Brussels threatens to enact regulations on the CO2

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 02/09/06, 18:27

ok guys i like you, but:

1 °) the problem of the scarcity of oil is even more urgent than the problem of CO2 (thanks to Bush and the Ayatollahs for reminding us, I hope in time)

2 °) in the current state of technology, it is particularly stupid to burn oil for stationary applications, it is better to reserve it for light mobile applications (aviation, tools, etc.) and for chemistry

3) the renewable energy park is still limited and, in any case, not infinitely expandable.

4) it will take time to develop the equipment (including insulation) of industries and individuals, as well as their mentality, although technological means make it possible to eliminate certain displacements

(Personally, I'm ready to go and live in a warmer area to save on heating: nobody has a place in electricity, home automation or related to offer me in the south of France?)

in short, I think it is unrealistic to get out of nuclear power before 50 or 100 years from now, especially in the name of our energy independence if Bush and the Ayatollahs continue to do this to us .....

I think politicians will soon let us know.

I think on the other hand reasonable to increase the costs of nuclear power to increase its security

and don't forget that at least 30% of the population does not have the means to quickly migrate to: solar collectors (6000 euros), insulation and change of chassis (8 to 15000 euros) condensing boiler (1500 to 3000 euros , but it is necessary to change the radiators in addition), purchase of a new car (anyway, their old Peugeot diesel will make the happiness of the inhabitants of Africa)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 03/09/06, 11:03

we can also consider that the increase in oil prices provokes healthy investments in renewable energies which otherwise would not have been made. Without wanting to, Bush and the Ayatollahs are super green : Cheesy:
+1 for your 2 °. I would even say more, +1 for your 2nd!
however, solar energy is available in large quantities. it is a problem of cost price, not quantity. Westerners would have the means to migrate to solar, but they prefer to go on vacation to the other side of the planet.
In my opinion, only a massive increase in the price of energy, and announced well in advance, would have the psychological and pecuniary impact necessary to change mentalities.
0 x
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 04/09/06, 13:44

I don't really care about what Philippe is saying.

Expensive energy is a blessing, because it obliges us to finally invest in the rational use of energy (we can easily lower our consumption by 20 to 30%) and then in renewable energies, and above all alternative transport.

Elephant, I also agree with you except when you find it unrealistic to get out of nuclear power before 50 or 100 years. I think it will be done for simple questions of availability of the resource. If we ask the atom to do the energy work of petroleum, I assure you that the available resource duration will melt like snow in the sun. So we will get out of nuclear power like oil: because we won't have a choice. And it is sure that the problems of energy scarcity are perhaps even more serious than global warming ...
Georges Abitbol wrote:World of shit !!
: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/09/06, 14:07

You might not be wrong when you say:

A
In my opinion, only a massive increase in the price of energy, and announced well in advance, would have the psychological and pecuniary impact necessary to change mentalities.

and I remember
"announced well in advance"

it's not cooked at all:

1) the population gets into debt and impoverishes itself
2) in Belgium, the price of (non-new) houses has almost tripled in 15 years.
3) the population is aging
4) the public transport offer is not great, more and more people need a vehicle to work or go to work
5) the habitat is becoming more and more individualized (I mean that the family structure is atomizing and that, if in 1950 you needed a house to accommodate 6 people, now you need 1 house and 2 apartments)
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 04/09/06, 14:44

Rulian wrote:
Georges Abitbol wrote:World of shit !!
: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

it's not for nothing that he's the classiest man in the world !!! : Lol: : Lol: : Lol:

elephant wrote:1) the population gets into debt and impoverishes itself

Yes, the system feeds on debt. Every day our mailboxes are flooded with credit proposals for anything and everything. Including to repay our credits :frown:.
Even the states, all over-indebted, set an example.

elephant wrote:2) in Belgium, the price of (non-new) houses has almost tripled in 15 years.

Well, on the other hand, it's a bit normal. When things go wrong, we prefer to invest in the hard. A roof over your head is still more reliable and more concrete than shares on the stock market.

elephant wrote:3) the population is aging

There, I admit that I do not see the masses in relation to the planned (or suffered) increase in energy prices.

elephant wrote:4) the public transport offer is not great, more and more people need a vehicle to work or go to work

Welcome to the real world, Nemo.
Here, the car is king. We are closing train lines because of non-profitability. As a result, people are forced to buy a car. As a result, there are fewer and fewer people on the trains. Result, we close lines ... etc ....

elephant wrote:5) the habitat is becoming more and more individualized (I mean that the family structure is atomizing and that, if in 1950 you needed a house to accommodate 6 people, now you need 1 house and 2 apartments)

What do you want ? since their early years, westerners have been stuck with values ​​such as competition and individuality. Solidarity: old-fashioned notion of backward 68ards and backfire beatniks.
When, in 1950, we had 3 generations in the same house; the "old" looking after the children while the "young" worked for the community. Today, the old people are in a retirement home, the kids in the nursery and the parents trim twice as much to pay for all that. Progress is beautiful.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 04/09/06, 17:01

denis wrote:
freddau wrote:A figure bothers me, by car is responsible for only 10% of emissions ??
I'm going to study this tonight.

add the fart of the cows :P

Bovine flatulence (not to be confused with divine ...) produces CH4, not CO2 ...
0 x
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 04/09/06, 17:11

Woodcutter wrote:Bovine flatulence (not to be confused with divine ...) produces CH4, not CO2 ...

You, moreover, is also what says INRA.

On the other hand, still according to the same organization, the spreading of liquid manure or slurry transforms the CH4 (or "methane") they contain into CO2.
Hence the aberration of such a practice: not only does it pollute the groundwater (see drinking water and proliferation of algae in Brittany), but in addition, it deprives us of the energy potential of this gas that we can very operate well in the form of bioGas thermal power plants. This is already happening in Germany.
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 04/09/06, 21:09

Ah! the brave beasts!
we were already getting the milk from the cows,
in India they burn the dried dung
in Egypt they still plow with oxen,
a cow's ass ball, that would be fun in the countryside, wouldn't it? :P
according to the European piping standard, they should be yellow.
0 x