Vaulted cellar insulation in soft stones

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
dax113
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Vaulted cellar insulation in soft stones

by dax113 » 25/05/16, 08:43

No, Obamot, I am not against changing my conception of things, think again. But you have to take into account all the factors before embarking on such a project. What is a good solution for one person / house is not necessarily good for another.

I had started to explore the idea of ​​a mass stove (see if the house can support such a weight!) But several points made me question whether it was the right solution:
- the insulation of the house (my thermal bridges and the stone walls. The house had been encircled and rebuilt from the inside, insulation - without details of the type and thickness - placed between the two, but there are more than 30 years - insulating material from the late 70s is not top and not eternal); you can see it with the wood stove and the godin: as soon as the intensity of the outbreak decreases, thermal comfort also decreases. And I have to be there and attentive to recharge the stove every two hours. Not always the case.
- the description you need of open spaces - the staircase that goes up to 1 ° is also in stone from XV ° and the central wall of the house (obviously built in two stages at the time) load-bearing and in stones ( visible on the ground floor).
- the need to be there and able to handle a large quantity of wood twice a day; I work, am regularly on the move, and physically already bringing back the wood that I need every day when I am there from the stake is not an easy task. Ultimately, I know that I will no longer be able to.

Threads on forums such as http://forums.futura-sciences.com/habit ... masse.html ou http://www.systemed.fr/forum-bricolage/ ... 30721.html articles like this or articles like http://conseils-thermiques.org/contenu/poele-masse.php make me think well.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 25/05/16, 09:37

Hello,
dax113 wrote:insulating material from the late 70s is not top and not eternal)

Should be checked before doing anything.
At worst make a cut in a hidden place, disassemble a molding, a plinth, a tile ...

In my current house bought too expensive in 2004, this was the case, announced as isolated: 2 cm of expanded polystyrene behind the plasterboard and 7 cm of glass wool in poor condition under the roof. Upstairs bedroom with thin insulation : roll: . I did not want to pay the cost of an expertise. I regret it today, because there was a lot of wrong way.
0 x
dax113
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by dax113 » 25/05/16, 12:43

I sympathize with Izentrop. This is almost certainly my case too. It would be absolutely titanic to redo all the insulation here, and I'm not even sure that it could be effective (insulating from the inside I speak). From the outside, of course. But there the house would lose all its character, its charm and its identity .....
0 x
dax113
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by dax113 » 25/05/16, 12:47

Do not fall on me, especially that it comes from a decoration magazine, but could a treatment of this type with lime have ** a little bit ** an insulating effect which would be positive for comfort house thermal?
http://www.maisoncreative.com/transform ... outee-3830
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/05/16, 13:24

Almost zero, R = 0,3, we talked to you about high-flying technique using ancestral methods adapted to current needs, and you, you talk to us about "decoration"

... I understand that in your case you are asking all kinds of questions,
► View Text

but in your place I would go squarely in questions and substantive issues! And listen well then ... In your intro, you had by no means said that feeding your Godin would be a problem later ... I insisted on the causes (state of health to maintain, improve)

In addition for the weight I already told you that a simple support beam of 25x25 approximately, was sufficient.
For supply, a mass stove has a fairly small hearth, 50x40x40 cm max, which means that you only need to feed it 3 to 5x less than your Godin for incomparably better comfort (after a single outbreak, a stove mass is still hot the next day ... This is very well explained by the fact that almost all of the combustion is used to heat the house, the heat being stored in the mass, the fumes that come out are lukewarm ... while with a Godin, 70 to 80% of the heat disappears through the chimney) In addition, there are special logs that last 8 hours.

You want more comfort at lower investment cost, I've answered it! If you had to change your Godin, and not take a mass stove, that changes everything, but you're stuck Q budget ... There are no 36 solutions ... It would be better to compromise.
Well I think everything has been said on my side:
ITE (very expensive for you since no self-construction) VS mass stove + take care of your health!

I give way to others if someone has a better idea : Mrgreen:
Last edited by Obamot the 25 / 05 / 16, 13: 39, 1 edited once.
0 x
dax113
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by dax113 » 25/05/16, 13:38

Thank you Obamot for your help and advice. I will not dwell on the health issue, but will just say that if I were not as vigilant and as aware of certain things (as you seem to be), I would not have been around for some time even to live and maintain this house!
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/05/16, 13:42

I know all this well, and BRAVO if you have done the necessary: ​​but if you are cold, it is, I repeat, a sign that you have to watch your liver (because otherwise you would not have this feeling: more alcohol, more white sugar etc) in addition, you should also try the Mont-Roucous and you would already be less cold after six months of treatment! at <150mg / l of minerals, your body would be less "conductive" (results also bluffing with a little water retention ... in principle it disappears without doing anything else) You should also exercise low impact, otherwise you do not fix your calcium well and your body acidifies ... And of course rapeseed oil one tbsp / day

For the rest, we talked to you about high-flying techniques using ancestral methods adapted to current needs, and you, you talk to us about "decoration" ;-)

But I salute your courageous approach to come "ask advice" : Wink:
0 x
dax113
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by dax113 » 25/05/16, 14:14

Oh not right there Obamot! :( the article in a decorating magazine - it was just to have a return if a lime plaster could have a tad of effect. Nothing to do of course with "real" solutions (which cannot be decided and executed in a snap of the fingers) but something that I could, if a little useful, already do myself.

No alcohol (or exceptional), no white sugar, seriously limited dairy products, no prepared food, all home and everything in between, on average 5km on foot / day + garden + house (bp of stairs), yoga etc. I don't drink enough (water), I know it, I force myself sometimes but it smears me! I know the reasons for my chill / overheat alternation (depending on the ambient temperature) but we cannot resolve this (we keep trying! C a very small problem comparatively.)
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 25/05/16, 15:13

I was like you (not for the "decoration" eh ... : Mrgreen: ) I could only drink sparkling water for> 20 years (hated still water) and really I do not believe it, it changed something about me. Now it's exactly the opposite, I can no longer drink sparkling water or mineral water, my taste tells me that they are much too "salty" (whereas before I did not feel it). is "electronics" (bioelectronics of cells ...)

But hey, I don't have much time to chat ... :D Courage!
► View Text
0 x