G8 Summit and Energy Policy

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
Christophe

G8 Summit and Energy Policy

by Christophe » 19/07/06, 10:18

Here are the main conclusions of the G8 countries on the questions of energy, climate change and health, published on Sunday on the first day of their summit in St. Petersburg.

ENERGY

1) Expensive oil: "Our countries and all of humanity must meet the challenge of ensuring sufficient energy supply (...) To achieve this major objective we must solve serious and related problems such as high prices and volatile oil ".

: Arrow: No coment

2) Market opening: "We are committed to promoting effective market access and investment in all phases of the energy supply chain" as well as "open, transparent, efficient and competitive markets".

: Arrow: No coment

3) Renewable energies: "We will work to develop alternative energy sources with low carbon content" and "we encourage the transition to the hydrogen economy".

: Arrow: MDR

4) Nuclear: "We recognize that the G8 countries apply different methods to achieve energy security and climate protection objectives (...) Those of us who have or are studying use projects and / or nuclear energy development (...) consider that the development of this energy source will contribute to global energy security while reducing air pollution ".

: Arrow: Vivivi ....

CLIMATE

5) The G8 wants to "continue to work to reduce greenhouse gases and effectively meet the challenge of combating climate change". "Those of us who have made the commitment to successfully implement the Kyoto protocol stress the importance they attach to it."

: Arrow: But of course ... not very compatible with 1) and 2) mentioned above, right?

6) The G8 recognizes "various approaches to tackle the inseparable problems of energy security, controlling air pollution and reducing the greenhouse gases responsible for long-term climate change".

: Arrow: HOUHOUHOU !!! WE ARE HERE !!! WE ARE WAITING FOR YOU !!!!!!!! : Cheesy:

http://www.7sur7.be/hlns/cache/fr/det/a ... n=homeHVDN
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 19/07/06, 14:36

And of course, not a word on the results of the Sandia z-machine and the prospects they open for the realization of clean and economical fusion power plants.
0 x
nonoLeRobot
Master Kyot'Home
Master Kyot'Home

by nonoLeRobot » 19/07/06, 15:37

Well, the Z-machine has never worked before, they are at stage 3/4 so really it worked one day and in this case there, not for many years for the experimental and therefore several tens to apply it industrui .

In addition we still have research done in France on this subject, it would be silly to make a true copy and waste time. Then, the possible power of the Z-machine was discovered by hazrd by doing research on the X-ray and more now requires research in 3D simulation. So favored research in general seems to me much more suitable and holy than all wagered these pawns on a fashionable thing that will not happen in time anyway. I am mainly talking about this in connection with the petition.
0 x
camel1
Pantone engine Researcher

by camel1 » 19/07/06, 18:02

It reinforces my idea that you shouldn't expect anything from these assholes!

It’s up to us to put them upside down using all the alternative methods that already exist today, because when they don't have enough customers to buy their shit, their system will go crazy on its own, without demonstrations or Rebellion !

Our power is immense, it is up to us to seize it, and to stop waiting for the miracle solutions that they would like to provide us!

And believe me, there is an emergency!
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 19/07/06, 19:36

nonoLeRobot wrote:Ok the Z-machine has never worked before

If the soldiers modify their bombs, it is good because it has been working, and for some time.
Unfortunately, the military is not interested in fusion power plants, since conventional means provide them with all the electricity they need. Poor civilians would need these power plants. So why not campaign for research to move in this direction, rather than towards a useless and costly project like Iter?
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 21/07/06, 11:45

Who said the military was modifying their bomb ??
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 21/07/06, 17:04

GW BUSH
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 21/07/06, 17:26

camel1 wrote:And believe me, there is an emergency!

And yes then there is more than ... but between theory and taking action there is a margin ... I am the first to be a "bad" example in practice ... and yet I I speak but I speak concretely apart from the minimum gestures I do not do much ... well already I do not take my car to go to work it is already ca :D

But it is certain that we must stop jerking our asses to criticize and do nothing (I am the first frustrated at not being able to take real action) ... pb: it is the decision makers who have the power to do things on a large scale ... not us ... we will remain marginal ... there is that to look at the concrete actions of anti nuclear ecolo for 1 years !!! NOTHING NIET PEANUTS !! : Evil:

Except maybe an awareness of the populations but what in practice? Are less fuckelec electric heaters installed?

Take my idea: I always wondered what would happen if 1 households (French) did not pay their tax for 000 year ... should hire tax auditors in Youth Employment do you think? In all cases it would take years to recover this "hole" ... and if the year N + 000 it happens again hihihihihi ...: Cheesy: : Cheesy:

ps: let's be careful when we say ... the ministry of finance goes on the site every 2 or 3 days ...
Last edited by Christophe the 21 / 07 / 06, 17: 38, 1 edited once.
0 x
neant
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by neant » 21/07/06, 17:27

bah yes, and then it's obvious that we have to modify the bombs !!!
Now that the z-machine has fulfilled its official role, we must find an even more destructive and even more invulnerable weapon!
: Mrgreen:
To defend against thugs, mouarf
0 x
camel1

by camel1 » 21/07/06, 18:47

Econology wrote:
camel1 wrote:And believe me, there is an emergency!

And yes then there is more than ... but between theory and taking action there is a margin ... I am the first to be a "bad" example in practice ... and yet I I speak but I speak concretely apart from the minimum gestures I do not do much ... well already I do not take my car to go to work it is already ca :D

But it is certain that we must stop jerking our asses to criticize and do nothing (I am the first frustrated at not being able to take real action) ... pb: it is the decision makers who have the power to do things on a large scale ... not us ... we will remain marginal ... there is that to look at the concrete actions of anti nuclear ecolo for 1 years !!! NOTHING NIET PEANUTS !! : Evil:

Christophe, you know what I think of the question ...
For my part, I remain convinced that we have a COLLECTIVELY a huge power, because we have for us, on the number of fucked up system, a VERY large number of people who want it to change, and who despair that it never happens by the grace of our politicians.

However, we are at a historic time when the internet, and the communication revolution that goes with it, allows us to come together, and disseminate our ideas and other information ... including to these people.
The experience I am having with the creation of our "Entrepote" grouping is an excellent illustration of what I think.
You can't imagine the response our project is provoking!
And I can also tell you that local initiatives of a collective and united nature, there are plenty on the way or in the making ... and precisely, we have in mind at the same time a grouping of these initiatives across the network, to create a network from everywhere in France and in other countries.

It represents the world, the stuff, skills, a will you don't even know the power of.

I remind you, their power is essentially based on our adherence to their system, if we collectively decide to change the rules of the game, it's as much less power for them.

And to do this, we already have all the alternative answers to the problems that arise here and now, a group decided and not being cold in the eyes can cause considerable turmoil in the population.
To do this, there is no need to be in the majority, the power of example and good concrete achievement will always surpass the needy speeches of politicians.

So yes, I think we can give a little shit the b ... the inside, in a good way!

I'll give you an appointment in a few months, the time that our contracting activities start (well ... there is already a lot of stuff started, Pantone, led video projector ...)

Good to you!

Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...