No more live batteries Ultra-capacitors!

Hi-tech electronic and computer equipment and Internet. Better use of electricity, help with the work and specifications, equipment selection. Presentations fixtures and plans. Waves and electromagnetic pollution.
minguinhirigue
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by minguinhirigue » 09/01/10, 10:00

bernardd wrote:But that would make 11kg: just need a 10M3 helium balloon :-)
Velomobile drivers will tell you that with electrical assistance, their 20 to 40 kg of electric velomobiles are still quite tolerable in the middle mountains and hilly region :
- climb speed at 10 km / h assisted by the engine
- descent speed limited to 40 km / h for battery regeneration
- flat speed 30 km / h
- all along, pedaling at constant effort (aerobic ...)

However, I am a bit off topic ... Because the ultra-capacitors remain a very interesting hope for the future but still have no practical application on electrically assisted pedal vehicles. :D
0 x
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 10/01/10, 11:13

Hello,

minguinhirigue wrote:Velomobile drivers will tell you that with electrical assistance, their 20 to 40 kg of electric velomobiles are still quite tolerable in the middle mountains and hilly region :

Thank you very much for this link, it is VERY interesting. I fully understand their arguments, including physiological, and I think that this concept makes very great sense. I will add 2 additional points:
- greater physical security on the road, because the well-made cabin can provide HUGE protection;
- possibility of filtering the air in the city to protect against pollution ...
while waiting for everyone to use this (or the air car :D )

And besides, if the indicated mass is not a problem, then it means that the large current capacities are adapted to these machines! Very good news...

minguinhirigue wrote:However, I am a bit off topic ... Because the ultra-capacitors remain a very interesting hope for the future but still have no practical application on electrically assisted pedal vehicles. :D

I do not think that this is irrelevant, because the large existing capacitors are already suitable for this use, improving the efficiency of the battery system, because they have a better charge / discharge efficiency and they absorb power peaks better.

In fact, large capacities should be integrated into the battery management system, dimensioning them to absorb peaks, and letting the batteries manage the average power.

But it is not yet in the habit, for sure.
0 x
See you soon !
bernardd
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bernardd » 21/03/10, 21:21

0 x
See you soon !
jean.caissepas
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by jean.caissepas » 16/01/14, 14:18

First production line of graphene supercapacitors in China: annual production of 50 graphene supercapacitors of 000 Farads.

Link :

http://www.supercondensateur.com/premiere-ligne-de-production-de-supercondensateurs-graphene-en-chine

It remains only to know the price and availability in France ...
0 x
Past habits must change,
because the future must not die.

Back to "Electricity, electronics and computers: Hi-tech, Internet, DIY, lighting, materials, and new"