What do you think of such a future energy source?

Renewable energies except solar electric or thermal (seeforums dedicated below): wind turbines, energy from the sea, hydraulic and hydroelectricity, biomass, biogas, deep geothermal energy ...
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 05/12/13, 16:03

sustainergy wrote: Source?
What does a 15% return mean?
This means that if it is estimated that 1 liter of ethanol contains 10 kWh of energy
A heat engine, especially a "V12" will easily consume 10 to 15 liters per 100km in town (Madam's cars, M segment gasoline sedans commonly consumed 16 liters per 100km in traffic jams ...)
So 15 liters represent 150 kWh of energy when an electric car like Madame's 106 currently consumes 20kWh for the same trips ...
The big advantage of the electric car is to consume only the necessary energy because the engine never turns for nothing, like a petrol engine that turns during a stop at a red light ...

The figure of 15% is then very realistic, the real maximum efficiency of a heat engine (road journey at 80 / 90kmh) can hardly exceed 35%, the rest is wasted in waste heat, noise, ...

Continuing to use fuel in internal combustion engines is heresy due to efficiency AND pollution, the last point being unacceptable because INSOLUBLE.
0 x
sustainergy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sustainergy » 05/12/13, 16:17

citro wrote:
sustainergy wrote: Source?
What does a 15% return mean?
This means that if it is estimated that 1 liter of ethanol contains 10 kWh of energy
A heat engine, especially a "V12" will easily consume 10 to 15 liters per 100km in town (Madam's cars, M segment gasoline sedans commonly consumed 16 liters per 100km in traffic jams ...)
So 15 liters represent 150 kWh of energy when an electric car like Madame's 106 currently consumes 20kWh for the same trips ...
The big advantage of the electric car is to consume only the necessary energy because the engine never turns for nothing, like a petrol engine that turns during a stop at a red light ...

The figure of 15% is then very realistic, the real maximum efficiency of a heat engine (road journey at 80 / 90kmh) can hardly exceed 35%, the rest is wasted in waste heat, noise, ...

Continuing to use fuel in internal combustion engines is heresy due to efficiency AND pollution, the last point being unacceptable because INSOLUBLE.

Thank you very much for this explanation.

So 15% for ethanol is a good yield as an energy source
?
cordially
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 05/12/13, 16:32

0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: What do you think of such an energy source of the future?

by moinsdewatt » 07/12/13, 13:29

sustainergy wrote:Hello,

News on the forum and very interested in new renewable energy resources, what do you think of a possible resource described here:
https://peerj.com/preprints/66/

Abstract which brings nothing.

You should read the article to see what it is all about.

Close the wire
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 07/12/13, 14:13

sustainergy wrote:

?
cordially

Hello,

I would like to add my testimony, because I had the opportunity to take a measurement of engine power and performance on the bench, during a course in a school.
We made very precise measurements, with an electronic balance, and the best yield we got was 15% ...

And this at maximum power, all the other measurements gave a worse yield.

To put it in perspective it was a greedy engine (mitsubishi colt turbo) powered by the 95.

We can do better :D
0 x
sustainergy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: What do you think of such an energy source of the future?

by sustainergy » 07/12/13, 19:24

moinsdewatt wrote:Abstract which brings nothing.

What did you expect him to bring?

moinsdewatt wrote:You should read the article to see what it is all about.

What is it about, if you read and understood something?
Personally, I have read it and find it interesting. But it seems that it is "jealousy" and "contempt" that torture the minds of some here ...! :?
0 x
sustainergy
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by sustainergy » 07/12/13, 19:53

dede2002 wrote:
sustainergy wrote:

?
cordially

Hello,

I would like to add my testimony, because I had the opportunity to take a measurement of engine power and performance on the bench, during a course in a school.
We made very precise measurements, with an electronic balance, and the best yield we got was 15% ...

And this at maximum power, all the other measurements gave a worse yield.

To put it in perspective it was a greedy engine (mitsubishi colt turbo) powered by the 95.

We can do better :D

Thank you for your testimony!
0 x