Construction or renovation: choose your windows

Help and advice for your real work in new or renovation, interior or exterior.
djo59
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by djo59 » 01/07/13, 11:25

It always makes me laugh these windows. How many times I have heard people say, I want to reduce the consumption of my house (colander) I will put double glazing.
Far be it from me to denigrate the advantages of comfort between single and double glazing, I'm just talking about numbers.
Here is my encrypted example from a dpe worthy of the name (so rare that it must be said)
54m² of glazing replaced by high performance window (uw =?) For € 30.000. Expected savings € 536 / year or a return on investment of 56 years. Cool they will be screwed up before being profitable.
On dpe I have always seen return times in the 50-60 years for glazing.
Personal in reno, I put DV in 1.4, we find it at a very good price (I had a quote for these same 54m² at 4800 € (just supplies)) and with the remaining money I insulate, I change boiler, ....
This is where the real savings are found with a return on investment of - 10 years
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 02/12/14, 15:40

yes, I confirm the analysis of djo. losses through the windows are minimal unless there are large glazed areas. the gain is paradoxically rather in summer comfort with anti-IR treated windows.
0 x
Click my signature