Trigeneration with frying oil

Tips, advice and tips to lower your consumption, processes or inventions as unconventional engines: the Stirling engine, for example. Patents improving combustion: water injection plasma treatment, ionization of the fuel or oxidizer.
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 23/11/13, 16:53

Okay, but in a hot engine the water returning from the radiator is not cold, with the return from the tank it is different.

So I think it's better if the thermostat is at the entrance (bottom), like on many car engines.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/11/13, 21:29

fidele beaver wrote:Concerning the risks of corrosion I specify that my tanks as well as the exchangers in corrugated tubes with their fixing are entirely in stainless steel (old milk tanks, then champagne tanks!)

Apparently your stainless steel tanks do not risk much, on the other hand the aluminum of the cylinder head ....

A few decades ago I circulated (for 2 years?) With a 4L with tap water as coolant (I was refueling instead of changing the leaking water pump .. .: Mrgreen: ) ..... the water passages in the cylinder head were puffed up in certain places of several mm .... When I dismantled (for something else) there was a place (calorstat side?) which was going to pierce outwards.

In addition, the connections with the engine and the boiler will be made of flexible hose type hose with an inside diameter of 1 ".
I have not yet acquired this tube so if you have a type of tube to suggest to me at a reasonable price I am interested.

Recover on a wreck for scrap. You will even have the right elbow to put in the right place. :P
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Flytox

by Flytox » 23/11/13, 21:34

dede2002 wrote:Okay, but in a hot engine the water returning from the radiator is not cold, with the return from the tank it is different.

So I think it's better if the thermostat is at the entrance (below), like many car engines.

AMHA the general case, it is above on the water outlet of the cylinder head.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/11/13, 03:33

no matter where the thermostat is placed, the water from the tank returns to the engine where it is needed to mix with the water that runs in a closed circuit in the engine

as long as the return of the tank is cold the thermostat will move to a position where the flow rate in the tank will be lower than the flow rate in the motor ... only when the return of the tank is hot enough that the thermostat will have to send all the flow in the tank and nothing more in closed circuit
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 24/11/13, 08:25

Flytox wrote:
dede2002 wrote:Okay, but in a hot engine the water returning from the radiator is not cold, with the return from the tank it is different.

So I think it's better if the thermostat is at the entrance (below), like many car engines.

AMHA the general case, it is above on the water outlet of the cylinder head.

For example, on BMW and VW engines, it has been placed as an input (bottom) for 40 or 50 years.

It behaves as a mixer, the expandable element is heated by the internal loop and immediately in contact with the water which enters.

When it is at the outlet, the cold water must go around the engine before reaching the thermostat, which for a short time continues to open.

It would be nice to have detailed photos to see where it is placed.

There are external thermostats, fixed on three hoses, the third being the loop taken at the exit of the cylinder head. It is easy to adapt to the case.

A+
0 x
beaver faithful
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Some pictures

by beaver faithful » 14/01/14, 09:43

Here are some photos showing the progress of my work.

Here is the boneless 12kw electric boiler (same power as the generator). It is equipped with 3 resistors per phase which can be controlled individually and which I would offload according to the needs of the house.

I had to build a metal chair to put the entrance of the old boiler at the height of the group exhaust!

The top of the tanks is now insulated with two or three layers of glued mattress foam.

The tank temperatures are measured using 6 DS18B20 probes distributed over the height.

0 x

Back to "Special motors, patents, fuel consumption reduction"