Empathy cement of human societies?

philosophical debates and companies.
Christophe

Empathy cement of human societies?

by Christophe » 28/05/14, 14:34

An interesting file on empathy (which is increasingly lacking I feel in our societies):

Empathy, the bedrock of morality

By experiencing what others feel, we put ourselves in their place and understand how to help them. Empathic morality is a social glue.

(...)

http://www.cerveauetpsycho.fr/ewb_pages ... -32917.php
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/05/14, 20:29

Empathy is natural and we share it with other living creatures ...
Unfortunately, it has a limit: fetishism, which takes precedence over everything related to this objectified projection of our imagination.
Whether it is a god to whom it is in good taste to offer some of his contemporaries as a sacrifice, or, as is our case, the fetish of value which requires us to put it before the respect of our fellow men , or, to be more precise, to consider them only from the point of view of value, since it is a social relationship mediated by money.
In this aspect of things, the term "fetish" should not be seen as an allegory, a mere way of speaking, but as a reified mental construct.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
Flytox

by Flytox » 28/05/14, 20:53

Empathy, social cement ........ Yes ..... Beware of drifts.

For sure, one source like another to exploit ...

http://www.solimut.fr/convention-collec ... tures.html

Would it not rather be an instrument of soliciting to make believe that such or such company has and applies "humanist values" and empathy?

Why is it necessary that almost in each line link the name of the company to the generosity of these employees? Why this gloomy vision? In a company that I know well, they embarked on this (especially for the competition, media coverage requires), while they organize every day the well-being of their employees in the purest style of management type "Frantz Tellecome ".

: Shock: :frown: : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 28/05/14, 21:29

It just illustrates my message ...
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 29/05/14, 15:41

Can we write a concept, whatever it is, what companies do with it ???

There is an abuse of "ecology", yet it is a science that exists. And by extension, but by extension only, a political approach.

There is an abuse of the concept of efficiency, which may exist.

And now empathy.

Do not question a concept based on the abusive use, or even inappropriate use, made of such and such a society, such or such group of researchers, or such and such "lobby" !!!

Or let's not pollute the debates around this concept, from there.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 29/05/14, 22:08

It is not at all a question of abuse or misuse, empathy being, by definition "free", can only be officially recognized in the framework which is ours, if it allows a creation of value, either directly (psychiatrist ...), or indirectly (company or institution com.).
0 x
Lietseu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Lietseu » 30/05/14, 14:59

chatlutations,

+2 Did67

Talking about empathy as a detergent, here we are, in the consumerist nightmare of our sinking society ...

Here we are far from the definition of the word empathy: mode of intuitive knowledge of others, which is based on the ability to put oneself in the place of the other ...
Quite a program, intuition having for most of our contemporaries, no longer any sense ... except perhaps in the sentence "I have the intuition that I am going to get a good deal"
For my part, the Buddhist sense of empathy speaks to me more, I see it as a way of showing compassion at its most "sympathetic" level in the first sense of the word.

Meow and good luck to all
0 x
By removing Human Nature, he was far from his nature! Lietseu
"The power of love, must be stronger than the love of power" contemporary Lie Tzu?
One sees clearly only with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes ...
Christophe

Re: Empathy, the cement of human societies?

by Christophe » 17/04/21, 11:25

The completely bogus study of the moment that ranks countries according to their empathy in the world!

USA and Saudi Arabia arrive in the TOP 10! WTF !!

empathy_monde.jpg
empathie_monde.jpg (54.22 KiB) Viewed 2445 times

I would like to know what a black bronx or a Saudi woman thinks about it!

Surely a triple-randomized double-blind study co-funded by Gilead and Pfizer! : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

https://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog ... countries/

: Shock: : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:
0 x
eclectron
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by eclectron » 17/04/21, 15:39

South Korea too. : Mrgreen:
https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liste_des ... de_suicide

We often hear of the Korean school system as a stifling system, in which students face tremendous psychological pressure and professional success must be acquired at all costs. The reality is unfortunately very close to this conception

https://blog.courrierinternational.com/ ... conception.

It is easier to identify with others in what they feel, when everyone feels the same, that is to say a great discomfort in relation to societal pressure! : Mrgreen:
USA, Saudi Arabia and South Korea are quite homogeneous and conformist, each in their own way.
1 x
whatever.
We will try the 3 posts per day max
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/04/21, 16:20

Well seen ! Reminds me of the corruption study that ranked the richest countries as the least corrupt!

But what are we laughing at !!

In the "Corruption and Conflict of Interest" family, I ask Mother Pfizer and Son Gilead : Mrgreen:
0 x

Back to "Society and Philosophy"