mice, voles, shrews, lizards and other birds are big consumers of insects, so they are also useful to the gardener. The English study was particularly alarmed by the explosion of the feline population and invited cat owners to equip them with a bell ...

I love cats and far from me the desire to create a controversy: I wait for the results of the study to know exactly what it returns, so do not hesitate to register ...

Regarding the mole rats their biggest natural predator is the fox which is alas exterminated everywhere because classified as harmful : Evil: In the Puy-de-Dôme, for example, a campaign to exterminate the taupier rat is under way at great expense, and at the same time the beaten foxes continue. Relentless logic!
1 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 01/12/17, 15:21

Lolounette wrote:Regarding the mole rats their biggest natural predator is the fox which is alas exterminated everywhere because classified as harmful : Evil: In the Puy-de-Dôme, for example, a campaign to exterminate the taupier rat is under way at great expense, and at the same time the beaten foxes continue. Relentless logic!
The fox is also one of the main predators of the cat ... nothing is simple : roll:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/12/17, 15:24

It is for this reason that Belgium (or that Wallonia I do not know?) Has ALL FALSE by obliging the systematic sterilization of all cats ...

There are days I wonder in which world live the policies ... : Shock:
0 x
Adrien (ex-nico239)
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Adrien (ex-nico239) » 01/12/17, 18:48

Did67 wrote:
nico239 wrote:Image now it is no longer the info that counts but the number of clicks, the limit draws eye catching and 3 lines become the basis: the bottom line is that, out of curiosity, you clicked ....

To return to the bottom.

I think those are going wild again! I do not feed them. And I do not think they're fed in the neighborhood. Even if indeed, when I see them furtively, they go around the house, sometimes!

The idea is that they work "for you" ... Image

Hence the small organization proposed ...
0 x