Recycling the polyester hulls of boats

Environmental impact of end of life products: plastics, chemicals, vehicles, agri-food marketing. direct recycling and recycling (upcycling or upcycling) and reuse of good items for the trash!
breizh22810
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by breizh22810 » 28/02/11, 19:56

Undoubtedly, that must be able to put this in place, but I have read here that the energy report is not profitable, the principle is good but still has certainly developed.
In terms of natural recycling I would join your idea but with the retained all the same, I join all simply because the BPHU hulls have a formidable enemy, osmosis. But its evolutionary cycle is relatively slow. (See photo below)

Good sea and good wind
0 x
When the seagulls have feet it is time for a trip
breizh22810
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by breizh22810 » 28/02/11, 20:07

Dismantling of a wooden TDM type sailboat, length 9m20 for a weight of 3t580 built in 1969

To come back to the subject, how to recover the remains after demolition ...?

An example of my decorative creations for the home
(The songs all come from this unit above)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 28/02/11, 20:16

Large site ... there is not much to do with treated wood ... burning it would be quite catastrophic for the atmosphere ...

So direct recycling as you already do is a good way ...

ps: uh would you not have U-boot parts in stock? : Idea: : Cheesy:
0 x
breizh22810
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by breizh22810 » 28/02/11, 20:41

I have a lot of parts in stock but U-boot no I don't believe ...! Image

Another unit which has been recycled in a recycling center, this is a "super marcouf" length 4m20 weight 430klg PBHU hull, for the story the boat was stored several months before it arrived at me, of course. insurances do not cover the wintering for this period which remains the responsibility of the owner, noted that for the reimbursement of this insurance it is necessary to provide proof of destruction to be provided also to maritime business. Namely that the boat suffered damage following a rupture of its dead body all costs are the responsibility of the owner, removal, repatriation, storage and destruction. Value of the boat in good condition € 3500 cost of support € 1960 (excluding wintering costs € 40 / month) cost of destruction € 200 (after valuation of used parts deducted from the cost of destruction)

The shipyards take advantage of this emptiness and make my life rough, its this includes in view of the rates practice, if I had taken charge of the costs would have been much lower, about 650th in total.

Good sea and good wind.
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 28/02/11, 22:02

The only solution I see: grinding of everything that is not metallic, and incinerator compatible with the various chemicals contained?

To say that all these chemicals go into seawater continuously ...
0 x
See you soon !
breizh22810
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by breizh22810 » 01/03/11, 12:08

Well I note with great pleasure that this branch is far from being saturated and go the same my project like the sea there I dare say so. Far from being able to treat the problem industrially for the moment, I remain persuaded that there is a way of doing something, I will now turn to the local authorities and see with them that my project can be supported.

I now turn to the means of treating PBHU residues, and the various proceed available for the de-construction and their costs of establishment, and yes because I am only small financial means, I say it because I come out of a long period of pain due to a big health concern.

I would like to take this opportunity to inform you of my need to bring together partners, my goal being to gain weight in front of the various players in the whole sector. Thank you all for listening to me, for participating so actively in this subject.

I make you share this photo below with great pleasure, I present to you my small boat of 5m27 of the 1970s built in polyester, for the story this boat was saved from destruction while it was in perfect condition, it does not he was missing only the sails.

Good sea and good wind.
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 26/04/15, 14:34

Recycling of old boats: a booming market

Each year, 20 pleasure or fishing boats reach the end of their life. To prevent them from polluting the sea and the coast, specialized companies reprocess nautical waste

Francetv news
Updated on 03/04/2015 | 17:02, published on 03/04/2015 | 11:30
When they reach the end of their life, pleasure boats or small fishing boats often end up in the mud. But this pollution is no longer inevitable. Several specialized companies have entered the boat recycling market. They use a machine to crush the plastic shells. "The idea is to reduce volumes, to massify the carcasses, and to be able to start selective sorting", explains Pierre Rolland, president of the Breton Recyclers.

Boats transformed into fuel

Once they are shredded, old boats can be recycled for fuel. The market is buoyant, as there are 20 wrecks to be crushed each year.
For the owners of these old ships, recycling costs between 200 and 1 euros per wreck, depending on its size. But for the moment, no regulation obliges them to have them recycled.

video of pleasure boat hulls going to the crusher: http://www.francetvinfo.fr/france/recyc ... 67143.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 27/04/15, 11:48

polyester is a bad fuel because it contains too much glass: the value of the heat produced may not cover the costs: it is therefore better to landfill than to burn it anyhow

exception: burn it in the cement plant: the glass decomposes at the manufacturing temperature of the cement, and simply enters into the composition of the cement ... the other charges present in the polyester are not harmful to the cement, so the solution is all found to give a little value to old polyester
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 27/04/15, 12:51

chatelot16 wrote:polyester is a bad fuel because it contains too much glass: the value of the heat produced may not cover the costs: it is therefore better to landfill than to burn it anyhow

exception: burn it in the cement plant: the glass decomposes at the manufacturing temperature of the cement, and simply enters into the composition of the cement ... the other charges present in the polyester are not harmful to the cement, so the solution is all found to give a little value to old polyester

indeed you seem to know.

The burning of polyester in cement works is discussed here: https://escales.wordpress.com/2011/03/1 ... mpossible/

and well detailed here: http://www.europoly-polyester.co.uk/eur ... nterie.htm
0 x