Tips and returns pellet stoves Ecoforest

Heating, insulation, ventilation, VMC, cooling ... short thermal comfort. Insulation, wood energy, heat pumps but also electricity, gas or oil, VMC ... Help in choosing and implementation, problem solving, optimization, tips and tricks ...
Obamot
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Obamot » 26/11/10, 16:34

Laurette5708 wrote:thanks for your answer dedeleco.

So news for my current stove (I do not have the docs on hand, I'm not at home):
- bought from the ECO-TECH GROUP (you're right you have to make the difference) from Villeurbanne, they are attached to another name also for geothermal installation I think, the name will come back to me

- mark: from memory the docs that I have concerning the norms etc are in the name of FOURNIER in the Jura (to re-check tonight)

- model: ORFEO

- installation in August 2007, first pbs (black smoke coming out in the house) in November 2007.
So worked somehow one winter.
Start-up test in September 2008 : did everything to break in just 10 minutes ... was safe ... fortunately I have a new electrical installation
[...]
we were young and naive ...

What is difficult is that you do not answer the specific questions that are put to you .... So difficult to see clearly. We will still try ...

1) First you suggested that Eco-Tech would be the manufacturer, then we discover that he is an inexperienced reseller. You therefore have the possibility of obtaining parts from the manufacturers and the list of installers who could take charge of a distribution. You can also inform the manufacturer of the misfortune you had with this company, they are required by law. If you have invoices for your repairs (and or copies of letters), you can claim "The warranty for defects " which applies to cases like yours. And based on the facts you describe. This statutory provision does not extinguish a guarantee until you have been satisfied.

2) You say that the Eco-Tech Company is in "current safeguard procedure". But it is 3 years that you bought your stove, it is no longer under warranty. You are no longer bound, and no longer have to go through them (although that complicates the task)!

3) There are still some strange points in your description of the facts. You say you bought a stove in August 2007, then had problems not being able to use it all winter ...
It was then that we had to act and seize justice to demand an immediate refund and not wait more than a year with this problem to redo a trial that failed ...

4) So if we understand correctly, you have no heating since 2008, that is for two years? Hard to believe unless negligent attitude on your part. The proof is, you're waiting for winter again to worry about the situation: make an effort and this time go all the way, damn it!

5) What did your former supplier say about the quality of the pellets you bought to run the stove, are they, perhaps involved too, be careful to dry them as suggested by Dedelco?

In short, in your place I will contact the manufacturer (although you have much too late) to restart your installation, if only to liquidate your 2t pellets. Then I would eventually turn to ANY OTHER type of heating. Because apparently this system may not be suitable for your needs and how you manage this type of installation.
Last edited by Obamot the 26 / 11 / 10, 16: 40, 1 edited once.
0 x
Laurette5708
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Laurette5708 » 26/11/10, 16:38

dedeleco: we tried all kinds of "threats" so to speak ...

- Letters recommended between November 2007 and October 2008 = remained unanswered or technician who told us on the phone that they were going to follow up blablabla

- UFC that to choose first in October 2008 => they made them several registered letters which remained unanswered. They don't care about any threats ...

- So entering the TI in December 2008. The other party never appeared at the hearings ...

- Expertise at our home in the presence of 2 parties (well, they move) in May 2009 == the expert recommends us to find an agreement and then gives his report to the judge.

- judgment rendered in September 2009: my husband and I withdrew thinking that the other party would respect his commitment. Procedure completed.

- October - November - December 2009 = telephone reminders and registered mail are unanswered.
We are confirmed that the amendment we made to the agreement does not suit them, we are signing a new agreement on the advice of a lawyer in council.

- spring 2010 = filing of a legal protection file with our insurance company, the ECO-TECH company is in a safeguard procedure, not yet in bankruptcy but as much to say that the "small creditors" come last ...

it's amazing that our insurer did not tell us about everything you mention dedeleco :?: I will inquire a little more ...

I do not really want to give up, but in the meantime, I get heated to the electric, EDF damn increased my monthly payment ...

so I'm a little lost, I do not know if I have to keep this one and show it by someone who knows it to restore it or change everything ...
that does not prevent that I can continue my procedure, after all, we were well done ...
0 x
Laurette5708
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Laurette5708 » 26/11/10, 16:51

Obamot, thanks for the advice.

It is clear that we have waited too long to seize justice.

As I said, it worked (with technical problems) during the winter 2007-2008, winter during which we tried to have several times the visit of a competent technician (with recommended letters and shots of son) without success.

When we tried to restart it in September / October 2008 to check its operation before the winter, there we had the unpleasant surprise to see it all disjoined on the line ... == where we mail ( ...), see my previous post.

Before resorting to this kind of heating, I had redo the complete electrical installation, so that I heat from 2 winters with electricity exclusively.

I will try to find the name of the manufacturer and see with them ...

I found the site: http://www.groupeecotech.com/site_ecotech/index.htm

they are part of the BUHL group (or BUHL is part of the ECO-TECH group, I do not know exactly).
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 26/11/10, 17:12

There is the installer who is responsible with his insurance!
There is the manufacturer ??
Who went bankrupt and is in the process of saving, so responsible in activity !!

There are insurance for everyone who must pay the consequences of their problems and mistakes!

It is necessary to turn against these assurances which guarantee the professionals for their errors and disasters, bankruptcy or not !!

Try to give precise facts, because you have lost 10000 € and you will lose at least 5000 € with a new stove without guarantee of success, if all the speakers are not controlled, given the number of scams we see everywhere in the building and heating and elsewhere !!

Do you have a defense insurance and home remedy ??

Finally the manufacturer of the stove does not look very clear with his Canadian stove tested !!
You have to know the brand in Canada !! and challenge it.
He can make an effort by finding an electronic card that works, even by paying 100 or 200 € ???

The experts had concluded what ???
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 26/11/10, 19:17

In reality, it is a model stove "Jupiter" from "Piroux", the only French manufacturer but which has its beautiful factory in Romania.
What does it matter! You should be able to get more help from this company, maybe even the address of a competent technician near you. I had positive echoes on their sav.
0 x
Philippe Schutt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Philippe Schutt » 26/11/10, 19:35

Laurette5708 wrote:Getting started in September 2008: made everything break in just 10 minutes ... was safe ... fortunately I have a new electrical installation!

A common cause is the starter candle. the ceramic in the candle would take moisture during the summer and this would cause a leak to the ground. Try to start unplugged candle. it will not start of course, but if it does not break any more you will have confirmation of the origin of the problem.

Keep us in touch !
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 26/11/10, 19:58

The Canadian stove at eco-tech who becomes Romanian !!
In reality, it is a model stove "Jupiter" from "Piroux", the only French manufacturer but which has its beautiful factory in Romania.

Philippe Schutt pro serious at least knows in camouflaged stoves under various names!
http://www.alsapoeles.fr/

The restive animal looks like this ????????????????
http://www.poeles-piroux.com/?page=gale ... le=jupiter
with this address:
Piroux group
ZI of Lucinges - 01370 TREFFORT
Tel: 04.74.42.10.12 - FAX: 04.74.42.39.68

http://www.poeles-piroux.com/?page=contact

If this is the case, at worst, you will have to pay an electronic card and a probe to restart it!
0 x
japanboy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

How to choose your pellet stove?

by japanboy » 03/10/13, 14:10

Hello,

I thought for a long time before choosing the pellet stove as a heating method. Here are some tips I can give to those who would like to switch to this heating mode and make the right choice:

- Provide a smoke evacuation via a conduit. All homes do not allow it. Otherwise, you can opt for a sealed pellet stove (with certification, it's better).
- Choose a top-of-the-range stove with a minimum efficiency of 85% and make the correct adjustment to increase its performance. The "green flame" label guarantees you a good yield. Some devices do not have this label but the yield is very high, suddenly the price is less expensive, it can be interesting as on this site http://www.soldonet.net/w/votre-poele-a ... f-113.html where some models are design and fit like indoor furniture.
- Buy quality pellets to prevent clogging of your pellet stove. You can find them near you in the garden and DIY stores.
- Choose a convection heat system rather than a blower to have a quiet appliance.
- Ask to test a device at home, some suppliers offer it, it can be reassured before buying the device and not be disappointed.

Hoping that my opinion will help people who have asked the same questions.
0 x
edtony88
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by edtony88 » 27/03/14, 16:35

Hello,

I own a pellet burning stove ecoforest vigo stainless, and it works wonders after a careful tuning over the phone with the importer because the dealer could not hear anything ..
all parts are available and the distributor is French for those who have problems
0 x