Avis ETAI RTA the scam of e-RTA (Digital Automotive Technical Review)

And if they were repairing rather than throwing and change? Rediscover the pleasure of the repairs yourself. How to diagnose a problem or find spare parts? Repair itself is way to save money generally!
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Notice ETAI RTA the scam of e-RTA (Digital Automotive Technical Review)

by chatelot16 » 08/05/17, 19:12

we should separate this subject into 2

the first subject is the scam! sell an electronic version where the images are missing!

the 2nd subject is the recent criticism of the rta whose quality decreases in my opinion, but which does not have any importance for the main subject

it would be necessary to separate the 2nd subject to return entirely to the first

if they sold a readable PDF RTA, everyone could copy and distribute them, and they would no longer sell them ... so they invent a means of copy protection ... and if the anti copy system has bug is the principle it is better to condemn an ​​innocent than to miss a culprit ... well known in IT: it is better that the anti pirate protection system prevents the normal use of the one who paid than to leave a possibility of pirating
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 08/05/17, 23:22

chatelot16 wrote:the second subject is the criticism of recent rta whose quality is declining in my opinion

Certainly, but the automakers also have a lot to do with it.
A few years ago, the car models came out with 2 models of fuel, injection pump, alternator, brake caliper etc ... (history of reliability of supplies).
Now we can find 8 alternator models on a recent car .... This kills the RTA (unmanageable) .... and the second hand market.
This is what a cracker explained to me (not that of the demonstrations : Mrgreen: ) it is a desire of manufacturers to suppress the second-hand market (The breaker cannot store 8 models of alternator / car) .... to encourage their concession and the purchase of new (new spare parts or vehicle).
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 09/05/17, 08:55

I agree that the problem comes from car manufacturers: more and more complicated ... the RTA which is an independent editor cannot follow!

and that’s why we should make a law to oblige manufacturers to provide good documentation to customers
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 09/05/17, 11:22

nothing will be worth this delicious mixture of humor and technical precision of the works of John Muir on "how to keep your Volkswagen alive"
I enjoy myself every time I open it.
Unfortunately, this only exists for ladybugs and derivatives: T1, T2, T3 aircooled.

Muir-Volkswagen-2.jpg

Muir-Volkswagen-3.jpg

How to keep VW alive.png
1 x
Click my signature
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 20/06/17, 11:56

When I see such things ... It makes my hair stand on end ... I have in my garage a pile of old RTAs of popular cars from the 60s to 80s ... That I recovered in a garage after bankruptcy. ..I even have some models with the body part ...

When I think that on the daihatsu website I bought the full workshop manual for my 4x4 in English for zero euros ...

Christophe ... Make a complaint and cancel your visa payment ... It is too late for the withdrawal periods ... take a good look at their T & Cs ... There must be some way of doing something ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...