Bio-nanotechnology: towards eternal life? Correspondent

Books, television programs, films, magazines or music to share, counselor to discover ... Talk to news affecting in any way the econology, environment, energy, society, consumption (new laws or standards) ...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 04/08/10, 16:20

The technical use of science suggests that we know everything and that we master with certainty, and never imagine that our current knowledge is very insufficient to master the long-term consequences of our actions that lead to unforeseeable disasters in the time of decision !!

Thus GMOs (like very associated pesticides) assume the dogma that we know and control everything with our unfailing knowledge of life !!

However we act with GMOs by sinking into the fog in reality, because the mechanisms of multicellular life remain very unknown, despite the knowledge of the genetic code !!
Epigenetics and trash DNA (junk DNA) which we see more and more the essential utility, are examples of our almost total ignorance, and the proof of our madness to act, to change living beings into n ' including almost nothing !!

I very much doubt that we are going towards eternal life when we have almost nothing in control of cancer despite very many studies which show that the most effective is prevention with a healthy lifestyle, a varied, non-industrial and not too rich, exercise (divides the risk by at least 2, as well as cardiac).
Current technical progress rather shortens life, with pesticides and their GMOs, hydrogenated fats (yet stabilized and harmless chemically!), Sugars and sodas real junk dangerous, (which however in chemical simplicity resemble fruits).
As in the past, we can be sure of new disasters with future GMOs, drugs, products, and other pseudo progress too hasty with false certainties given our real ignorance.
With nuclear, the same, we are sure of a new Chernobyl sooner or later, by multiplying the power stations !!!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/12/13, 19:05

0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/12/13, 18:36

Here, a riddle:
what, in your opinion, links the search for human immortality and the planned obsolescence of objects? 8)
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 30/12/13, 19:27

Ahmed wrote:Here, a riddle:
what, in your opinion, links the search for human immortality and the planned obsolescence of objects? 8)

Something like profit for example ....
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 30/12/13, 21:19

There are several possible answers, this one is indeed correct, but I have in mind a more metaphysical correspondence ... 8)

I edit, to provide a clue: the link is not what they have in common (profit for example), but rather relates to their interaction ...
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 30/12/13, 23:43

Ahmed wrote:There are several possible answers, this one is indeed correct, but I have in mind a more metaphysical correspondence ... 8)

I edit, to provide a clue: the link is not what they have in common (profit for example), but rather relates to their interaction ...

The planned obsolescence aims to boost economic growth by forcing the consumer to regularly renew his equipment.
This logic is part of a desire to seek unlimited growth, it is in the sense that we can see a metaphysical desire *.
This research logically ends up pushing the human himself towards an "unlimited" existence ...

* Irrational would be fairer!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 31/12/13, 18:58

This is an interesting answer: the work of production / consumption having to repeat itself indefinitely, only an infinite individual lifespan is able to satisfy this condition ...

My point of view was very close and complementary to yours.
The life of men is brief and it takes place in the artificial framework of the objects he creates, a world more permanent than him and which provides him with stable benchmarks; from the moment these objects become precarious this stability disappears and must therefore be sought on the only artificial (cultural) being available, man, who is therefore summoned to integrate this property, thereby renouncing his humanity.

Note that this disavowal of death predates scientific work that seeks to make this (more or less) possible ...
Scientists are only responding to a pre-existing demand.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 31/12/13, 19:26

Ahmed wrote:
My point of view was very close and complementary to yours.
The life of men is brief and it takes place in the artificial framework of the objects he creates, a world more permanent than him and which provides him with stable benchmarks; from the moment these objects become precarious this stability disappears and must therefore be sought on the only artificial (cultural) being available, man, who is therefore summoned to integrate this property, thereby renouncing his humanity.

Very good analysis!
We can actually observe a phenomenon of mimicry between man and his environment.
From a scientific point of view, it is simply an adaptation mechanism.
The environment changing under the pressing action of human activities, man has no choice but to adapt to the artificial environment created ...

Scientists are only responding to a pre-existing demand.

I would speak more of techno-scientists, even of necromancers than of authentic scientists!
By 2050/2080 it will be possible to create human beings by ectogenesis ... but the good old cold will still prevail !!! :frown:

Note that this disavowal of death predates scientific work that seeks to make this (more or less) possible ...

"There is neither death nor birth, what is born is only the body, the body is a creation of the ego" Ramana Maharshi.

We could not be more clear ... as a by-product of brain activity, the ego does not want to die, so it is logical that the human being seeks at all costs to want to escape death, which has for meaning the end of the reign of the ego ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 31/12/13, 20:03

Yes, go for the techno-scientists! I had already clarified my position on this subject by distinguishing "speculative science" and "performative science".
0 x
Grandaddy
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Grandaddy » 03/01/14, 17:50

louphil wrote:After the advent of "1984", welcome to "Brave New World" ... with humans made / programmed as needed : Evil:

Sacred Aldous Huxley;) After in the latter's novel, I would say that eugenics is mainly used to organize the hierarchy within society (the alphas are the ultimate upper class if I remember correctly).
Well, I read this novel well four years ago, I probably don't remember very well anyway x)
0 x