Nestlé and Water Pure Life business (Arte Thema)

Work concerning plumbing or sanitary water (hot, cold, clean or used). Management, access and use of water at home: drilling, pumping, wells, distribution network, treatment, sanitation, rainwater recovery. Recovery, filtration, depollution, storage processes. Repair of water pumps. Manage, use and save water, desalination and desalination, pollution and water ...
Christophe

Nestlé and Water Pure Life business (Arte Thema)

by Christophe » 06/08/14, 11:50

Yesterday Arte rebroadcast a documentary from 2012: http://www.arte.tv/fr/nestle-et-le-busi ... 92762.html

An edifying survey on three continents which shows how the multinational seizes water resources to sell them at a high price.

How to turn water into gold? A company holds the recipe: Nestlé, a multinational based in Switzerland, world leader in the food industry, thanks in particular to the trade in bottled water, of which it has more than sixty ten brands all over the world (Perrier, San Pellegrino, Vittel or Poland Spring in the United States).
For the Chairman of the Board, Peter Brabeck, water, the spearhead of a planetary strategy, can "guarantee another hundred and forty years of life" to the company. Despite management's refusal to collaborate, Res Gehriger and Urs Schnell take a behind-the-scenes look at this billion-dollar market. From the United States to Nigeria via Pakistan, they explore the circuits of bottled water, highlighting the sometimes expeditious methods of the most powerful food group on the planet.
They show that they are based on a crucial question, the subject of a legal vacuum in many countries including lawyers and
lobbyists of the firm know how to profit: who owns the water?

Public good, private gains

In the wake of Res Gehriger, present on the screen, this meticulous investigation with neat images gives voice to very
many protagonists on three continents, users or activists, opponents and supporters of Nestlé. Peter Brabeck himself vigorously defends his point of view (eloquent, as when he calls “extremist” the idea that water must remain a public good), through his numerous public interventions.

To review on ARTE + 7: http://www.arte.tv/guide/fr/041127-000/ ... -bouteille
0 x
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by 1360 » 06/08/14, 15:15

Yes, criticizing Nestlé is always easy, and the media do not deny it, but we must not forget that this "giant" supports hundreds of thousands of people around the world.

The main production site of the famous coffee capsules is 10 km from my home (in Orbe) and I can guarantee that no one complains about having such an employer in the region (and I do not work there. .)

Personally, seeing a large group get richer, whatever the area, doesn't bother me, as long as a very large number of employees can support their families by working at home (as well as the very high salaries of these "Very" big directors don't bother me, as long as they make the company prosper.

I don't see what is wrong with a business working and making money, isn't that the purpose of trade?

In addition, we never speak of the "colossal" number of companies that have been saved by Nestlé all over the world, thanks to these takeovers ...

Working for money seems normal to me, right?

A+
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/08/14, 18:20

It is sure that there is always worse: there are many more documentaries on anti-green companies (coca, Monsanto, shale gas ...) than on arms manufacturers ...

But I still "prefer" polluters than killers ... even if in some cases it can be similar ...
0 x