Wall solar collector or solar wall in passive house?

Construction of natural or ecological habitat: plans, design, advice, expertise, materials, geobiology ... House, construction, heating, insulation: you have just received one or more quotes. Can't choose? State your problem here and we will advise you on the right choice! Help in reading DPE or environmental energy diagnostics. Help with the purchase or sale of real estate.
mimidelobbes
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Wall solar collector or solar wall in passive house?

by mimidelobbes » 27/10/09, 16:04

Hello
I post is about to have a little help.
After having built a well insulated house with straw, I try to have it certified "passive house". After having filled all the file I obtain via the PHPP program a K for the building of 14.5. Brilliant I tell myself.
I just received a courier passive house platform that is charged by the RW certification. They do not want to consider the contributions of the sensor wall because he is no standard to calculate.
If suprime all of these contributions, I pass a K 14.5 18 to K. My house is therefore theoretically more passive.
So I would defend myself and I am the result of research of more or less official test that would allow me to justify at least some of the contributions.
This is where I call on you. After Internet search I am still empty-handed.
If one of you a few things on hand, it would help me.

Thank you in advance.
http://mimidelobbes.skyrock.com/
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 28/10/09, 10:02

Hello,
you have pictures of your wall as well as the detail of this image?

merci!
0 x
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 28/10/09, 11:11

Fighting against the calculation models, it is not won.

There are two possibilities :
- Play with equivalent alternatives to a solar wall: double skin glass walls, with the second opaque wall and having good insulation and good inertia. It can approach the gains of solar wall and be recognized by the computer models.

- Rely on more detailed calculations with a thermal module FE: Comfies, Ecotect (easier). If I'm not mistaken, is this calculation that is used when models are lacking in the regulatory texts. On Comfies, I remember modeled the wall waterspout as a very fine area taking into account the air flow of trade with other areas.

Well, I'll see one last opportunity to pressure the researchers who worked on this system they support certification:
- Felix Trombe fire to established calculation models about it ... And some lab HVAC we followed the direction of Montpellier.
- The book of the solar house Mazria offers sizing, see if some can not make be adapted to be recognized.
- Finally, Bruno Peuportier, designer Comfies Pleiades and has campaigned measures on the behavior of various solar walls (variations around the wall spouts) to the Mines of Paris, in partnership with ADEME.

The studies Bruno Peuportier is relatively recent and linked to a body such as the ADEME. There is high chance it can help you on that, except that passive label is Switzerland ...

Good luck.
0 x
mimidelobbes
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mimidelobbes » 28/10/09, 14:00

jonule wrote:Hello,
you have pictures of your wall as well as the detail of this image?

merci!

You can go on Biospeedhome site you will find details of construction.
http://www.biospeedhome.be/index.asp?ru ... Techniques
0 x
mimidelobbes
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mimidelobbes » 28/10/09, 14:15

minguinhirigue wrote:Fighting against the calculation models, it is not won.

minguinhirigue thank you,
I'll go digging in that corner there.
already have research results would already positive.

The certification is based on a set of theoretical calculation. Only the blower door test is a practical verification. If you have a good record, even if the implementation is sloppy (outside of the waterproofing) your building is declared passive. I know the practical verification is not évidante but .... In practice, I know that our house is passive since we have already spent last winter in the house and that our consumption was less than what was planned as night temperatures dropped well below the averages used.
We will fight and then we'll see.

Thanks for your help.

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/01/10, 16:17

0 x
fthanron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by fthanron » 08/01/10, 16:33

Hello mimidelobbes,

The large workshops led Lyon orders an inquiry / experimentation recounted here: http://www.lesgrandsateliers.fr/echange ... tachedFile

Lucido is a company that seems well aware of such calculations: http://www.lucido-solar.com/index_ger.htm

May be in contact with these entities, and make a communication return on the forum would be interesting for all?

For yourself
0 x
Frederic
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 08/01/10, 19:42

For Lucido, I agree ...

For the competition of large workshops, unless he is a student work to which I also take part (presented ourselves a solar wall with paraffin cells) ...

Thermal analysis under Comfies are frequent (see the end of the pdf of the Grands Ateliers), they remain only purely digital.
However, made by a competent engineering office, they can faith for obtaining a label.
0 x
mimidelobbes
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mimidelobbes » 09/01/10, 13:28

Hello,

I made calls for a study desk. I have to meet soon to see what they can do for me. A priori it must be possible for them to make a dynamic calculation.

As soon as I have more info coming back to you.

a+
0 x
Christophe

Re: Wall solar collector or solar wall in passive house?

by Christophe » 12/03/16, 19:04

Schematic diagram of a solar wall:

solar-passive-schema-wall-bang-a-flap-horizontal-pic292.jpg
solar-passive-schema-wall-bang-a-flap-horizontal-pic292.jpg (18.58 KB) Viewed times 19749
0 x