DC-AC12v 150 W converter for wood boiler circulator

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Rabbit
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Rabbit » 19/02/15, 12:24

do you think if i plug in the engine bypassing the electronics it will be ok? :P
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 19/02/15, 13:14

Hello :D

It's crazy to be dependent on nuclear energy to heat with wood ...

dirk pitt wrote:a circulator has a very bad cos Phi.
moreover, the starting current is quite high.

I also think that these are the two keys to the problem, I have already known the case with a so-called solar fridge which never started with the inverter.
The alternating current is complicated, it is the VA and not the Watt which must be taken into consideration. (Les Ampères)
that's for cruising speed, but stopped (so at the start to get started) the engine consumes a lot more.

A portable drill-type motor could do the trick, for a good handyman, otherwise a DC circulator shouldn't cost that much : Cry:

ps: perhaps if the circulator does not have time to stop at the cut, by supplying it via an inverter relay closed by the edf current, which instantly switches to the inverter circuit in the event of cut edf, it could work? :?:
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 19/02/15, 14:22

Rabbit wrote:do you think if i plug in the engine bypassing the electronics it will be ok? :P
There remains the problem of the square wave :?
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/02/15, 10:31

Rabbit wrote:It may be the price of ecology.

It is expensive ecology!

Small parenthesis: this is the whole image that I was trying to "break" with the concept of econology since 2003 ... if an old member like you still thinks that is because I messed up my task. ..

: Cry:

ps: Gaston the idea of ​​a low pass filter is not good? It is too far for me to size the head but we can search together ... Obviously we will not have a pure sine but we can smooth so may be enough for the engine to tolerate.

reps: Tigger had encountered the same problem a few years ago, Rabbit tries to send him a PM to know how he had finally solved the thing?
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 20/02/15, 11:52

You should know if when the circulator makes a "funny noise" for a few seconds it is running or if it vibrates without starting. In the second case, it is the inverter (or the electronics of the circulator?) Which goes into safety mode (too many amps).
Hence my idea of ​​switching from one source to another without stopping the engine, there may be a hesitation of a few hundredths of a second?
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 20/02/15, 12:09

Christophe wrote:ps: Gaston the idea of ​​a low pass filter is not good? It is too far for me to size the head but we can search together ... Obviously we will not have a pure sine but we can smooth so may be enough for the engine to tolerate.
The idea is good : Mrgreen:

The problem is that a low pass filter at 50Hz for a power of a hundred watts, it quickly requires very large components ...
In addition, the filter must be calculated taking into account the impedance of the load (in this case the motor).
0 x
chevesne51
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chevesne51 » 20/02/15, 22:32

See with an inverter for PC, some come out in pure sine.

It is found in recycling center, because of HS battery.
The ideal in your case is to find 12 volts (one battery).

This is the solution I adopted for my pellet stove, by sticking a 40 Ah battery.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/02/15, 01:00

the small inverter for pc rarely sine, and often they are not even properly cooled to work long: there are small batteries that last 10 minutes so the battery is empty before it heats: if we put a large battery it burns out

of course there are also on-line inverters for PC: which means that the power does not pass permanently through the inverter, even when it comes from 220V so online inverters are always true sines

the best way to buy a true sine inverter is those that are sold for autonomous solar installation: they are able to run anything as well as on EDF

do not hesitate to take a little big model because it is very efficient from the point of view of power lost when empty: a big model loses nothing more than a small one: that is the advantage of feeding modern cutting
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by tigrou_838 » 26/02/15, 09:49

hi to respond fairly quickly, take a pure sine wave inverter.

for your 150w you take a 300w it goes without problem, there are for around 70 €.

otherwise you are looking for a breakage with German cars, audi, and you look at the circulation or cooling pumps, these are 12v pumps which consumes around 1,2A and which outputs just what is needed and not expensive, just that 'You will be worth the battery and the charger too.

I had tested the 12v, not bad, but I was looking above all for a secu for power outages, so inverter charger 220v / 12v 300w on 150Ah battery, and for a few years it has been running like that without problem, autonomy of the system, more or minus 10h, with two 40w circulators at the bottom (solar heating and hot water) and when the power returns recharge the battery all automatically.

ps: I had tested a pseudo sinus, and the circulators made a lot of noise, but still work.

Be careful, the pure sine wave inverters / charger are not the same things as the pure sine wave inverters, you have to make a difference, and it's not the same price either.

we find everything on the net at very good prices
0 x
tigrou_838
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by tigrou_838 » 26/02/15, 10:05

hi, i just found the links

http://www.aiger.fr/fr/189-convertisseu ... -300w.html

I shoot with this one, it is a little more expensive than a chinoiserie although if like me you find it on sale, it is almost the same price, but I am quieter, at least if problem I know who speak for warranty or whatever.

and for three years no problem, just that I have to change the battery that no longer holds the charge, well it is more than ten years old.
0 x