Study feasibility of wind turbine 2kW home?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
Forhorse
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Forhorse » 14/12/15, 07:01

Kenny-k wrote:6. It can drive inductive loads such as tube-lights, TV sets, air-conditionner, fans, etc ....

Why are you both on a computer UPS?

Because it looks a lot like it, both physically and by internal topology.
A computer inverter is also capable of supplying this kind of load, that doesn't mean anything.
But it may be an inverter for renewable energy designed to operate H24 ... usage will tell.

For the ground connection diagram (eg neutral regime) I will answer later.
0 x
Kenny-k
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kenny-k » 14/12/15, 21:44

Thank you for the details.
As you say, usage will say, at the ridiculous price it will have cost, I don't mind having to reinvest in another inverter.
Regarding the very instructive observations of chatelot, I obviously keep them by the elbow ....

chatelot16 wrote:I bought one of these wind turbine: the alternator is very good: the voltage of 96V is interresting to not need jumbo cable like 24V

helix: I do not like ... I do not like fixed steps, but it's not a criticism for the seller: the announcement was clear ... the purpose of this purchase is to put point a variable pitch propeller

inverter: this is an old transistor bridge design powered by the 96V battery that powers a big transformer 50Hz the problem is a significant power loss even at empty or low power

the modern inverter are made with decoupage power whose losses are proportional to the power transmitted: therefore good performance even at low power

conclusion this inverter will serve as backup power for an industrial machine, but is not a good plan for autonomous power wind turbine battery: this inverter already has the switching function as a computer inverter

also it is not a critic for the seller: he sells this material at low enough price for it to be a good deal without hiding that it is an old kit, made with elements not necessarily well suited between them

This is where I am listed as a wind turbine, for permaculture, the greenhouse and fruit hedges,[Flytox Moderation]

Regarding the connection part, I wisely wait for the protective gloves before touching the batteries as advised by Forhorse from memory.

I try to complete its connection diagram as soon as possible and send you the photos of the cabinet once all this is connected.

Forhorse I do not forget this neutral diet story ....
0 x
Kenny-k
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kenny-k » 14/12/15, 21:46

[Flytox Moderation]
0 x
Kenny-k
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kenny-k » 14/12/15, 21:48

I hope that the originality of my mast will bring you some comments.
This type of structure allows me to go back to the statutory 12m if necessary.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/12/15, 22:35

The mast seems solid, original, light, (piece of crane?) As much as possible, the ladder behind is attached, but a little short, and we can do without a roped mountaineer with harness, very advisable, even with ladder !!

The photo reveals the presence of buildings near the two fairly high sides, which will disturb the wind turbine 'by the vortices that they generate, exactly, even at 12m, like an enormous Airbus 380 can tackle on the ground a smaller plane, miles behind, by lift destroyed by the whirlpools !! !!

The lift of a wing or pale only exists by its vortices which it creates, and other vortices coming from elsewhere even from far away, destroy this lift !!

[Flytox Moderation]
0 x
Thiazolinones neuro toxic to avoid them being everywhere, madness, killing at least ppm, bacteria and your neurons, which multiplies Alzheimer !!
The bees disappear pesticide, Roundup, and are killing us slowly. http://www.pollinis.org/petitions/petit ... noides.php
Kenny-k
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kenny-k » 14/12/15, 22:44

The mat is aluminum, these are structures used in events.
Regarding the rest, nothing new under the sun [Flytox Moderation]
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/12/15, 02:38

0 x
Thiazolinones neuro toxic to avoid them being everywhere, madness, killing at least ppm, bacteria and your neurons, which multiplies Alzheimer !!

The bees disappear pesticide, Roundup, and are killing us slowly. http://www.pollinis.org/petitions/petit ... noides.php
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 15/12/15, 15:34

the buildings on the photo are worrying ... it is imperative that this kind of wind turbine is 2 times higher than the surrounding buildings

it is not enough to put the wind turbine 2 m above the building

if the building is 6m the wind turbine must be 12m

if the building is 8m the wind turbine must be 16m: if you want to limit yourself to 12m so as not to ask for authorization, you are in turbulence with an irregular wind even when there is a good wind

I know a wind turbine near my house at 12m with buildings too high: it never turns correctly, spends its time accelerating and slowing down

it takes a long time to accelerate when the wind increases, then the wind slows down, and it acts as a fan by turning faster than the wind: it is during these phases of deceleration that it makes noise!

watch your mat for show, it's aluminum, practical because it's light, but misleading, less solid than if it were steel ... not very resistant to fatigue if it vibrates with great wind
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 15/12/15, 19:07

Each word from chatelot16 is worth its weight of advice to listen to, no offense to Kenny-k who seems hard on the sheet, who says without anything all around and shows photos with buildings, etc ... !!

Yes aluminum is vicious with lots of dead like
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Comet
as a result of metal fatigue on thousands of small tremors
"these accidents are due to metal fatigue":
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatigue_% ... %A9riau%29

much more serious for aluminum than for steel !!

The wind is very tiring.

Finally, the eddies and whirlpools even at 2 times higher are still disruptive by reducing the efficiency, on a wind turbine, which moreover has an inefficient regulator, which amplifies the speed oscillations instead of stabilizing them !!.

The fine blades are for a steady wind at a fixed speed with a very fixed direction and the slightest fluctuation or direction of a few degrees destroys the yield.
0 x

Kenny-k
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Kenny-k » 15/12/15, 20:14

Thank you Chatelot for these observations of which I am perfectly aware.
Again my goal is not to save money immediately so performance is not my priority for the moment
By cons I obviously do not want to destroy the wind turbine in 3 months,
So your advice is very important to me but I want to see for myself
-the effects of the gable of the house which is a little less than 6m (the building at the back is 3m)
-the constraints on the mat and the welds but I chose this structure precisely because it has no wind resistance and is very resistant to oxidation.

I would add that the wind I have observed for 1 year is almost permanent, almost always coming from the area without obstacles on the field side.
My land is only 700m² so I did not have many possible choices for the location of the mast if I did not want guy lines in the middle of the garden ....

Anyway thank you again, I will keep you informed of the rest ...
[Flytox Moderation]
0 x