A little dream: bamboo house

Organize and arrange your garden and vegetable garden: ornamental, landscape, wild garden, materials, fruits and vegetables, vegetable garden, natural fertilizers, shelters, pools or natural swimming pool. lifetime plants and crops in your garden.
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/12/15, 20:35

Ahmed wrote:I remember a mill that had problems with his sieve bolting flour: the system is fixed on rods and movement is quite similar (as far as I understood) to that which is done manually ; she tried different grades of steel, composite materials, glass fiber, nothing long resisted and ultimately are simple bamboo stems that have proven to be the solution!

this is classic in flour milling: these oscillating screens are called planchister: they are suspended by flexible wooden rods

in combine harvesters there is the same principle with steel blades ... and steel blades break more often than the wooden sticks of planchister
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 14/12/15, 20:40

bamboo does not seem to me less durable than ordinary wood: I recovered it in a dump and I stored it leaning against a wall, the top can be sheltered from the roof, and the bottom to the weather .. I have not had the opportunity to use it quickly, it is there for 15 years and still has good resistance

bamboo has a big advantage over tree wood: there is no need for a sawmill to make beams, you just have to choose the right diameter bamboo

seeing the resistance of this recovered bamboo, it makes me want to grow it to have something new

Finally there is not only one wood, between the fir and the acacia the resistance to decay is completely different ... I imagine that there are also different types of bamboo
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 14/12/15, 21:45

There are all kinds of bamboos, of varying sizes and diameters, the roots are invasive underground, they need good humidity to grow very quickly, but stay alive in drought, and those I have, long solid poles, in drying too outside between wet and dry violent, crack along their length and it is better to keep them inside.

The roots are easily transplanted, without buying any !!

As solid rod, it is lighter than aluminum, more flexible, to saw far with a saw at the end, even for large branches, or pruning shears, inexpensive, ideal for pruning, because the lightest possible .

Very good for flexible light tent frames.

For scaffolding in China it is spectacular in large bamboo on skyscrapers with ligatures !!

Our European larvae and insects do not invade bamboos, unlike pines transformed into Swiss cheese.
Last edited by dedeleco the 14 / 12 / 15, 21: 53, 2 edited once.
0 x
Thiazolinones neuro toxic to avoid them being everywhere, madness, killing at least ppm, bacteria and your neurons, which multiplies Alzheimer !!
The bees disappear pesticide, Roundup, and are killing us slowly. http://www.pollinis.org/petitions/petit ... noides.php
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/12/15, 21:51

Except that for large diameters, there is little hope in our latitudes: by choosing a giant variety, have obtained 9 m high against 30 m in Vietnam ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."

Back to "Garden: landscaping, plants, garden, ponds and pools"