Political series: power, corruption, realism ...

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

Political series: power, corruption, realism ...

by Christophe » 30/10/12, 15:10

Interesting article on "political" series (in the broad sense): http://www.telerama.fr/series-tv/quand- ... ,87782.php

WHEN SERIES GET POWER

Conquering it, exercising it, making fun of it, being wary of it ... For twenty years, power has inspired series creators. With a serious advance for the Anglo-Saxons. Overview of the sphere of influence as the ultra vacharde Veep starts in France on November 6.

I personally do not know many series cited in this "comparison" ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 30/10/12, 15:21

I think it lacks all the same the excellent police series of C + which is "Engrenages" even if it is more a series on justice and the police (and especially the link between the 2) some cases are clearly "political "with corruption attempts that we can guess ... A must see!

See: http://www.allocine.fr/series/ficheseri ... e=538.html
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 31/10/12, 19:48

From memory there was the series "Commander in chief" with Geena Davis in the role of the first woman President of the USA.

The sulfurous series "24 hours chrono"with Kiefer Sutherland also deals quite a bit with manipulations within the American command apparatus.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Christophe

Re: Political series: power, corruption, realism ...

by Christophe » 09/08/16, 13:31

Level political series, I currently advise the famous (and quite complicated ...) "House Of Cards" and ... "Vikings" (yes yes it is medieval politics in short ... only the means change .. .the end remains the same).

The latter is very well done and has been the subject of numerous historical researches: for example, some scenes are in Old Norse, Old English and Old French (which in its consonance strongly reminds Quebecers ...) ... The one that I understand best it is still old English ^^

Obviously there is a lot of violence in it ... the worst scene is that of the blood eagle (real practice, but fortunately rare for Vikings ... after information)
0 x