Ending the Silence on Silent World Cousteau

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Macro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Macro » 23/07/15, 11:09

Janic wrote:I do not doubt for a moment that you have an omnivorous speech (the reverse would be surprising), but my reflection was focused and precise: what experience do you have in the VG to be able to speak about it as an expert on the subject? At first sight: none!

I don't talk about it as an expert ... But as an observer of what I see around me ... Marie Jeanne, Sabrina and a few others whose paths I crossed when I was in high school ...

I'm 44 years old ... I always had an omnivorous diet .... According to what I read and understood, You have more than 70 you are VG for 40 years .... so you started to become vegetarian, vegan, or at least to change the way you eat around the age of 30. During the growth phase of your body did you eat omnivore? or I'm wrong ?
You are in good health (and I wish you to remain so) but alas in your case no one will be able to certify if it is thanks to your change of diet at the end of life (and yes it is ugly we start to take off at from around 26 years) or thanks to what you ate during your growth. If your children and grandchildren were VG from the first hour, they will make good statistics ...

And to come back to the subject .... I do not endorse free acts of barbarism on living beings .. Even if I put it on my plate. I worked in an abattoir at health inspection for two years after my studies ... The butchers of that era (of which my father was a member) were far less Barbarian than the team at Cousteau in the 60s ...
After a killing it remains a killing ...
0 x
The only thing safe in the future. It is that there may chance that it conforms to our expectations ...
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 23/07/15, 14:26

macro
Janic wrote:
I do not doubt for a moment that you have an omnivorous speech (the reverse would be surprising), but my reflection was focused and precise: what experience do you have in the VG to be able to speak about it as an expert on the subject? At first sight: none!

I don't talk about it as an expert ... But as an observer of what I see around me ... Marie Jeanne, Sabrina and a few others whose paths I crossed when I was in high school ...

I'm not even going to prove you wrong! When I consult the forums VG I am appalled by the ignorance of the subject by this youth who is affected by the fate reserved for animals and who seems indifferent to his. Overnight, they (they most often, the boys want to play tough, the insensitive) abandon meats, eggs, poisons, dairy products without precaution or progressiveness. This is not only a dietary absurdity, but also a significant risk of pathologies by consequent deficiency.
So yes, this VG does not make the glory of the philosophy it covered until then, namely to put the defective machine in better condition without resorting to poisons adding to all those already absorbed for years and while preserving the needless massacre of many animals.
This is why I think that the opinion of a few thousand non VG dieticians from two different countries by their living conditions, culture, etc ... is better than a few occasional meetings.

I'm 44 years old ... I always had an omnivorous diet .... According to what I read and understood, You have more than 70 you're VG for 40 years ....

46 years to be precise! You count a lot!

so you started to become vegetarian, vegan, or at least to change the way you eat around the age of 30. During the growth phase of your body did you eat omnivore? or I'm wrong ?

You are not mistaken, even if I had psychological dispositions for becoming abhorred by blood and violence (towards humans like animals), but consuming only very few plants like all large families with low income . (the usual pasta, potatoes, beans, sweets)
You are in good health (and I wish you to remain so) but alas in your case no one will be able to certify if it is thanks to your change of diet at the end of life (and yes it is ugly we start to take off at from around 26 years) or thanks to what you ate during your growth.

This is precisely where the problem lies in this reasoning because it is linked to the ignorance of the subject (a subject which interests very few people). I have always had a very fragile health (I almost died as a child) a fragility which continued until adulthood and the change in food mode (only one element changed) and this tendency to frailty decreased until disappearing almost completely (we do not make new with old!) according to the level of change brought obviously. To take a comparative picture, what makes the difference between the sofa sportsman watching TV and the winner at the Olympic games is active and permanent involvement.

If your children and grandchildren were VG from the first hour, they will make good statistics ...

Not exactly ! France does not engage in this kind of statistics (concerning too few people to present the slightest interest (for whom besides?)) Then, the media conditioning (the stuffing of the skull one can say) without verification, nor valid and especially existing statistical control does not allow this. There remain the small groups of VG who are part of associations and which could serve as a starting point for serious studies, but few, if any, feel attracted to this kind of surveys or pseudo surveys which generally distort the subject ( this is normal the investigators would not be VG themselves and marked with a priori and if they were VG they would be accused of non-neutrality) the Americans have a less "Latin" spirit and more open to difference.
Some sites have attempted the adventure without any real impact on the media which are hardly sensitive to the subject (when they have a certain independence) and in any case it does not interest the general public (or not) because of the psychological and societal impact of binge consumption that WHO, himself, recognized as being a brand of social advancement (like the car for that matter) See China and its consumption of cars and cars which is skyrocketing like all populations who see their standard of living increase.

And to come back to the subject .... I do not endorse free acts of barbarism on living beings .. Even if I put it on my plate. I worked in an abattoir at health inspection for two years after my studies ... The butchers of that era (of which my father was a member) were far less Barbarian than the team at Cousteau in the 60s ...

All acts of death are inherently "barbaric" in the eyes of any sensitive individual. It is the burying of this sensitivity that allows this unnecessary violence.
Nazism was (after many other ideologies of the same kind) considered a filthy barbarism and yet the torturers returned to their homes caring with tenderness and sensitivity for their family and offspring. However, mentally, they had persuaded themselves that these death camps were justified by considering their fellows, from another culture, like animals, worse like furniture, raw material transformable into soaps.
Gandhi understood and taught that violence is first and foremost in the head and that there can be no peace on this earth until these humans end it, starting their relationship with animals. Gandhi had become VG it's obvious!
In an address to the London Vegetarian Society on November 20, 1931, Gandhi confirmed his adherence to his ethical vegetarianism: "To stay vegetarian, man needs a moral basis. »

After a killing it remains a killing ...

Not quite ! As long as people do not feel directly involved, indifference and self-justification are in order. But when you have to get your hands dirty (or rather the leg and what goes with it) it's another story. In more than forty years, therefore, I have repeatedly asked the question of work colleagues, relations (the VG do not spend their time looking at the navel, society is made up of a majority of cultural omnivores ») That: if they had to kill, strip, these animals which they have in their plate, how many would do it? And the answer (particularly in urban centers) is a negation. To the fierce bidcheurs I offered a very simple experiment to check their aptitude for omnivorism and strangely all declined the offer: what did they have to lose? In theory nothing and even able to prove, with vividness, that the VG claiming that omnivorism is false, is not founded?
However your reaction, your reflections are standard, classic, as for any subject which would call into question an almost universal system and with distant origins. It is a natural reflex of defense, protection of knowledge, habits. After, according to individuals, some go beyond these cultures, these appearances of "truth".
But let the bidmakers be reassured, this is exceptional and our society is gone for many more years of cancer and cardiovascular disease (we must give way to young people… who are afflicted with it, unfortunately, more and more young too : read the statistics since the first half of the 20th century) and with the promise of the famous miracle vaccine (one more) which will solve all these pathologies.
0 x