But where are we going? Lobbies against the cotton wool insulation!

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
chevesne51
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chevesne51 » 31/05/14, 20:01

I would even say: sheet metal has beauty et efficiency.

0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 01/06/14, 19:43

I find these tiles imitation tiles a little ridiculous: this stamping decreases the solidity and decreases the lifespan!

the advantage of the sheet is the simplicity
0 x
chevesne51
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by chevesne51 » 01/06/14, 23:48

? One stamps to increase the solidity.
It suffices to compare the flexibility of a corrugated sheet in both directions.
In the image above, the tips of the tiles are rounded so as not to have a linear fold.

Stamping leads to a reduction in thickness, but what about the lifespan?

The specifications in my town, for a request for work, or a building permit, requires that the roof looks like a Roman tile roof .......

Not easy to combine all this.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/06/14, 00:13

chevesne51 wrote:The specifications in my town, for a request for work, or a building permit, requires that the roof looks like a Roman tile roof .......

that's what I criticize!

in a country where there are millions of poorly housed people and homeless people, imposing expensive construction materials is ineffective is nonsense ... well, it's not the worst, there are the most serious

in my case if I build the plans will be special: a layer of sheet metal for perfect waterproofing, and a layer of tile for the finish ... and the tiles will never be laid ... what will I be condemned to? not to demolish since what will be built will comply ... to lay the tiles? only money will be needed to do it ...

What will I be condemned to? not me but the sci in the name of which will be the building, so as not to have the problem directly on my name ... this is where everything becomes complicated in france ... either we have things imposed on us no more finish ... or we make legal arrangements to pass by
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/06/14, 10:17

chatelot16 wrote:Why change in 20ans?

The glass wool is eternal, if it is in good condition

Nothing is forever, except diamonds (and maybe the souls of some of us ...)! :D

So not at all agree: the wool settles over time, even in good conditions (no liquid water) ... I saw in several lost roofs wool that was more than 20 years old: it was not at all in good condition (well packed), not to mention any holes made by rodents or birds ... And rare are the roofs 100% waterproof!

The most durable insulating materials are, I think, extruded or expanded polystyrene panels (in the absence of rodents, of course)
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/06/14, 10:50

yes polystyrene is more durable than glass wool, but more expensive, and too combustible ... or even more expensive in the less combustible qualities

one of my idea is glass wool between 2 pastic film with vmc of the volume of insulation: very weak ventilation only when the climatic conditions give dry air, completely closed the rest of the time ... no humid air current when there is rain and wind

the exaggerated ventilation of glass wool in current constructions decreases the insulation performance, and produces its degradation
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/06/14, 11:14

chatelot16 wrote:yes polystyrene is more durable than glass wool, but more expensive, and too combustible ... or even more expensive in the less combustible qualities

More durable than eternity? Cqfd! Well we agree!

chatelot16 wrote:one of my idea is glass wool between 2 pastic film with vmc of the volume of insulation: very weak ventilation only when the climatic conditions give dry air, completely closed the rest of the time ... no humid air current when there is rain and wind

It seems very complex and certainly more expensive to implement than semi ridige polystyrene panels ...

chatelot16 wrote:the exaggerated ventilation of glass wool in current constructions decreases the insulation performance, and produces its degradation

Especially if it is mechanical!
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/06/14, 14:59

mechanical ventilation, it is mainly to be controlled: closed when it is harmful

unlike the CMVs of all the accommodation which generally only has control over the name!

in homes with personal leaks do not think of arming the vmc when the wind in the leaks is more than enough

polyethylene sheeting to make waterproofing costs a ridiculous price compared to a good thickness of polyethylene

so for me polyethylene film and glass wool are much cheaper than polystyrene

glass wool or cellulose the ventilation problem is the same, maybe even worse for cellulose: too much natural ventilation and you lose insulation when there is wind ... not enough ventilation it can stay wet and It's worse

between 2 films broken down only when necessary it will be better

rare problem in France but still possible: when it's warmer outside than inside, the classic vapor barrier is on the wrong side, and the insulation gets wet ... it's not too serious since it's when it is hot, and it will have time to dry, but it can count for the degradation of materials
0 x