Pilot burner + pump

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
nico1985
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pilot burner + pump

by nico1985 » 21/09/15, 08:43

Hello everybody

I own an Elco oil-fired floor boiler.
I bought the house and the boiler was already installed. So I picture that the boiler must have 15ans seen that my house has 15ans ...

There was a boiler connected to the boiler that I removed.
This boiler serves me only for my central heating.

Currently, the thermostat only cuts the circulator.
And because of this the boiler maintains its temperature at the set temperature .... say + -65 °

I would like to cut (when the thermostat triggers) both the circulator and the burner so that the boiler keeps its 65 °.

My heating engineer told me about a plug to place the ECS module RB.EM PLUS.

at the back I have:

C1 file: 230V power supply
plug C2: 2 wires to my Thermostat
C3 file: /
C4 plug: 2 wires to my circulator

On the pictures here is where the wires go:

Red: Thermostat - plug C2
Orange: Thermostat - plug C2
Gray: C3 plug - not connected (probably the old boiler)
Brown: Circulator - C4
White: golden piece (according to my heating engineer is the room that prevents overheating?)
Black: bridged on the N / N
Blue: Circulator - C4
N / N: To my On / Off button

Can you give some information ?
I attach photos to you

Thank you in advance,

Thank you in advance !
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/09/15, 14:55

Hi Nico,

You're lucky, I also have an Elco burner (already installed like you)

My heating engineer told me about a plug to place the ECS module RB.EM PLUS.

How to make complicated when it can be simple?

So for my case, when I emerge the situation was the following (worse than you ...):

a) circulator always ON as soon as we turn on the boiler that is to say as soon as it is fed (yes ... there are plumbers who are real heads of con) ... there is a switch wall mounted specifically for the boiler.

b) burner controlled by the room thermostat (AND probe T ° internal to the boiler in case of overheating for example)

I only use this boiler in extra days on cold days. I only consume about 250 to 300L of fuel oil a year. So for me the optimization was incidental but I nevertheless obviously deleted the configuration a).

Now the circulator only works when the burner is switched on AND I believe with a small tempo (or thermostat on the heating body of the boiler to check) to cool the boiler.

I do not have the exact pattern anymore but if you want I can go and watch how I wired that ...

To come back to your case and your idea: why not switch off "everything" via the dry relay of your room thermostat?

The only drawback is that you will lose the heat of the heating body ... that you will have to warm up at the next cycle ... That is to say exactly like at home if I do not have the tempo after burner shutdown (I I'm not sure I made the change years ago ...)

But as I personally use this boiler in extra few hours a day (the days of great cold) I do not have this concern or very little since I cycle 1h or 2h where the boiler (started cold with cold radiators) turns almost non-stop (it's not great for condensation in the heating body but I do not care a little saw the few hours it turns per year ...)

Another solution would be to reduce the temperature of the heating element to 40-45 ° by using the radiator thermostat of your boiler (it looks like you have 2 from the picture of your boiler board?). Must see if in the range of T ° of this last ...
0 x
nico1985
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nico1985 » 21/09/15, 15:31

Hello Christophe!

You're lucky, I also have an Elco burner (already installed like you)

Wow Super. I can not wait to wire my boiler the way I want it.

How to make complicated when it can be simple?

I know but my heating engineer has to blow the lead several times and pay me a workday, he did nothing else :(

For my part, my boiler is used to maintain 16 ° in the house. I cook in a wood fire when I'm at home.

That is to say that from 17h to 5h / 6h in the morning it is + 16 ° in the house and therefore my boiler does not need to be maintained in temperature.

To come back to your case and your idea: why not switch off "everything" via the dry relay of your room thermostat?

uh .... yes that's what I want to do no? shut off the circulator + the burner. After the idea of ​​the circulator tempo approves 200% but I would be happy if I can cut everything.

Thank you for your help Christophe, I am waiting for your return.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/09/15, 16:28

I will watch the wiring as soon as possible.

I also heat wood mainly.

Look at the A max. which can pass in your thermostat as well as the max. of your boiler, burner and circulator. If it is much lower you could control everything via the thermostat provided also that the wiring is not too small ...
0 x
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 22/09/15, 15:32

A fuel burner consumes in the 300W an 60 circulator 120W.
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/15, 15:57

Yes so that could "pass" with a 5A thermostat (that's generally what we see) even if I think that it is not a solution "in the rules of the art" (but hey when we see how both at home and at home some plumbers work ...)

I'm going to take pictures of my cabling to help him ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/09/15, 16:35

Here are the pictures of my montage. The boiler controls the burner and circulator.

The modification I had to do at the time was simply to bridge the circulator (light gray cable) on the burner feed. So at first no tempo as I thought ...

My thermostat (Honeywell CM61 + 1):

Elco Klockner burner Econom3000:

SIME boiler without DHW adjustment

General of the boiler (the red and black wire is that of the thermostat):

wiring:

Boiler inlet, from top to bottom, left to right we have:
- General boiler
- Circulator (gray, the one I added) and thermostat (red-black)
- Burner

A priori (I have not looked in detail) the circulator and burner go through the thermostat (but not the general power supply of the boiler) so that's what you should do in your case ... or so cut down all the boiler via the thermostat (just to save a few kWh of electricity a year) ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/09/15, 10:12

Hello? Are you there Nico?
0 x
nico1985
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nico1985 » 23/09/15, 10:17

Hello Christophe,

Bizarre my morning message has not passed.

As I understand it now my thermostat pilot my circulator so my thermostat cuts the blue and brown wire.

If I'm your resonant Christophe, I'd have to remove the black wire from the terminal 44 (the one that is bridged on N / N).
Instead, I have to wire a wire from the terminal with the brown wire and place it on the 44 terminal.

It's just ?
I have some basic notion of electricity but not like you so I try to get around and especially not to make foolishness.
0 x
nico1985
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by nico1985 » 28/09/15, 15:40

Hello Christopher,

My solution seems correct?
0 x

Back to "Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ..."