Renovation / boiler change

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Pat-Garrett
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Renovation / boiler change

by Pat-Garrett » 01/04/14, 17:22

Hello,

In the course of renovation of an old house bought 3 years ago, we have as project to change the antiquity which serves as boiler oil, whose hot water tank leaking when one draws too much hot water of a blow ...

I allow myself to say that I have of course tried to read beforehand all the relative topics in the forum (and in others) and sorry for future (inevitable?) repetitions ... :)

.:. The House .:.
The house has 2 floors of 80m² approximately 180m² in total + an extension without floor with the bathroom, 20m².
The insulation has been improved (attic and double glazed windows) otherwise it is an old house on the ground floor and wood floor on the floor, the insulation of the walls is average, walls of 40cm brick + coated + BA13 inside of course.
The ceiling height is between 3 and 3m50.
We are in three phase.
Currently oil on steel radiators I imagine.

We installed a stove Jotul F500 recovered on LBC, the conduit is new stainless steel double skin from the floor.
The stove is almost central and an opening allows the heat to heat (a little) the floor via the stairwell.

Before the change of windows and the insulation of the attics lost, we had consumed:
- last year, (very cold) about 4000L
- the year before (less cold) about 3000 liters.
- this year rather soft with the insulation and the stove we are at 1700 liters but the year is not over :) I am counting on 2500 liters ..

.:. The quotations .:.
I first turned to external insulation, a pellet boiler, I was offered an air / water heat pump and I am waiting for a quote for a new oil fired condensing boiler.

..:. Exterior Insulation:
Good it hurts a lot:
Attic insulation built under the Grizzi (first slope of the roof)
200 thickness R = 7 on 117m²
=> 28 300 € TTC

RDC wall insulation:
Wall insulation thickness 120mm R = 3,75 on 154,6 m²
=> 35 850 € TTC

..:. Pellet boiler + Solar DHW
Good it hurts (rounded prices):
current boiler removal -> 370 HT
pellematic boiler 20kw -> 10 080 HT
Accessories, hydro circuit, regulation .... -> 3 HT
silo 6,5t by suction -> 3 700 HT
Solar water heater 300L wall frame collectors -> 5 HT
Smokehouse -> 1 € HT
=====> 25 € incl.

Without solar (tank with emergency elec resistance) => 19 800 € TTC

..:. PAC Air / Water
AIR / WATER PAC AJTECH ext group Mitsubishi ZUBADAN ZURAN 125 TRI PHASE V.2 -> 4 € HT
Installation, connections, electronic spreadsheet modifications ... -> 3 € HT
Electric DHW tank -> € 1 excl.
Removal of the old boiler -> 250 € HT
=> 10 000 € TTC

It say: operating at -25 ° ext, COP. 4,30 R410 DB 50
3 / 5 compressor warranty

As I said, I'm still waiting for other specifications for a pellet boiler, another for a fuel boiler; moreover the house has a well and a water tank but I do not know how to evaluate them for a possible geothermal energy.

Here I give you the next estimate of what I have them ... :)

A +
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 05/04/14, 19:44

In which region ?
0 x
Pat-Garrett
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Pat-Garrett » 05/04/14, 20:53

: Cheesy:
yes indeed I did not specify it! picardie to compiegne chantilly!

merci!
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 06/04/14, 12:50

it is clear that 60k € for the isolation of 200m2 makes you cough. Yet this is where everything is played, because if it is well done your cap will be enough.

At this price, I guess they raise the roof and change the tiles, and insulation walls your price m2 is just double what is practiced in Alsace. Will have to play the competition!
0 x
raymon
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by raymon » 06/04/14, 20:20

The CAP seems a very good solution especially if you have a stove for the cold weather when the cap is not very effective.
0 x
Pat-Garrett
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Pat-Garrett » 08/04/14, 10:37

Philippe Schutt wrote:it is clear that 60k € for the isolation of 200m2 makes you cough. Yet this is where everything is played, because if it is well done your cap will be enough.
At this price, I guess they raise the roof and change the tiles, and insulation walls your price m2 is just double what is practiced in Alsace. Will have to play the competition!

A priori no, they do not enhance the roof, they only affect the converted attic part and there they change what needs to be changed (the roof has a double slope, a part fitted out under slates, the "grizzi" and a attic part lost in tiles).

Ok thanks for the price indication, they use 120 Expanded Polystyrene STO products (for standards and subsidies) but that can be a lot. After all, if it is to triple the price needed to recover a little subsidy and tax credit, I'm not interested, since I've already had some of it for windows and insulation attics lost.
But good, reduce a little insulation will not divide the invoice by 3 either, I imagine ...
I'm going to turn to another solution, at this price, it will be easy to do less, but for once, I'll do it later because it will still not be free ... :|

raymon wrote:The CAP seems a very good solution especially if you have a stove for the cold weather when the cap is not very effective.

Ok, that reassures me !
This is what the seller says to me too, what bothers me is that the stove is not automatic :-D and that, if I'm not there, my wife will not put it on the way :)
Not to mention the eternal debate on the cost of energies.: Mrgreen:

In this regard an installer offers me to install a gas tank! : Shock: I'll let you know when I have the quote !! : Cheesy:

A+
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 26/04/14, 23:01

Question, can not you put a pellet burner on your fuel boiler? Some models can remove the oil burner to put another. Already it will save the removal of the boiler with all that goes with it and the economy of the purchase of the pellet boiler because a burner with the worm and the silo can be obtained at less than 2000 euros.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 27/04/14, 13:06

former oceanic wrote:... a burner with the auger and the silo can be obtained at less than 2000 euros.

I'm a taker too, if you have an address!
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 28/04/14, 22:33

Just search on Gogol.

For example at Ferroli (brand of my high performance fuel boiler):
Pellet burner pellets Ferroli sun P7 with worm Length 1m50 Power: 12.3 to 34.5 Kw 1300 €.

It is necessary to disassemble the old burner, to enlarge the opening of the face of the boiler (or to order another one to better work and to make the exchange) and to fix the new burner.

Look, there are 3 or 4 brands that offer these burners to modify oil boilers.
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Renovation / Change boiler

by dede2002 » 29/04/14, 06:52

Pat-Garret wrote:Hello,

In the course of renovation of an old house bought 3 years ago, we have as project to change the antiquity which serves as boiler oil, whose hot water tank leaking when one draws too much hot water of a blow ...

A +

Hello,

This "leak" reminds me more of a problem with the humidity and the insulation of the balloon, when it cools rapidly, it condenses and it flows.

A+
0 x