Thermosyphon for water heater

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
methabaron
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Thermosyphon for water heater

by methabaron » 12/12/14, 15:05

Hello, I am looking for an opinion on my water heating system in thermosiphon that I made with recycle but that does not boot any more since I connected the cumulus.
here is a shema that represents everything:

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/12/14, 15:10

Uh, it's a solar panel downstairs?
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Thermosyphon for water heater

by Cuicui » 12/12/14, 17:24

methabaron wrote:Hello, I am looking for an opinion on my water heating system in thermosiphon that I made with recycle but that does not boot any more since I connected the cumulus.
here is a shema that represents everything:
Watch out for the air in the circuit that is plugging at the highest point.
Make sure that the right part of the sensors is higher than the left part so that any bubbles that form in the sensors can rise along the hot pipe. Install the overflow at the top of the circuit so that air can escape.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 12/12/14, 17:41

The advice of Cuicui are excellent; if you can not / want to move the expansion tank / too full, you must place an automatic trap on the circuit, at the top of the balloon.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
methabaron
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

so do

by methabaron » 14/12/14, 12:20

Cuicui thank you for his advice, but everything is in order, the slopes, the air bubbles, and an overflow at the top of the circuit.

I wondered if the diameter of my pipes was enough?
and yes christophe it is a panel at the bottom.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 14/12/14, 18:34

Maybe the load losses have increased beyond the initial capacity of the thermosyphon?
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 27/12/14, 17:43

Ahmed wrote:if you can not / want to move the expansion tank / too full, you must place an automatic trap on the circuit, at the top of the balloon.

+1
As long as the circuit is not pressurized, the automatic high-point bleed can be replaced by a simple 6 mm tube that rises higher than the expansion tank.
In desperation, you can insert a circulator in the downstream collector and use it to start the circuit. A stationary circulator does not prevent the thermosiphon.
What is the diameter of your collectors?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 27/12/14, 22:30

Yes, the small diameter tube placed in the right place and following the best practices is a simple and effective solution *, especially as automatic purgers have an unfortunate propensity to get stuck and to have more "automatic" than the name **!
A stationary circulator does not prevent a thermosiphon from functioning, but if the load losses are already high, it is not certain that this small additional loss is not prohibitive ...

* It would be interesting to have an expansion tank.
** Even blocked, an automatic vent can still be operated by hand, but can also be replaced by a simple tap ...
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 27/12/14, 22:38

Ahmed wrote:Yes, the small diameter tube placed in the right place and following the best practices is a simple and effective solution.
It would be interesting to have an expansion tank.
Even blocked, an automatic drain can still be operated by hand, but can also be replaced by a simple tap ...
I guess it's in case the circuit is put under pressure?
0 x