Improve the insulation of windows: blinds, curtains, blinds?

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/10/14, 12:10

Bah it is a manufacturer's site and rather intended for large customers ... therefore tolerated ... for an educational purpose of presentation of the different technologies.
0 x
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 29/10/14, 12:51

elephant wrote:Ooh, the ugly new registrant who advertises! : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil: : Evil:

And your perpetual relaunch on E-DOG is not advertising ...! 8)

There at least it is concrete and can encourage people to put DV or TV for those who had fears of intrusion ...! So energy savings in perspective, right ...
0 x
Verori
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Question about an insulating product

by Verori » 02/11/15, 22:54

Hello everyone, I just found your forum and I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of a cold insulating curtain, which is made with a supposedly revolutionary lining which would save 50% energy on heating. I found it on a site that I know and that is good, but it seems too good to be true. it still costs 70 euros each, so ...
0 x
hic
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Question on an insulating product

by hic » 02/11/15, 23:30

VéroRI wrote:Hello everyone, I just found your forum and I would like to know if anyone has ever heard of a cold insulating curtain, which is made with a supposedly revolutionary lining which would save 50% energy on heating. I found it on a site that I know and that is good, but it seems too good to be true. it still costs 70 euros each, so ...

Hi VeroRI

A curtain is full of drafts so it leaks.
50% on the cold of a glazing is not much.

As you noticed, it's easier to sell that
than an effective solution.

While a simple polystyrene panel hermetically closing the opening,
get the maximum result
*** heating-insulation/thermal-cap-for-single-glazing-window-t13403.html ***
0 x
"Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food" Hippocrates
"Everything has a price has no value" Nietzche
Torture for Dummies
Forbid to express the idea that the field is acceleration (magnetic and gravitational)
And you get your patent mental torture option executioner successfully
Christophe

by Christophe » 03/11/15, 00:49

70 € for how many m2?

The solution of the double curtain that I presented in this subject is an effective solution for sure ... with 3 cm of space between curtain is the top.

Your "revolutionary" curtain may consist of thin insulation ... or a simple reflective sheet style survival blanket ... tell us more ...

50% it seems a lot to me unless we base it on simple glazing ...
0 x
Verori
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Verori » 04/11/15, 14:34

It is this type of product: -http://www.ecologie-shop.com/rideaux-insolants-thermiques-contre-le-froid-124
It is a double thickness with a decorative fabric and a kind of thin insulation type survival blanket actually.
What seems good to me is the decorative side and the company that manufactures is French. They would have had tests done to prove effectiveness.
In principle, does the solution seem valid, especially by promising 46% savings?
0 x
Christophe

Re: Improve window insulation: shutters, curtains, blinds?

by Christophe » 14/11/22, 18:55

Crisis obliges, there are new ideas on energy savings that are emerging at the moment!

Some stick emergency blankets to their windows...I remain skeptical about the effectiveness...and for the look...oops... : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Others encapsulate the same blankets in curtains...why not...but in this case you might as well use thin insulation...

My double curtains still work great!
0 x