Regional debate

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 19/05/14, 23:35

say that germany defends itself more than france

but the main thing could have been done before the euro, with a determination of the value of the franc and the mark in euro badly calculated

why in france we find the euro too strong, and not in germany? if the initial values ​​had been different there would not be this problem

At the very beginning of the euro I saw the problem of the CFA franc in Africa: currency common to countries that have nothing in common: badly governed currency: when there is need to devalue they are unable to make the decision to make small devaluation: when it is done it is too late too brutal and too strong ... I said to myself with the future euro it will be the same: ungovernable

and alas my forecast seems to come true
0 x
Did67

Re: Debate on the regions

by Did67 » 20/05/14, 10:23

sen-no-sen wrote:
You will always be able to reduce the number of officials, you will see that the prices will never be competitive.

We will not agree. I gave my point of view. No need to go around in circles in one of those ego battles that you sometimes meet on the Web.

Just this clarification: I did not talk about reducing the number of civil servants, but overall, "public" spending.

I wanted to say that the "expenditure of the State, communities, social systems" are fed by "taxes and charges". Which, for the moment, still weigh heavily on the cost of labor (even if since Rocard and its CSG, it is no longer exclusive).

So I say that there is a link between the competitiveness of a country and all public spending.

And in there, find themselves pell-mell:

- the weight of the debt (interest)
- administrative expenditure of administrations, public services, social systems; of which officials are only a small part
- Etc. ..

From there, one can always find that it is necessary to "save elsewhere ...". When I wait at the SAMU, I rage against the lack of personnel. The person who finds himself postponing his operation from November to January finds this abnormal. Anyone who waits 3 years for his complaint to be dealt with by justice finds this scandalous. Those who cannot find a nursery place find it a priority. Etc ...

So either we think that it is "elsewhere" [of what interests us] that we can save. Either you think you can't touch anything ... In both cases, it's a blocked company!
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/05/14, 10:36

chatelot16 wrote:
but the main thing could have been done before the euro, with a determination of the value of the franc and the mark in euro badly calculated

I don't think so (unless we admit that there is a completely different approach to business management - and that is the history of the country, its training system, it is co-management, it's a family boss, it's a university-business connection, it's always been engineers trained in business - the ex-boss of Mercedes-Benz for example started at the bottom as an apprentice before finished engineer and ... so boss! ... etc).

Germany, it is forgotten, was in serious crisis after the fall of the Berlin Wall. She "bought" East Germany at an exorbitant price (1 East Mark = 1 West Deutschmark was a political decision by Kohl; an economic disaster; I say nonetheless, "Kohl hat" : the history train only passes once, that day, we do not look at the price of the ticket!).

It was sealed for 10 years, with unemployment which exploded. When we realized that it was necessary and to invest massively in infrastructures in the East and to scrap the factories and the agro-industrial complexes, it was hard!

There were then massive relocations of production to the countries of the East. Famous German brands remain. But the production is Polish, Hungarian, Czech ... [look at the packaging of Stihl, Karcher, Bosch, AEG ...]

There were then drastic, and unpopular, measures under the Schröder government. Who knows in France that there were then the "1 mark jobs" !!! [no minimum wage; jobs paid 1 mark / hour to be taken if not removed from their "pole employment"]. Who knows that inequalities then widened dramatically?

"Vallsisme" is a nice version of the "Schrödérisme" of those years (better known by the name of its finance minister, Hartz: read the "Hartz laws" a bit!)
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 20/05/14, 10:40

chatelot16 wrote:
why in france we find the euro too strong, and not in germany?

The answer is simple: the generation in power (we're going to get out!) Remained traumatized by Nazism and its consequences. Do not forget that Merkel comes from the East.

And Nazism, all German of this generation has that in his head, his heart and his guts, it was the consequence of the hyper-inflation which followed the crisis of 29. Arrival at the legal power of Hitler and the continuation one know!

So the value of money is a visceral question in Germany.

Unlike France, which is a "cicada" country. Remember the regular devaluations, which did not worry people in France. Still under Mitterand.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/05/14, 12:39

I quite agree with the analysis of Chatelot : the structural differences which pre-existed before the single currency could, in the long term, only be amplified in the absence of monetary adjustments which would take them into account.

Germany represents the last industrial bastion in Europe, this dominant position has allowed it to quietly swallow up the economies of southern countries, while wrapping itself in a very convenient virtue (advertising, they know! Cf. Goebbels).

At the same time, despite this balance of power which allows it to give the illusion, the inexorable reduction in the return on capital has resulted in the breach of the social contract (the reintegration of East Germany is perhaps not be no stranger) and all of the measures Did67 are only intended to temporarily offset this development.

To celebrate the "Swabian housewife" and castigate the "French cicada" is to stay in the foam of things ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 20/05/14, 13:09

I really appreciate the companies that defend their identity ... when I left school, I discovered telemecanique whose independence and social quality was very good ... alas their capitalist policy was not good: their actions were too poorly rated: the company was woefully easy to buy by OPA, Télémécanique was rich and schneider who did not have a penny made the opa, and was reimbursed on the beast by squeezing lemon

telemechanics really made a huge strategic mistake in the use of capitalism!

I don't think the principle of capitalism is bad: simply there are German companies that know how to do what it takes to last

in France many technically good companies have disappeared due to bad policies
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 20/05/14, 13:19

yes the fear of devaluation is historic in germany

in France it is rather the nostalgia for the period of inflation where one borrowed to buy an apartment and that the following years the reimbursements seemed derisory

which proves quite simply that 2 countries which do not have a sufficient unit must not have the same currency!

there is not only the difference of mentality, there are especially fiscal difference at all the levels

the common currency without common taxation is a trap ... according to taxation it makes paradise or hell

even more absurd: europe has frozen the differences: when france wants to change a vat rate it's quite a story, while tax changes that go in the direction of bringing the european average closer should be favored
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 20/05/14, 14:17

Chatelot you write:
I don't think the principle of capitalism is bad: simply there are German companies that know how to do what it takes to last.
In France, many technically good companies have disappeared due to bad policy.

The finality of capitalism being neither the technical quality, nor the social climate, nor the utility, but simply the capacity to transform a sum of money into a higher sum, what you notice is not surprising.
Rhenish capitalism has always been one step ahead and the primitive cause probably goes back to the Revocation of the Edict of Nantes ...
Even if capitalism were a good system *, it would still have a major flaw in this case, which is its self-destruction!

* All systems are bad, in the sense that they tend by construction to become autonomous and, although constructed by man, to present themselves to him as, to use Marxian terminology, a fetish.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."