Loremo, the econological car?

Transport and new transport: energy, pollution, engine innovations, concept car, hybrid vehicles, prototypes, pollution control, emission standards, tax. not individual transport modes: transport, organization, carsharing or carpooling. Transport without or with less oil.
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 25/05/08, 21:15

Image We can't even do mini-HS anymore, here ... : Cry:

Hi Targol! : Mrgreen:
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Targol » 09/06/08, 11:12

The Loremo comes out of the woods !!

Previously known only forums like this one, Loremo is gaining mainstream news sites. Thus, today we find on the front page of yahoo news, the following article:

Loremo AG - The other solution

The cleanest and most economical car race possible has made use of such technologies that the fundamentals have almost been forgotten.

The fundamentals ! This is a term that our national Aimé Jacquet had brought up to date in its time (this blessed time 1998-2001) with all the success that we know. Loremo AG is a bit to the automotive world what Jacquet was to the French team: a champion of the return to basics.

Explanations: manufacturers, engineers, scientists… have been competing for a long time now to design a car that is as clean and economical as possible. They have implemented the most advanced technologies (hybrid, biofuels, braking energy recovery system, etc.) to achieve this. To forget the principal?

Indeed, we know, it is of the order of the most elementary mathematics and physics, that a car can save energy in a spectacular way in two points: its weight and its aerodynamics.

Two concepts that Loremo - a very small designer - has decided to bring up to date.

The company has therefore developed a model, available in two versions, LS and GT. Both were designed on a steel frame weighing only 95 kg! For a total weight of 450 kg! And there, you say to yourself: ok, an extra yogurt pot which breaks up at the slightest shock! No!

Because the Loremo LS and Gt are innovative in that they do not have traditional doors but open from the front. In fact, the four passengers are protected in a very solid steel case!

In addition to the weight, Loremo worked on the aerodynamics of his model. With ideal proportions (1,10 m high, 1,36 m wide, 3,84 m long with a long tail which reduces aerodynamic drag), the Loremo LS and GT have an incomparable coefficient of penetration.

Suddenly, the LS, only equipped with a 20 hp block, reaches 160 km / h for an average consumption of 1,5 l / 100 km. As for the GT, equipped with a 50 hp engine, it reaches 220 km / h for a consumption of 2,7l / 100 km.

All at prices varying between 11.000 euros and 15.000 euros.

F. Grimpret
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/06/08, 21:48

Of course it's not bad ... if at least the info was up to date !!! :frown:

It will soon be a year since all these figures are no longer good on the LOREMO site: weight, consumption of the two versions, price ...

In short ... Not very surprising from a "generalist" like Yahoo ...
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/06/08, 22:39

Lol +1 with Bucheron, Yahoo took out (the hat?) The press release of ... 2006 ... : Shock:
Last edited by Christophe the 10 / 06 / 08, 11: 30, 1 edited once.
0 x
gilgamesh
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by gilgamesh » 09/06/08, 22:54

Good evening,

I'm still on forum and I read your post every day but in general I have nothing new then I am silent. On Loremo I know that they are receiving help from the EEC and the government in the meantime and I wonder how it is not just a maneuver to delay the trial - because the release was scheduled for early 2009 and now c is only 2010 ....... Help isn't always what it sounds. I think it's a good project and it is doable for any manufacturer if we only wanted.
VW had released a prototype a few years ago on the same principle - small tdi engine and low resistance bodywork and low weight which consumes 1 liter but precisely it is not interesting neither for the industry nor for the state and it seems to me that it was more of an advertising exercise than a real intention.
0 x
there is no absolute truth in the realm of phenomena

gilgamesh
kumkat
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by kumkat » 10/02/11, 13:51

http://www.moteurnature.com/actu/uneact ... s_id=25638

03 / 08 / 2010 - Farewell to the Loremo - Erratum?

Sad news, the little car that wanted to change everything will not change anything.

We were excited about 2006 for this little car. A car that was not hybrid, and that had no revolutionary technology, but simply exploited the existing knowledge. Very light and aerodynamic record, to achieve a minimum consumption. The carriers of the project announced in 2006 that the Loremo car would be produced in series in 2009, and its sale price would be lower than 20 000 euros.

The Loremo project had received support from the region where the future plant was to be located, but in 2010, the project is still very far from being at the stage of entry into production, and dirty blow, although legally the company exists always (at least from what we could check), Loremo's websites (loremo.com and loremo.de) have not responded for a week. Nobody either to answer our mails ...

The adventure shows how difficult it is to start as a car manufacturer. A good idea is not enough. Without jeopardizing the capacity of the Loremo project's bearers, the economic environment is terrible for industrial project developers in Europe.

The situation was all the more difficult for Loremo, as Volkswagen is also working on an ultra-efficient car (the concept car). Logically, no German banker will agree to finance an SME that might be in competition with a giant like Volkswagen.

05 / 08 / 2010 - ERRATUM? The company Loremo still exists, she should be talking about her soon, but it would not be with the little car that made it known.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/11, 14:09

Hmmm http://www.loremo.com/ is re online and nothing indicates above (at least I have not found) an abandonment of the project outright.

The analysis of Motor Nature is certainly relevant but based on speculation: an offline site does not mean that the company is abandoned, ditto for emails ...

After yes, it is difficult to start as a car manufacturer (especially if you compete with the "giants" of the automobile).

: Idea:

For VW projects, indeed the XL1 is ... very similar to the Loremo, hybridization in addition: https://www.econologie.com/forums/volkswagen ... 10464.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/xl1-et-l1- ... 10410.html
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/02/11, 16:54

Explanations received by email from a visitor:

Loremo completely abandoned his project for lack of finances, but that doesn't surprise me because they lost a lot of time and money for lack of a suitable motor (the one they used is an industrial cart-type motor "with license" from. technology certainly robust but rustic and not especially economical ...) moreover there were big problems of homologation to pass the minimum level passive safety but also active (braking distances), which does not surprise me either given the design of the machine ... This type of vehicle is only viable as a heavy quadricycle, with light regulations, just like safety ...

By cons still no "sources or references" ...
0 x
Arnaud M
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Arnaud M » 11/02/11, 10:00

Just for those who believe that 20 hp cars can no longer be bought: 2 hp is around 4 euros, meharis more around 000 euros, for cars between 10 and 000 years old, and between 30 and 60 hp (the 12 hp from the 29s is worth a fortune) ...
0 x
Christophe

Re: Loremo, the eco-friendly car?

by Christophe » 11/03/16, 16:26

The LOREMO project is dead (not profitable enough my son ...) ... but let's remember that it existed!

Loremo-the-pic108.jpg

Loremo-the-pic17.jpg
0 x

Back to "New transport: innovations, engines, pollution, technologies, policies, organization ..."