Stagnant water in pipes

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 18/07/15, 12:38

Another solution slightly leak all the taps. Like 100 liters of water "lost" every day a little electricity but clean pipe. It would only cost 2 or 3 hundred days and the water could return to the water table.
0 x
jpgroussard
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jpgroussard » 20/07/15, 08:33

thank you grelinette, things are not that simple because at the beginning, I started with an idea of ​​"sheepfold" with the minimum for green holidays 1-2 weeks a year (I am leaving in two weeks for Norway and I will stay in an eco-friendly cabin, no water, no electricity, dry toilets. I can't wait to go see what it is). But my childhood friends wanted "a bit" of comfort and I ended up with electricity, a septic tank, a water heater for showering and for cooking. It is not a problem of saving water because there it is not the water which misses for the garden because it is at the edge of a lake "supplied" by a river in which one is bathed and drank in when we were children. Alas, today this is no longer valid. In addition, the well has a more than reasonable flow.
But my friends, who have been going every weekend since May, have two left hands (but we still love each other very much) and they cannot empty the circuit either weekly or once a year, in October. I will go myself to do it in October and I will take the opportunity to bury the pipe. Little question if you know something about it: in my opinion, there are bacteria in all the pipes, especially since the heat in June and August did not help matters. Someone advised me to empty and put commercially available bleach throughout the circuit, then rinse well and add water again. A neighbor said to me (at the cafe while chatting), especially not.
Do you have an idea?
thank you in advance
0 x
Boris81
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Boris81 » 11/01/16, 15:49

Say, be careful anyway, by consuming this water from a well. Even with the filters you are talking about, stagnant water (dare I say sinking), questionable pipes, ... The health risks are very real.
Bleach for your pipes, no, especially not! it's good for eventually unclogging wastewater pipes (and again, personally, I don't like the idea of ​​bleach who goes wild in nature), but not in pipes supposed to carry water to use in the kitchen, bathroom, ...!
Even theso-called "potable" tap water presents health risks. So your well water, exposed to heat and stagnant, I would content myself with it for the toilets, even the washing machine, with multiple filters, but that's it.
Here, but hey, what I say ...
0 x