STMRs: electricity and hydrogen from wastewater

crude vegetable oil, diester, bio-ethanol or other biofuels, or fuel of vegetable origin ...
stipe
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

STMRs: electricity and hydrogen from wastewater

by stipe » 06/03/12, 11:20

A new "bio-fuel"?

http://www.futura-sciences.com/fr/news/ ... xtor=RSS-8

Bruce Logan and his team had already surprised us with a device producing electricity and hydrogen from three types of water: salty, soft and worn. Problem: the MREC device could only be used near the coast. It can now be installed anywhere by replacing seawater with recoverable ammonium bicarbonate salts. The new cell is even more efficient than the old one, including for treating wastewater ...

In September, 2011, Bruce Logan of the University of Pennsylvania, proposed an astonishing concept: to produce hydrogen and electricity from seawater, river water and wastewater. His solution: the "cell electrolysis by microbial reverse electrodialysis", called MREC (for Microbial Reverse Electrodialysis Electrolysis Cell).

A reminder: this system consists of a RED inserted between the electrodes of a MFC. But still ? RED (Reverse Electrodyalisis) designates a device of inverse electrodyalysis, which generates a current thanks to a salinity gradient, for example between sea water and fresh water. It works thanks to ion-permeable membranes. An MFC is a microbial fuel cell (Microbian Fuel Cell). It consists of a compartment containing wastewater and bacteria. There is however a trick: these little animals are exoélectrogéniques, rejecting electrons during their meals.

The MREC therefore combines two devices generating free electricity and used to hydrolyze water molecules at electrodes. However, this chemical reaction causes a release of hydrogen, the desired fuel. Between 0,8 and 1,6 m3 gas can be produced daily for 1 m3 of used water. Either, but what's new?

The MREC has two flaws. First, it can only be used near a coastline. Seawater has to be continually replaced. Secondly, suspended particles foul the device. In an article published in Science Express this March 1er, Bruce Logan explains how he freed himself from these problems, in collaboration with two of his students.

(...)
0 x
"the goal of every life is to end" !.
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/03/12, 12:23

Magnificent !!

Their brains phosphor and heat even more that the bag of knots of their electric wires to unravel !!

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/03/12, 12:27

Useless and gratuitous criticism no? : Shock:
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/03/12, 12:31

I have rarely seen such a concentration of nonsense ...

send waste water into a membrane electrolyser that is so easy to plug!

the way to make energy with waste water already exists: methanization ... bacteria can work in all the volume of a regular tank

why become entangled with expensive membranes that will not work for long?
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/03/12, 12:42

They miss the bonnets of donkeys?

My neighbor also has a septic tank that has been blocked without membrane or electrolysis !!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 06/03/12, 13:15

dedeleco you who likes electronics without circuit board, at least you are served!
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 06/03/12, 14:06

Certainly !!
0 x
nawaz
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

nice

by nawaz » 29/12/14, 10:06

this is very nice pooooooossssssstttt
0 x
Whether you want to pass 70-332 exam exam exams or looking for Test-king.com certification for our BFIT can provide guaranteed success in real www.pmc.edu ccna training are also having Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 29/12/14, 23:47

You lack of faith gentlemen.
What these young people are presenting is only the first version of the Mr Fusion that we no longer present ... pff ...

I assure you immediately, their proto does not deliver 1.21GigoWatt ... : Mrgreen:

0 x

Back to "biofuels, biofuels, biofuels, BtL, non-fossil alternative fuels ..."