Heating resistance and descaling electric water heater?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
AXEAU
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by AXEAU » 03/02/11, 21:48

Hello,

Magnetic field treatment systems are not very effective against deposits if the draft is weak because they only act locally. Water must come out of the pipes fairly quickly before the effect of magnetism disappears. The most efficient is a cartridge system from its network.
By looking for "galvanic torque table" on the net you will find what are the compatibilities between metals and therefore those that we want to sacrifice.

jlg
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/02/11, 02:57

The activated carbon widely used by chemists is very active, even too much !!
It is even useful in agriculture, terra preta on google.

It removes a lot of molecules by adsorption on a very large surface of organic and inorganic molecules, it removes chlorine, pesticides, herbicides, etitrazine, often present in the Paris region, etc. and the calcium ions must precipitate there , especially if they are already in excess ready to rush !!

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charbon_activ%C3%A9
0 x
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 04/02/11, 08:58

today I use this for my washing machine, it works very well and it says "food grade" on the packaging and I don't think they take any risks with it ...
this is why I plan to equip my cold water inlet with the electric water heater and finally to purify a little the tartar present in the water heater, kitchen and bathroom

http://www.leroymerlin.fr/mpng2-front/p ... erall=on#8

It remains to study activated carbon ...
0 x
spitz75016
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by spitz75016 » 14/02/11, 10:13

For everything related to tartar kje recommends the excellent article below (With illustrations)

http://www.chauffe-eau.fr/fr/page.htm?_ref=43

http://www.chauffe-eau.fr
0 x
Stephane
bricophilo
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: scale water heater

by bricophilo » 06/08/17, 16:18

Alain G wrote:Stéphane

1400 euros for a simple electric water heater it seems far too expensive for the remote programmable function!

NO?

"A scaled resistor does not consume more electricity because the amperage decreases with the temperature which rises due to the insulation by the scale.

Only the heating time will increase!

Do your own reading on consumption and you'll see! "

Hello,
Well, this is not what I observed: In 7 years, in the Paris region (very hard water), I have run a CE of 300 liters with forced operation for ten users. I installed an hour meter on the resistance, and indeed, the average operating time has doubled! After 7 years, I removed ten kilos of tartar from the tank ... the heating element and the probe were completely caught in a gangue of tartar. But the problem is here: I also installed a wattmeter and the resistance consumed roughly the same power: 3kW, that indicated by the manufacturer. In short, the resistance works longer, the power is the same, and in the end the users complain (the water is less hot, be careful not to be the last to take a shower ....) yes but then, where goes energy (which is as everyone knows, what can be kept ....)? Thanks if you have any ideas for an answer, I haven't really.

Have a good day
Phil.

Here in Canada our water heaters have 2 elements one at the top and one at the bottom, if the tank is completely consumed the element of the top heats up first to allow hot water to be obtained more quickly and then that of the bottom takes over to heat the rest of the tank. The inside of the tank is plasticized to avoid corrosion, the bottom element is not completely in the bottom of the tank to prevent it from soaking in the accumulation of scale and a drainage valve allows these deposits to be purged .

All for only $ 350 Cnd for a 272 liters capacity available in 3000 watts or 4500 watts.
0 x