ventilation renovation by VMI, am I crazy?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
nutt
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nutt » 04/12/09, 14:48

Aumicron wrote:
nutt wrote:Finally, my husband finds that I complicate my life. He would like to stay like this. But he is not at all handy ...

Bravo nutt, you are right. You must stir your husband. No but...
More seriously, regarding your boiler, you can not move the air inlet of the boiler outside the heated volume?

Well, if I found it!

The position of the boiler is a bit special, it is in the middle of a heated pseudo-technical room. For now we have a propane boiler, so there is a high air vent and a low, but far from the boiler (2 m 50). I think it will be enough for the boiler wood but I do not want to interfere with a vmc.

As for my husband, I think it's a waste, but it's great cooking, among others! : Cheesy:

Thank you anyway !
0 x
Aumicron
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by Aumicron » 04/12/09, 15:13

For humidity in the bathroom, can you install a simple hygro-adjustable extractor that sends you the humid air of the bathroom in the pseudo-technical room?
0 x
To argue.
nutt
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by nutt » 04/12/09, 15:26

Aumicron wrote:For humidity in the bathroom, can you install a simple hygro-adjustable extractor that sends you the humid air of the bathroom in the pseudo-technical room?

Why not. I will study the question. Thank you Aumicron.
0 x
Trept1934
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

re

by Trept1934 » 17/10/15, 19:33

The same is true for the damp walls in the old one, because the capillaries are poorly managed because of the waterproof coating of water vapor (especially cement).
For the VMC DF, there is not only the return on investment aspect, there is also the comfort:

- no cold air flow coming from openings on the windows,
- filtration of incoming air% allergy, dust.
- slight overpressure that does not conflict with a chimney.
- homogenization of the temperatures of the different parts.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Renovation ventilation by VMI, am I crazy?

by chatelot16 » 18/10/15, 16:55

nutt wrote:
With this new pellet boiler, it is not possible for me to install a vmc (because of the depression that would hinder the draft of the boiler and therefore the dangers that follow, monoxide ....)

a vmc instalé corectement does not make depression: there must be air vents sufficient for entry of air, in general integrated with the windows but it is possible to put where one wants

with a vmc classic all mouths must have valves, allowing only the entry of air: it avoids drafts with the wind that would enter some mouth to come out by other

most of the simple vmc hydroreglable are regulated by humidity-sensitive valve that stops the circuit or less: it does not change anything to the electrical consumption of the VMC: it reduces especially the heat loss by the flow of VMC
0 x
LOGIC12
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

VMI

by LOGIC12 » 15/12/15, 19:33

Hello, Where is this pellet boiler ??? not in habitable rooms I supose?

And in this case, I do not see how a VMC would interfere.

If you put a VMC, you install it in the attic and you put a suction mouth in the kitchen one in the bathroom and one in the toilet. You shorten the interior doors of the rooms living room, bathroom kitchen and wc;

And of course, it will require aeration on the window of each room, as well as one of the living room (furthest from the door or the nearest suction mouth.

Except that the boiler would be in the living room or in a room or in the kitchen, which would be amazing, there is no problem.

In short, what is most problematic is the bathroom or bathrooms.

You could for each bathroom, blow air from the dwelling to 15 or 20 cm from the floor, during and for at least two hours after showering in the bathroom (s), and in this case, do not shorten the door of these rooms, on the contrary.
The room will be overpressurized and the air will be evacuated by the high natural ventilation. If there is a low air intake coming from outside, it must be plugged.

It's easy to do and inexpensive.

If not with a VMI, your bathrooms (which seems to be the most problematic) will hardly be broken down and the problem will remain then that you have made a very expensive installation, and which will make you lose little heat, but will eliminate the steam of showers.

I see that the boiler is in a pseudo technical room. then, just do not leave space under the door or doors so there will be no suction or very very little, so no disturbance especially if there is regulatory aeration.
0 x